ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
wiring isnt connected yet lol, still got the carbs to go on etc but its in Woop!! rest goes on tonight :D

winston , got the 5 speed out of the polo, got a 4 speed as a spare just incase lol , then its ready to go get finished next tuesday :D. decided not to go for a cage but buckets with a retro feel and harnesses.. so rear seats wont really be usable but still there :D

Thank god!

Engine looks brilliant, really brilliant. Black leather seats? Or brown or something?

At least this way the harnesses can come out and belts can go in if you want to sell or just make it more useable.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
black, the rear bench is black and white (orginal and immaculite sp*) so black with maybe some of that material if i can find some old seats to cut up... not distroying mine they are too goo!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I did wonder why the mount wasn't on... I think i need to find me a 5 speed

Will it be on your drive for crimbo is the question?

the mount needs to be fabricated for the GT box, well cut the golf one and polo ones in half n weld them together lol. i very very much doubt it BUT it could be theoretically be running tonight :D
tho needs some work with fuel lines etc!

for christmas no.. :(
mostly because i wont be able to collect it before then..
and its being done as a favour down there so maybe a little slower :D

Black Clio GT
looking good and looking forward to seeing its shiny painted face next summer :)
if the standard seats are mint, just use them and paint the wheels white so they tie in??!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
148135_463251153483_505458483_5352815_3303395_n.jpg

another quick snap last night, no more done on it as i was there on my own and didnt really know what to do... so i just tidied the workshop up

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
The yellow always looks so bright in the pics, its not so in real life!

argh just remebered i need to reattach the bonnet

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
everything has been cleaned stripped and painted ... and then covered in dust from the workshop. just needs a good wipe over but no point till its all in... so much dust in that place seriously dont know where it comes from!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
SDC10870.jpg

this is what it all looked like before ... yuckkk

wheels.. i have a set of e30 bbs for now... need to save for some BBS RS really
interior, standard rear bench, then im feeling pole positions with the matrerial that matches the rear bench as the middle. i think pole positions can look pretty retro if done right :D well i hope anyway .

got the porsche clocks and guages to go it too when i work out how :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
centres maybe :p

not full wheels

wheels will be a while off gotta pay a s**t load out on it before then :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
all packed up and ready to go
154535_467209133483_505458483_5401940_4988384_n.jpg

250 motorway miles and its looking a wee bit sorry for its self
148379_467209833483_505458483_5401949_5013701_n.jpg

new home :)
76863_467209678483_505458483_5401946_5963810_n.jpg

blugh m40 closed :(
148322_467210348483_505458483_5401968_7099064_n.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its now in kent - to have the engine finished and set up and the body painted. few other tricks im planning that i couldnt do myself :D

its in its final stages now wooop

Clio 1.2/Lotus Metro
Love it looks great, I love the mk1 always wanted one, hoping to get my workshop sorted so i can get on with my projects.

Always satisfying when you do it yourself :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
currently making a list of the bits i need to buy and the bits i need to find in my work shop that id forgotten about haha

ValverInBits
polo gt 1.3
bike carbs
4 branch manifold
fast road clutch,
few other goodies :D

I have a mate who ran that with bike ITBs in his MK3 polo on mega squirt. Sounded awesome. Is currently fitting a GT25 to his G40 engine to beat his 12.5 1/4.
Love the progress so far. You must be chuffed with it.