ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive not spoken to northy properly for years but ill ask lol

its quite a way from me tho. can hire one but its about £100. im hoping my ex will be able to help out but we dont really get on so great lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hummm im now thinking i might go for broke n get the inside done fore the outside goes for paint!.. dooable? 2 weeks and im away next weekend?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thanks northy :D

i have a few options now, going to go up tonight n have a word with the lad i share the unit with see what he wants, n crack on, if i can get another layer of primer tonight thne i can paint the door shuts tomorow n see where we go!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
updates

_MG_2180.jpg

door shuts and boot painted, still more to do on the boot but couldnt get at it with the door shuts being wet

_MG_2177.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

rear beam now painted :D
rear suspesion strut finally off! wow that was hard work, enlisted the help of my brother for that one lol

62268_439976798483_505458483_4935806_5901512_n.jpg

and had this donr by jims factory.. not got it back yet so stole these off his facebook page lol
59459_154122764612902_133289896696189_394732_628722_n.jpg

4abeee97.jpg

can't wait to see this finished! massive well done on doing it by yourself (for the most part) wish i had the skills!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
nah got a friend cominf in n doing it.

i cant get it out of the unit without a massive ball ache

Black Clio GT
ffs laura, finish this project and you may actually enjoy it rather than wanting to start another lol

looking good by the way...

E36 M3 Evo, Clio 172
i love golfs i have a mk1 gti which im going to do a 2.0 16v conversion on in the future and i have a mk2 gti 16v which i have put a 2.0 16v motor in its just getting plumbed up at the moment so that should be good

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hehe thanks, yeah it is taking its time but i guess it gets worked on once a week ish n armed with minimal mechanical knowledge n a haynes manual its kinda hard.

esp when you share a unit with golf gurus but your there on your own 95% of the time

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
update guys:

due to the workshop i use being turned into a comercial workshop i need to bust my ass out of there in the not too distant future. so thats shook things up a wee bit.
i went up yesterday to try n put some more stuffs on the engine.. and broke it... oops lol

just had a text today saying, waterpump is on, cambelt is on all timed up n tensioned. woop
so engine is near enough ready to go in now :D

once thats in n ruinning it will be off to a company down south to sort some other bits out on it and paint it :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
69079_454691543483_505458483_5206598_3232633_n.jpg

rear coilovers on and doors back on (wow they are a pain!)

engine all timed up just needs the gear bix to be fitted then can plank it in.. was going to do it but couldnt work out how the new fast rd clutch went in hahaha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
correct, probably about 100 with the mods.

not going to be the quickest car in the world, nip nippy , light and chuckable :D

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
correct, probably about 100 with the mods.

not going to be the quickest car in the world, nip nippy , light and chuckable :D

yeh alot on polo3 were getting about 100bhp with mods, i owned a polo gt . it was awesome, only thing that let it down were the brakes imo

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
london way :)

countdown has begun. just got the tast of boxing n labling all the remaining nuts n bolts... lucky not many left now :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
wiring isnt connected yet lol, still got the carbs to go on etc but its in Woop!! rest goes on tonight :D

winston , got the 5 speed out of the polo, got a 4 speed as a spare just incase lol , then its ready to go get finished next tuesday :D. decided not to go for a cage but buckets with a retro feel and harnesses.. so rear seats wont really be usable but still there :D