ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave - Project Track Shed

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
When's the seat's going in, Dave?

You mean seat ;) Hopefully going to fit it in the next couple of weeks, need to strip out the rest of the interior 1st & fit the cage though. Oh and in case anybodies wondering, an OMP half cage does fit in a 3 series coupe. Just lol.

Project cars are the way forwards guys, the whole lots cost me less than a set of AST's for the 172!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Little bit more progress last night.

Fitted the new front bumper (no cracks) and ripped the rest of the interior out in preparation for the cage & bucket seat ... so now have no carpet or sound deadening anywhere.

Obviously need to remove the dash & get all the weight out from behind there as well though ;)

Rubbish pic, but it gives you an idea.

DSC02187.jpg

2 minutes after this was taken, i somehow managed to trip over my own feet & throw my rear bumper through the living room window, oops :eek:

TTRS & V50
QUALITY MATE. absolutely love it, perfect set up too, m sport coupe and a french track ****.

vts's are pretty darn quick aswel, wouldnt want to crash one though.

will closely watch this coming from the saxo vt* scene myself.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Latest purchase, Magnex back box, centre pipe & decat. Wanted a Pugsport or Saxpsport, but the latter has only just been launched & is £260 ... the Pugsport doesnt fit properly.

This fitted in with my 'low-cost' ethic ;) & makes it far easy to swop the cat in & out for MOT purposes ...

PB050203.jpg

You could probably lose a small child up the rear pipe, but nevermind, its a saxo innit, brap brap ...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
S'right nice blud. You is well gangsta aiiight.

Had another chuckle to myself thinking of you putting your bumper thru the living room window....:rolleyes:

Up for a beer one eve next week?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Ive got a supersprint back box off my saxo if your intrested? Done about 6,000 miles on my car and i payed £160 for it from Kam racing bought in April ish this year. Ill sell it for £80.

Im by j6 on the M25 IIRC your round by Staines?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ive got a supersprint back box off my saxo if your intrested? Done about 6,000 miles on my car and i payed £160 for it from Kam racing bought in April ish this year. Ill sell it for £80.

Tbh, i did want a Supersprint Race, but having already bought the Magnex, ill leave it thanks.

In addition, seeing as theres some good saxo/106 hatred on here at the moment, i thought id update my little blog lol ...

Im planning on fitting some of the garage full of parts i have this weekend, so should be able to get some more pictures up next week. In the meantime, i've now purchase some OMP upper & lower front strut braces to firm things up a little! Sarah also suggested that she would like to attend/drive on the track days with me, so i invested in another OMP subframe for her, along with this little 'racing seat' off eBay:

Bimarco.jpg

:cool:

The search continues for some decent 4 pots though :dapprove:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Well, yesterday brought some help in the form of Nick172Cup, Ollie1982 and Hamish (my Elise driving mate from Cheltenham). Despite all being fairly hungover – I was absolutely hanging I might add …. We (re: they) got quite a bit of work done!!

First up, the Magnex drainpipe:

DSC02260.jpg

It would seem that whoever fitted the standard exhaust (new about 2k ago) only did the bolts up with their fingers – much to Nick/Ollie’s surprise when it literally fell off in a about 2 minutes!!

As you can see, my garage isn’t the largest, but my drive isn’t flat, so jacking it up is a slight mission … you can also see my sexy new upper strut brace & raceland induction kit here. Bwaaaaaaarp.

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02263.jpg

Clearly Ollie isn’t happy with the safety levels offered by the slopey drive & as such, hones his ‘management’ skills by making Nick get underneath it ;) Grill & fogs are also now removed, both for weight saving & cooling purposes ...

DSC02265.jpg

The exhaust is only held on with one clamp at the mo as some of the nuts/bolts are knackered – but we’ll sort that when the new cat/lambda/manifold (yet to buy) are fitted. Fits perfectly though & isn’t too loud at all – probably good as I have no interior whatsoever! Also good for db limits on track …

So after some bacon & egg sarnies, we fitted the new steering wheel & removed the rest of the interior, dash is still in, but the sound deadening behind it is mostly gone, along with the headlining & various parts of the sunroof mechanism. This will in in time be replaced by a sheet of Perspex, along with a set of polycarb windows …

The motto for this part of the day was, ‘weight loss, if it wont unbolt, snap it off’ …

The calm before the storm:
DSC02274.jpg

All gone:
DSC02276.jpg

So, a massive thanks to Ollie, Nick & Hamish!! Role on the next ‘car & beer’ weekend …

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I never forced Nick to get under that poorly supported, precariously balanced car......he got under there before i had the chance...honest...ahem.

So when can we next pull more trim off? I enjoyed that yesterday!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yours & Nicks are getting the 'weight saving' treatment next though ;)

What the 'Is this piece of interior trim absolutely essential?' method?
As keen as i am to follow the Lotus principle, im quite keen on keeping the car fairly habitable......the Pug is a chore to drive at the best of times, i don't want to make the Cup one as well!

330i. E30 Touring.
Looking good, matey!

Have you got a cat? I might need to borrow it come MOT time. ;)

Oh, and £2k?! XSi FTW.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looking good, matey!

Have you got a cat? I might need to borrow it come MOT time. ;)

Oh, and £2k?! XSi FTW.

Yeah i've got a cat, hopefully it works for my MOT 1st ha ha, car absolutely stinks when its running at the moment, no wonder it failed on emissions!!

£2k is full-on track spec BTW, to include the following:

15” Compomotive MO’s with Eagle F1’s, GE Quickshift, 283mm 4 pots (Hi-Spec preferably), new rear discs/Mintex 1144 pads, exact braided lines, dot 4 fluid, Bilstein B8’s or Spax PSX adjustables, Magnex full system inc. decat, wrapped 4-2-1 manifold, enclosed induction kit with green filter, Corbeau Sprint & Bimarco Expert Seats, 4 point harnesses, OMP steering wheel & boss, OMP half cage, 2 x OMP side mounts & subframes, polycarb windows & maybe fibreglass bonnet & boot depending on funds …

The full strip down is free (well i paid in bacon & egg sarnies) & has saved approx. 85-90kg so far.

Im aiming for about 155-160bhp per ton for Stage 1 :D

Stage 2 is cams & tb's ...

330i. E30 Touring.
£2k well spent, with that lot!

I just bought a Gti engine with Kent PT51 cams. £250. Hopefully dropping it in next weekend.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looking good Dave, dont tell me Nick was under there with just a halfords jack supporting it? John will tell you about the one that we had fail epic style, Hence why i would not even go under there with out an axle stand lol!

Dave i'm gonna have to pop round and check this thing out, progress is really moving on!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looking good Dave, dont tell me Nick was under there with just a halfords jack supporting it? John will tell you about the one that we had fail epic style, Hence why i would not even go under there with out an axle stand lol!

Dave i'm gonna have to pop round and check this thing out, progress is really moving on!

Nah, dont worry, even hungover we're not that daft :rasp: jack + 2 axle stands at least! Mind you, after removing all the interior, its so high we could probably just lie under it ...

Bought some ramps last night so that we can raise it up in the garage - for additional warmth during winter of course ;)

Feel free to pop over some time, its moving forwards nicely now! Im picking up a 4-2-1 manifold tonight, so its just the 4 pots to buy now, get it all fitted and persuade someone to give it an MOT ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Are you going to get it weighed and rolling roaded?

Will it be road legal?

Well, theres a CS rolling road planned for January so i might aim to get it done for that, although theres no real rush ....

Weighbridge might be done at some point - if its free - have been using the bathroom scales to weigh everything thats come out so far ;)

And yes, it'll definately be road legal :D

TTRS & V50
Good progress.

But for a track weapon i would have gone for a supersprint race system rather than the oil drum magnex pisch.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Good progress.

But for a track weapon i would have gone for a supersprint race system rather than the oil drum magnex pisch.

Oh, you mean the Supersprint 'track day' exhaust that fails to meet most UK racetracks db limits .... great lol :rolleyes:

It does sound nice mind you, bit like the old Pugsport's i had on my 106 gti's! Although the straight through centre pipe makes swopping the cat over a bit of a pain as well tbh. Oh, and they dont fit in with my 'cheap' ethos, Magnex drain pipe was a bargain ;) fits beatifully as well!!

Been buying more things again this week actually, Raceland 4-2-1 manifold and some more Gti6 brakes, this time fully refurbished with new lines, seals, discs & pads! Lovely:

IMG_0114.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
What discs are you planning on using? Heard lots of good things about Maxtorq ones and they fit with your ethos ;)

All looks good for the price! :cool:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
What discs are you planning on using? Heard lots of good things about Maxtorq ones and they fit with your ethos ;)

All looks good for the price! :cool:

I've got Maxtorq discs front & rear, along with Feroo DS2500 pads on the front/Mintex 1144's on the rear. The Maxtorq's from Kam Racing are very good value for money!!

Along with the braided lines, larger gti6 master cyclinder & decent fluid, it should stop fairly well now lol.