ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

¼ Mile At Pod - Saturday October 19th

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Saw Josh (ex Colt and Silvia) and he has a new ride. He might be interested in coming...will have to wait and see.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
That's anyone's guess, Dan changes cars like women change shoes.

Really enjoyed the last drag day, yes it's not a proper track day but it's a lot less stressful on the tyres and brakes,
even with burnouts before ever run, not so good for the gearbox though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Really enjoyed the last drag day, yes it's not a proper track day but it's a lot less stressful on the tyres and brakes,

And how much have you spent on the car since the last run? ;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

And bashed the odd Scooby with the dog kennel if IIRC;)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed, not to mention panicking what's his names Skyline,
he had a bad launch and I had a perfect one, took him the whole 1/4 to catch me,
only took me by a car length at the line.

Although the last time I saw him he'd sorted out a minor boost leak and added more boost,
if I race him again he'll f*cking destroy me. lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
As the Italians say ' change gear when the pistons are dancing on the bonnet ' ;)
no doubt it'll kill the turbo doing 2.5k launch starts

As the Italians say ' change gear when the pistons are dancing on the bonnet ' ;)
no doubt it'll kill the turbo doing 2.5k launch starts

Good luck trying to launch at 2.5k;)

it just spun at the front when i tried. I will be pleased just to see your dci turn up in one piece and not broke:)..

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Should have took your car down the strip then you girl, I was nice and toasty with the heaters on all day,
while you were freezing in the stands, quietly weeping over your perfectly functional gearbox and changing your tampax! :rasp:

I'm so getting a dead arm the next time I see you. lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Should have took your car down the strip then you girl, I was nice and toasty with the heaters on all day,
while you were freezing in the stands, quietly weeping over your perfectly functional gearbox and changing your tampax! :rasp:

I'm so getting a dead arm the next time I see you. lol

Yes you are!!! :rasp:

Flol.

Was that Don in the crowd with tampax up his nostrils?

No, that was Chris! Although Matt was sat at home in warmth with Aimee giving him a thumbprint!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I got some slicks if your brave enough to launch at 5k:rasp:
deal, although the slicks will just bog my car down lol

Good luck trying to launch at 2.5k;)

it just spun at the front when i tried. I will be pleased just to see your dci turn up in one piece and not broke:)..
I'll give it a go, I can't spin the wheels up unless I dump the clutch at 3-4k will my foot flat to the floor lol.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Don't you hold the paddles and a button, it selects first , you hold the paddles and rev. Let go and it controls the launch?
Or am I thinking of Ferrari 458's

Easy

Clutch down, select 1st, stamp on go pedal till the limiter kicks in then let the clutch out..

Jobs a good un.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes you are!!! :rasp:

No, that was Chris! Although Matt was sat at home in warmth with Aimee giving him a thumbprint!

I was so cold!

I'd wrapped up warm too! Cold to the bone!