ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Suspension/Bush Refresh

Bmac

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

I've been advised by the local garage that the following needs replacing on my 172 cup:
  • Top Mounts
  • Track Rods
  • Track Rod Ends
  • Anti roll Bar D bushes

I'm wanting to do a front suspension refresh. Whilst doing this I thought I might as well replace the wishbones which I understand come with the bushes already installed.

My questions:
  1. What else should I replace whilst I'm at it, any other bushes up front that I should replace
  2. Part numbers - I'm getting very confused with part numbers relating for the Cup. From what I can see the Cup has different wishbones, track rods and subframe. I've also seen that the there is only one type of wishbone you can buy now and there is no cup/non-cup varient. Does this mean that all 172 wishbones have the correct caster for the cup? It doesn't help that when I go on to AutoDoc, I get presented with a lot of different options, especially for track rods with different lengths.
I've seen the sticky but I don't know if these are for the cup.

Bmac

ClioSport Club Member
Also, does anyone have an exploded diagram from the suspension components, might help me identify a few replacement parts that are looking a bit worn, like the ARB Brackets

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully these help, annoyingly they don't have part numbers on them.

00097856_1.png

00152525_1.png

01025807_1.png

01029168_1.png

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Ask them to do the inner Anti-roll bar bushes as well.

Parts

CB1N - 172 Cup

Inner ARB bushes - 7700847383 (2)
Inner ARB brackets - 8200078548 (3)
Outer ARB Bushes - 7700784171 (8)
Outer ARB brackets - 546141405R (9)

Top mount kit - 543A09780R (8)

RHF Wishbones - could be 6000073512 or 820025795
LHF Wishbones - could be 6000073511 or 6000073511

Double-check with the dealer for wishbone part numbers

Wishbone bushes - 8200651169

I didn't have numbers for track rod ends and ball joints, but again your local dealer will help with part numbers.

Bmac

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks both.

That top mount is a perfect example, if I put the part number into autodoc, they sell them with or without bearing. I take I need a bearing?

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks both.

That top mount is a perfect example, if I put the part number into autodoc, they sell them with or without bearing. I take I need a bearing?
I’d just buy the genuine Renault ones when it comes to top-mounts, you’ll avoid all the faff. Check to see if RenaultPartsDirect or KamRacing are selling them.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member