ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

¼ Mile At Pod - Saturday October 19th

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Following on from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?709435-1-4-mile-drag-day

I have set this thread up so I can update the initial one which should hopefully hold all the relevant information for the day itself.

This is being held at the Infamous Santa Pod Racewayhttp://www.santapod.co.uk/e_rwyb.php

This page is for the Saturday Night Specials...which is on the data above! http://www.rwyb.co.uk/sat_night_special.php

Location for those who are not in the know is here:-Santa Pod Raceway
Airfield Road
Podington
Wellingborough
Northants
NN29 7XA

This was the list as of 3rd August...and while I know its Mid October...we need to get interest in this moving in order to ensure we have the numbers for the day :)

List:
1) Martin
2) Tom
3) danward
4) danevo
5) B00m
6) DaveDreads
7) davo172
8) tom172cup
9) Dan@M.A.D
10) Don

There will be a PM coming out nearer the time, but want to keep it in here so I can update this thread should anything change. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I like :D keep me in the loop Don, I want come :D

I will email whole of West Mids for interest...then if we have a definitive list, will PM them nearer the time...so defo get your interest down on here so I know where we are up to. Could even do a full weekend and camp Saturday night if people fancy it...

RB 182 cup
i had to sieve through a fair bit to find the prices, just to confirm, 4pm-9pm is £10, 9am-9pm £30, 9am-4pm £20? Is that right.

I will be up for the 4pm-9pm i would think in the clio.
Do you think it will be busy enough to warrent paying early or will it be fine on the gate?

I will email whole of West Mids for interest...then if we have a definitive list, will PM them nearer the time...so defo get your interest down on here so I know where we are up to. Could even do a full weekend and camp Saturday night if people fancy it...

Im game either way ! :) ill drag my mates honda too ;) lol

ill start a list then

1- Beasley Clio182

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm still in. Let us know when and how much you need paying and I'll have it right over. :) May offer a non-Clio mate.

I wont be accepting payments. I am going to suggest doing it through Santa Pod themselves as it saves me a lot of hassle. Obviously then the payment will be between you and the company so that if they send tickets or a band...it will get to your home address rather than mine and then I send it on.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I think people will be showing up through out the day as the track's open for 12 hours,
​I don't think my tyres will last that long. lol

Last edited:
  big boost cup
Im aiming to get there for 8.30 till close. would be good to have a little comp as everyone has got a fair chance at bracket racing

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Im aiming to get there for 8.30 till close. would be good to have a little comp as everyone has got a fair chance at bracket racing

So you're only going for 30 mins? ;)

Is anyone tempted to stay over that weekend?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I wont be accepting payments. I am going to suggest doing it through Santa Pod themselves as it saves me a lot of hassle. Obviously then the payment will be between you and the company so that if they send tickets or a band...it will get to your home address rather than mine and then I send it on.

Always better to pay on the day if it rains or forecast is rain waste of time .

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
How does bracket racing work again? Looking forward to this.

Each driver picks an E.T. to which they think the car will run to. So say you had a turbo'd clio who thinks he can do 13s up against a standard clio dialed in at 15s.

The slower of the two cars will get the green light first, in this case the 15s clio would leave first with the 13s clio having a 2s wait.

First one to cross the line and within their dail-in time wins. If you go too quick then you 'break out' and the other guy wins.

It's all on reaction times really, as a holeshot win is possible. This is where the car runs a slower E.T. but wins due to a faster reaction time at the start.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I think i'd rather just have straight up racing than handicap/bracket races,
last time I beat a few faster cars because my launches and changes were better,
drag racing isn't all about power, the underdogs can stick it to better cars on occasion.