ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup track car

172 cup, Impreza P1
Looking very sweet mate, I'll see you tomorrow at knockhill!

What you using tyre wise in the rain that is expected?

I've got yoko A048's or pe2's but not sure what will be best. I'll be bringing both so I'll see when i get there.

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
sorry i never replied.

toyo 888's i used. worked very well i must say, although they need a little warming up first i found out....:eek:

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
another update:

put in the dash (flocked) and am colour coding the mirror caps to the inside colour.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

rgds robert

172 cup, Impreza P1
Seemed to miss you all day at knockhill. Every time I was out you were in and vice versa.

Car looked sweet but and sounded very nice. What exhaust system have you got?

Was it you that had the bump?

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
if you mean a spin, yes twice. just on track tho, didnt go off.

powerflow box and a decat of some sort. not really sure about the ins and outs, cause they came with the car. although the decat wasnt fitted yet. on tickover it sounds as if the exhaust has a hole in it, but once driving it does sound good!

rgds robert

172 cup, Impreza P1
I think everyone had a spin at some point. I had 2 as well.

Someone went into the barrier just after the chicane and the session was red flagged. It was a Clio 172 cup I think and when he came back to the pit lane the bumper was hanging off. Think it got fixed and was back on track in no time.

Where did you get the cage from?

Cheers,
Steven

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
yeah i actually saw that; was quite close behind him. was the guy with the pressed plates. he had tape over his front plate.

cage is a 6 point bolt-in from oreca, bought from K-tec. nice one and fits well. was a bit bend in transit, but fits well! very similar to the omp one but cheaper!
mind that the harness bar was welded in seperately.

rgds rp

172 cup, Impreza P1
Next on my list is the cage along with a yozza exhaust so need to look at this one.

Always wondered why they were so reasonably priced but if you think the quality is as good it's worth considdering.

Any other track days planned at knockhill?

clio 182
You managed to get the dash in ;)

Cheers for the lights mate and the car looks good! I needs myself a cage!

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
Any other track days planned at knockhill?

yeah. next one on june 9th. gonna try and do a few. mainly via trackscotland
deffo ecommend the cage. fairly easy fit, although you need to weld in the plates, which i cant do myself, but if you kknow somebody... the rest is fairly straight fwd. good service from k-tec and a little discount from here too... :approve:

You managed to get the dash in ;)

Cheers for the lights mate and the car looks good! I needs myself a cage!

just another butcher job, but actually worked out alright if i can say so myself! haha
welcome for the lights.
i saw yesterday your car still sitting in the carpark very lonely.... was there for a go-kart session...

clio 182
Ha ha, its getting rescued on saturday!

Its make or break for my car now, trying to way up the cost of building it a spec a want to use it in hillclimbs etc or buy one already done!

Keep up the good work though and hopefully see you on track soon again!

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
saw there's one on sunday. dependant on work i might be there.
there's another on jun 6th which i'm thinkin about. but deffo the 9th!

hope you'll get it runnin again soon!

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
so here's just a few pics of the renaultday on may 23rd and today, june 6th both on Knockhill. the 205 is my friend. it's a MI16

5789972318_109585559b_b.jpg

5789410877_71647738e9_b.jpg

570.jpg

255894_233101766704738_100000147504136_1145288_3055488_o.jpg

243975_233101730038075_100000147504136_1145287_128881_o.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Never noticed this thread before but thats me behind you in the silver ph1 at knockhill, 2nd pic down! lol shame your selling mate looks a great track ready motor!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
thanx. needs must.

i might have the original pic somewhere if you want...

yeah i suppose! I'm sure youl get something another time ;) And its fine I've just saved that one :D lol