ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup squeeking

clio 172 cup
hi can some 1 help me when i put my left lock on and the road is bumpy theres a squeeking noise coming from my left n/s but on a smooth road nothing, iv had it a garage they sed they cant see nothing :mad:

Iceberg Ph1
It maybe the actual top mounts.. there is a bit of movement that come from these.. Its normally more of a bump/bang noise then a squeak, but I'm sure rubber moving against metal can cause this also..

Is it a constant squeak or it only happen when you hit a bump?

clio 172 cup
yeah constant but like i say only on left lock iv just bin read a tread saying something about grinding the tops

Iceberg Ph1
Grinding the tops.. I hope not in the terms of chopping them up in anyways! The top mounts move up and down, if you lift your bonnet and watch the mounts as you turn the wheeel (leaning through the window :rasp:) You will see them move, mine, when on lock to left or right move up and down also when on a lock when at a stand still, while moving over bumps the mounts bump up and down causing a bang noise, this is common, unless your mounts look totally worn out I wouldn't worry.. Lets see if someone else on here will join in, because I can't get the squeaky portion to make sense, but it would just be rubber+metal contacts.. Was it wet at the time?

172 Cup
Woul dleav egrinding to last resort would try the washer fix first (Placing a washer under top mount cap) Plenty of thread on it. Mine also squeeked - drivers side only!

clio 172 cup
no mate its bin like this since i got it its still under warrenty i took it back loads of times now cos it pulls to the left aswell..they laser tracked it aswell...they sed it was the gearbox mounts when i went back yesterday i told um its something do with the suspention i just dont want them to fob me of :S

172 Cup
Yes but i also fitted coilovers at same time. If you do a search through the forums for top mounts knocking or something like that you'll see theres hundreds of people had it!! :)