ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave - Project Track Shed

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Sexo has a new, & quite appropriate sticker ;)

DSC02275.jpg

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You should see the rest of it ;) Currently has a bike being stored on the bonnet, along with two axle stands, a ramp & an exhaust on the roof. Its a detailing geeks nightmare tbh ...

Shed FTW.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Well, despite me no longer owning a clio, my braking system is now mostly clio based! Why, i hear you ask?

Well Mintex M1144 (MBD1339) rear pads are not only for the clio 1*2, but the saxo/106/306, etc ...

In addition, my Ferodo DS2500 (FCP565H) front pads are for the clio 1*2 and 306 Gti6, & I have the 283mm Gti6 calipers sat in my garage ;)

So, whilst i now drive a sexo, there's still clio flowing through my veins :evil:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Have you got the big master cylinder too?

I have and the pedal travel seems miles compared to the 20mm of trev lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Have you got the big master cylinder too?

I have and the pedal travel seems miles compared to the 20mm of trev lol

You got the Gti6 one? I'm on the lookout for one as it does actually improve things!! Some people run the bigger brakes without one lol - you have to push the peddle pretty much to the floor before it does anything :S

What are your thoughts on the car so far?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yeah i've got a GTi-6 one. It still seems to have a lot of travel though. Most likely needs bleeding and some new fluid.

I love it. Its an under steering little bugger and traction is w**k in the damp but its all very safe really. Go too fast into a bend and it just doesn't turn lol

Still its quick, even with another set of wheels and tyres in the back i can easily keep up with my mates cup.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've got one of them too.

TBH it goes a lot better with the OEM exhaust on...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Well Sunday brought more progress, despite the minus temperatures!! 4 jumpers, scarf & beanie FTW ... Bump starting a car by yourself isnt fun though, especially when you slip over on the ice & your car carries on rolling down your drive & across the road ... oops lol.

Firstly, i thought i should take some fresh pictures now the outside is nearly 'finished' - well i've fitted new front & rear bumpers, removed the front fog lights/grille & pulled the dent on the wing out a bit more. Also removed the 'vts' badges from the rear three-quarters.

Yum
DSC02286.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02283.jpg

At some point i will no doubt cut a few additional holes in the front bumper for some extra cooling, no point making any brake ducts though, the bumper is now hollow & i dont have any arch liners ...

Also decided to take a picture of my (freshly 'cleaned') engine bay, now im no detailer, but it looks a lot better than it did lol:
DSC02287.jpg

So, after that bit of photo-based whoring, i decided that rest of the sunroof mechanism & sound deadening needed to come out. The myriad of wiring also needed to be labelled up ready for partial removal. Made sense to give it all a scrub down as well, 9 years of dirt meant that it was getting a tad minging in there ...

Oh yeah, i now have a sexy steering wheel as well ;)

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

After all that, i then cleaned the seats, side mounts & subframes & fitted them both in properly; Bimarco Expert for driver & Corbeau Sprint for (thin) passengers. I've also modified the subframe so that i can reach the pedals now - always a bonus!! No pictures yet, so you'll all have to wait for the next update for some awesome looking interior shots ...

Full brake setup now arrived, consisting of refurbed Gti6 front calipers, 'Grp N' discs & Ferodo DS2500 clio 1*2 pads (larger surface area than Gti6 ones!). With the 'Grp N' rear discs, Mintex 1144 pads, braided lines throughout & a Gti6 master cylinder, its safe to say that it should 'stop on a six-pence'.

So, whats next, well .... lots!!! Still got about 20 boxes of bits in sat the garage ...

Coming along well now, the paint doesn't look that bad in some of the poics, I noticed the swirls on the boot, but the wings & doors look really clean, are they swirled up too ?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Coming along well now, the paint doesn't look that bad in some of the pics, I noticed the swirls on the boot, but the wings & doors look really clean, are they swirled up too ?

In all honesty, its not as much of a nail as i make out lol ... was probably better before i starting storing parts, tyres & bikes on it though :eek:

I've only actually cleaned it once, in August, before its MOT, using the 'one-bucket' method, so i'm not entirely sure how it looks so fresh in the photos - must be my incredible camera ability :quiet:

Excellent project. Subscribed. :approve:

Thanks :D will hopefully have a few more updates over the xmas period ...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Stop hurting it.

P.S. buy my Pro comp for £207.82 delivered.

In all honesty, its not as much of a nail as i make out lol ... was probably better before i starting storing parts, tyres & bikes on it though :eek:

I've only actually cleaned it once, in August, before its MOT, using the 'one-bucket' method, so i'm not entirely sure how it looks so fresh in the photos - must be my incredible camera ability :quiet:

Thanks :D will hopefully have a few more updates over the xmas period ...
It still looks clean & doesn't look bad at all :D i'll keep an eye on the thread too :cool:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Oh its you who won them.

f**ker

werent from newcastle area were they?

:rasp:

Well, last night there were 2 sets from Newcastle on there:

£140 complete
£105 with 1 damper missing

Was just going to 'buy it now' on the 1st set & some bugger on Sax-P beat me to them ... Then another set appeared a moment ago in Suffolk, so i snaffled them!!

God knows where all these Spax kits are coming from, must have all fallen off the back of the same lorry lol. I've bought 3 sets cheap off the bay in the past month ;)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
:rasp:

Well, last night there were 2 sets from Newcastle on there:

£140 complete
£105 with 1 damper missing

Was just going to 'buy it now' on the 1st set & some bugger on Sax-P beat me to them ... Then another set appeared a moment ago in Suffolk, so i snaffled them!!

God knows where all these Spax kits are coming from, must have all fallen off the back of the same lorry lol. I've bought 3 sets cheap off the bay in the past month ;)

They are comming from Halfords lol.

One lad i know bought 6 sets of them for £50 a pop lol

carl

C

clvs2222

looking good mate, looking forward to the llandow trackday now as we should be quite evenly matched, im got 150bhp but still weigh over 900kg.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Dave why didn't you give me a shout when you were out playing with the Sexo at the weekend? I'd have bundled up and come over to help you pull more bits off!

Is the exhaust sorted out yet?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Is the exhaust sorted out yet?

Sort of lol ....

More purchases today!! After much umming & ahhing, i had finally narrowed the harness choice down to Luke 2" 4 pointers at £110 or OMP 3" 4 pointers at £155. Finally decided on the latter, went to pay, checked Sax-P 1st and well, another bargain was purchased ;)

Think i now have everything i need to finish the build ....

da508.jpg

OMP DA508 4 point harness with 3" shoulder straps, steel adjusters, 2" lap belts, central push button release & waist load spreader pad.

Couldnt be bothered with the aircraft buckle after hating the one on my previous TRS 6 pointers. Way too much hassle lol.

£155 new from Demon Tweeks

Dave price: £60 delivered ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Any updates ;)

Not really, went home to Cornwall for xmas, then the snow got in the way :dapprove:

Last night i realised that theres not actually that long until Llandow though (Thursday 25th March) & i don't currently have a car to do it in!! As such i thought i better make a list of what still needs doing:

Done:

1. Fit new front & rear bumpers
2. Strip interior back to metal
3. Remove all sound deadening, rear wiper & fog lights
4. Fit new steering wheel & seats
5. Partially fit new exhaust
6. Replaced wheels/tyres with MOT friendly ones

To do prior to MOT:

1. Install roll cage, tidy up interior wiring (2 hours)
2. Finalise seating position & fit harnesses (1 hour)
3. Remove interior surface rust near rear tailgate (1 hour)
4. Change manifold, catalytic converter & lambda sensor (3 hours)
5. Fit new rear discs/pads & free up drivers side caliper (2 hours)
6. Change to Gti6 front calipers, discs/pads & replace drivers side abs sensor (3 hours)
7. Install Gti6 master cylinder, braided brake lines front/rear & bleed brakes (2 hours)
8. Fit quickshift to gear linkage (30 minutes)
9. Add OMP lower front strut brace (20 minutes)
10. Tidy up engine bay, ensuring that all replaced parts are securely tightened (20 minutes)
11. Full service including spark plugs, fuel filter & oil change, maybe cambelt depending on wear (2 hours)

After MOT:

1. Fit Spax suspension & fine tune to suit driving style (3 hours)
2. Install Magnex de-cat pipe (30 minutes)

As you can see, its clear i need to get on with it a bit :eek:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
So we're all gonna be round your house the night before building it to get you on the track the following day? ;)