ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave - Project Track Shed

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Dave the Mani is easy. Take rad out and just drop it out the bottom.

Where does it say exhaust? Its the manifold, which is an utter c*nt on the J4 engine lol.

Needs an MOT 1st, so yeah, build it on Wednesday night, then MOT it on the way there :D
Its the same thing to me, more time can be spent sealing a s**t exhaust then just swapping a manifold.

Flol I know what a 4 branch mani is, I was just stating it shouldnt take that long. If Dave was nearer Id give him a hand.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Flol I know what a 4 branch mani is, I was just stating it shouldnt take that long. If Dave was nearer Id give him a hand.

Ah cheers mate, shame you're soo far away, our 'fixing days' are quite fun lol.

Btw all fitting times were estimated & take into consideration huge hangovers & continual bacon sarnie/Haribo breaks ;)

Renaultsport
Ah cheers mate, shame you're soo far away, our 'fixing days' are quite fun lol.

Btw all fitting times were estimated & take into consideration huge hangovers & continual bacon sarnie/Haribo breaks ;)

this sounds like my kind of 'fixing day'!
im liking the project, tempted to have one of these myself. the phase one vts's are getting really cheap now. Not sure if id find time to drive it though with the cup being my weekend car already.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I'm looking for a mani too so maybe we can have a double fixing day?

:)

Plan, ill be having quite a few of these days over the coming 2 months lol ... lots of parts to fit!!!

this sounds like my kind of 'fixing day'!
im liking the project, tempted to have one of these myself. the phase one vts's are getting really cheap now. Not sure if id find time to drive it though with the cup being my weekend car already.

Buy one just to mess about with tbh, gives me endless amounts of fun!! You'll also find that by buying & selling bits for it constantly, you make far more money than just leaving it all sat in an ISA - i call it investment. My girlfriend calls me a berk ...

M

mini-valver

You DONT need to remove the rad or f**k all to fit a manifold. Dipstick holder out, mani to box bolt out, undo cat/mani joint, undo head studs, unplug llambda, pull it off. ACRES of room without taking bumpers and all that crap off.

Renaultsport
Plan, ill be having quite a few of these days over the coming 2 months lol ... lots of parts to fit!!!

Buy one just to mess about with tbh, gives me endless amounts of fun!! You'll also find that by buying & selling bits for it constantly, you make far more money than just leaving it all sat in an ISA - i call it investment. My girlfriend calls me a berk ...

yea im thinking about it, your thread and budgies one is persuading me lol
i used to have a 16v rallye a few years ago. i also had 'project sleeper' with a series one 106 roland garros which i got carried away with tbh, 16v,421, pugsport, bilsteins, gti6 brakes, comp mos, i rebuilt a disc rear beam. i should of kept to a budget though it ran out of control in the end!
Did you get your raceland 421 second hand? iirc they used to be quite cheap new anyway so hope you got a bargain!?

M

mini-valver

Yeah, i've done it before on the 106, was a bit of a slow knuckle scraper doing the manifold bolts back up again though lol ...

I actually wish I lived closer so I could come and help, although that would distract me from finishing the rebuild on mine, I dont care. Love these, gutted I wrote mine off. FFS. :dead:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I'm free Saturday Dave, if you want to crack on with a few bits?

Hai x

Latest addition to the parts bin, Budgies Bilstein B8 & Eibach Sportline combo, swopped with cash + my Spax PSX kit. Also persuaded him to fit my new brakes as part of the deal ;)

4268028589_38bf21d953_b.jpg

You're right, Saxo's are hugely underrated! Yours is coming on to be a bit of a beast though. They're so much easier to work on than Clios as well ;):cool:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
reading this dave has made me want to do this to my vts!
afterall im only going to be using it at weekends so hmmmmm.
may need some tips from you in the near future!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You're right, Saxo's are hugely underrated! Yours is coming on to be a bit of a beast though. They're so much easier to work on than Clios as well ;):cool:

Bit of another update, Eibachs are now sold as they are very soft, looking to get some Faulkner -45mm custom 155lb ones instead - much better for track ;)

Hopefully get some of it actually on the car this weekend lol. Theres also a Quaife ATB diff group buy on Shed that i need to stay away from :nono:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Bit of another update, Eibachs are now sold as they are very soft, looking to get some Faulkner -45mm custom 155lb ones instead - much better for track ;)

Hopefully get some of it actually on the car this weekend lol. Theres also a Quaife ATB diff group buy on Shed that i need to stay away from :nono:

So that means we'll have the transmission out of the car this weekend then.:rolleyes:

ITB'd 182...
Just get it out on track

Thats a good few days paid for instead of a diff mate ;)

Or a Ring trip!

M

mini-valver

5 understeery track days ;)

I wouldn't bother either though, you'll be replacing boxes left right and centre. Swapping the diff about is just extra hassle.

5 understeery track days ;)

I wouldn't bother either though, you'll be replacing boxes left right and centre. Swapping the diff about is just extra hassle.

Lol I was told this also by my friend that works at Peugoet, I put it down to the drivers but we will have to wait and see with mine. Heard that the S1 rallye ones are good though, both for ratios and durability.

TTRS & V50

Oh so true. The Eibach's are almost identical to standard, very good spring, but not for track use. I was very pleased with them on my old one with standard shocks.

I was taking the mick fella, you mentioned you wanted it to commute. Im sure you'll give it a good thrashing on its first outing. Dont break anything though.

M

mini-valver

Lol I was told this also by my friend that works at Peugoet, I put it down to the drivers but we will have to wait and see with mine. Heard that the S1 rallye ones are good though, both for ratios and durability.

S1 Rallye box is stupid short. Best box out there for the TU is the 1.4 XSI.

Durability wise, they're all s**t, lol.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I was taking the mick fella, you mentioned you wanted it to commute. Im sure you'll give it a good thrashing on its first outing. Dont break anything though.

Oh yeah, forgot that, ill only be using it to get to wo rk work to remind myeself how to heel & toe, driving an auto golf for 3 months ill undoubtedly need some practice!!!

Breakages wise, im crossing my fingers :eek: