ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
mot law states as long as the tread is in the arch line its completely legal, im gonna be spacing my wheels out which means i will need a stretch to make it legal... would rather do that than have the wheels an inch inside the body :p

DCi 100
Surely huge amount of camber would be more ASW than abit of poke though?

Where's the pic of that old shed with the wheels on nearly horizontal...

Don't rock hellasunk. While I hate massive amounts of poke there's a certain combo of stretch offset and camber that looks spot on.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
_DSC3315.jpg

4627054899_e94e8520bf_o.jpg

Like this? ya?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
That's not bad at all Laura! Really want a MK1 :( In a few years maybe. With some wicked carbs for added win :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well the car was £700 + £100 to get it home
paint £300
bike carbs n manifold £250
suspension £150
exhaust manifold £150
written off polo gt £200

then loooods of wee bits that add up, probably needs another grand to get the rest of the bits

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
well the car was £700 + £100 to get it home
paint £300
bike carbs n manifold £250
suspension £150
exhaust manifold £150
written off polo gt £200

then loooods of wee bits that add up, probably needs another grand to get the rest of the bits

That aint bad tbh, im looking for a reasnobaly priced Mk1.. Theres a guy around here with 6! 2 are being fully restored, 1 is gettin a VR6 Motor in and another a bike engine.. the other 2 are just sitting there doing ufck all but he wont sell them... :mad:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
awsome!! love your tt btw to, see you around stockport and cheadle a fair bit.

not any more u wont... went to its new home yesterday woooo
ill be in the zed.. same plate as the TT tho

That aint bad tbh, im looking for a reasnobaly priced Mk1.. Theres a guy around here with 6! 2 are being fully restored, 1 is gettin a VR6 Motor in and another a bike engine.. the other 2 are just sitting there doing ufck all but he wont sell them... :mad:

Last add up it was between 2.5 - 3k probably stand me at 4 ish by the time im done, not including workshop rent and tools

want to get it finished asap

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Last add up it was between 2.5 - 3k probably stand me at 4 ish by the time im done, not including workshop rent and tools

want to get it finished asap

Cheap as chips... Lucky for me i have my own garage :rasp:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it is my own garage... kinda... i just rent it off the landlord lol

really need to get my ass in gear now

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Thanks... sure ill need more help. need someone that knows about brake lines lol

my biggest fustration atm is finding the bits i need to put things back together, there are parts every where

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Thanks... sure ill need more help. need someone that knows about brake lines lol

my biggest fustration atm is finding the bits i need to put things back together, there are parts every where

Brake lines are easy :rasp: but your to far away for me to help :dapprove:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
front end all painted. still need flatting and one more layer but almost there :D
36949_412908168483_505458483_4304071_6784297_n.jpg

the hole gets some more attention
37011_412908378483_505458483_4304074_4354704_n.jpg

and started grinding it back :)

20869_412908488483_505458483_4304076_1531378_n.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
new brakes ... hopefully a little more effective than standard ones
SDC11197.jpg

all coming together now.. hard trying to remeber in what order i took things appart tho haha
SDC11195.jpg

SDC11194.jpg

SDC11184.jpg

and dinner at the workshop nom nom
SDC11180.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yup :) apart from take the engine out because i didnt know where to start n that wee bit of welding

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
had to put it back on it wheels to move it forward... looks ace

IMG_6635.jpg

but then back to peices

IMG_6638.jpg

inside primered

IMG_6641.jpg

that counts as interior rite?? lol

IMG_6658.jpg

been utterly beaten with the rear suspension, its the original stuff n these bolts havnt been undone in 29 years!! started on sat but they went budging so leaft them soacking over night...
the OS seemed to have freed up... WRONG

IMG_6640.jpg

eventually got that side out but the NS one has me beat, it just wont do anything... not even sheer lol

IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6642.jpg

so left it soacking yet again!

although in the process i managed to slip n hit my arm on the inside of the rear arch... there are 3 screws sticking out ... each one left a nice mark on me lol

arm.gif

brake calipers and disks etc on... took me a while to get the 1st one on doesnt help that the brake pads needed modifying to fit! each one was a slightly different shape lol

IMG_6656.jpg

n the new sill slowly looking more like it should :D

IMG_6648.jpg

and the most important bit!

IMG_6643.jpg

Lionel Richie
sort that sill out! you can't leave it looking like that!!!

just grind the head off that bolt, or get the rattle gun on it

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the bolts stuck all the way through, its like welded its self in lol, ill sort it in the week when the penatraiting sp* fluid has done its work

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
sort that sill out! you can't leave it looking like that!!!

just grind the head off that bolt, or get the rattle gun on it

lol dont worry the sill isnt staying like that nooooo. still work in progress, will look oem when its done... just ran out of energy lol

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Can you not just drill the bolt out? Even if you just kinda hollow it out then it will be easy to shear it off and then hammer what's left out! Also rather than using a jack, get a long bar, personally I think its a lot safer!

I am loving this build, just wish you would hurry up a bit. I'm very impatient.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just stick heat on it! it will come out easy then... stop being such a girl!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WTF is that?? I've used bigger tools to remove a radio!

Get a proper ratchet and a scaffold bar on it.

IMG_6637.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL! thats the second time this week i have heard someone from bristol say something similar lol!