ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v Clio 01 Starting Problems

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
the battery is fine as ive checked its charge and charged it up and all the electricals work but when i turn the ignition on the warning light in the middle of the dashboard flashes and she wont even make a noise other than a relay clicking under the hood. On occasion after the 50th time she will fire up and sometimes after a few goes at that will actually start but its such a pain. Once ive had her out a long run and get home she will start no bother for like 15mins but then it goes back to square one. :( can anyone help :(

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
the light between the Stop and the Service light it is flashing constantly and then after a several minutes of turning they key it will go completly on and the engine will attempt to start

the light between the Stop and the Service light it is flashing constantly and then after a several minutes of turning they key it will go completly on and the engine will attempt to start

The light your on about is the imobiliser light, try your other key see if the key is the issue.

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
ive recently changed the battery within the key, as i knew this was one of the many issues that it may have been. I posted this as i believed it may have been something with the coil pack or starter motor and needed some second opinion. And was wondering if there was any others out there with the same problem that could share some light into it for me.