ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Revels Mum & Sister
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

I have decided to sell my HTC Desire and come to the dark side on Launch! Will go mint with the iPad I bought last week.

LY 182

I now have an overwhelming urge to buy an iMac, MBP, iPad as well as this when it comes out. Apple are annoying!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I have decided to sell my HTC Desire and come to the dark side on Launch! Will go mint with the iPad I bought last week.

I would, you won't regret it, and if you keep the iPhone mint, you wouldnt lose much if you wanted to sell anyways.

Tesla MP3 2021

I know no one really knows anything until the 15th but what do you "think" is going to happen re upgrades, if your on O2.

My original 3G contract ran out last year so I went onto the iPhone Simplicity Tariff.

How much do you think it will cost to upgrade, will you remain on your exsiting tariff and just go into a longer contract etc etc....

Thoughts???

E87 118d M Sport

I think most of thats been covered in here mate. You read through it all?

Tesla MP3 2021
LoL no, can't really be bothered to read all 19 pages, I'm
lazy.

What's been said?

Just wait 'til it's announced officially.

DB.

BMW 440i

Read and you will find out! lol

I think..

If you're on an 18month (possibly 24month too, but that's unlikely) and you've gone past a year, they'll let you upgrade as if you're a n00b. So you're still going to have to pay the phone charges etc and you'll commit to another 18month deal.

Audi S1

I think..

If you're on an 18month (possibly 24month too, but that's unlikely) and you've gone past a year, they'll let you upgrade as if you're a n00b. So you're still going to have to pay the phone charges etc and you'll commit to another 18month deal.

Would be awesome if they did do that.

I still think I'm going to go for PAYG though... ready for next year :)

RS Megane DCi 175

I took my 3G/18month out nearly 2years ago and never dropped to the simplicity tarif after the 18month as I knew the 4 wouldn't be far away.
So hopefully it'll be a straight forward upgrade for me!

E87 118d M Sport

I think..

Agree. To match the AT&T deal that was mentioned in the Keynote.
If you bought the 3GS on release day, you will definitely fall into this bracket (by a few days)

I think..

I hope thats true - I bought my 3gs on launch day - so it'll be 12months gone

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I now have an overwhelming urge to buy an iMac, MBP, iPad as well as this when it comes out. Apple are annoying!

Do it.

That's my current setup, I just need the iPhone4 to complete it.

Take out a loan. :eek:

I hope thats true - I bought my 3gs on launch day - so it'll be 12months gone

I can't see it being anything different. It's good in a way, but then will they do the same next year? It probably means they'll screw over all the people not getting iPhones, but it keeps them their customers and after the mass of moaning last year..

Do it.

You have an iPad now too?!

LY 182

Do it.

Rofl. I already have a loan. I'd planned to start paying off some big chunks of it later this month but have since developed a fascination with Apple.

My head say's just get a powerful Dell desktop / laptop and still pay a fair amount of the loan off. My heart says blow it all on an iMac and an iPad. Oh Mr Jobs you rascal. :eek:

Ad

MK2 FRS

I took my 3G/18month out nearly 2years ago and never dropped to the simplicity tarif after the 18month as I knew the 4 wouldn't be far away.
So hopefully it'll be a straight forward upgrade for me!

I have dropped to the simplicity trarrif back in January, I dont see upgrading being any different mate?:S

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Right, I'm a bit confused, although I may just be lacking in intelligence...

You're talking about letting people "upgrade" do you think this upgrade price will be less than the PAYG price?

If you do, then what'll happen to the remainder of your contract? i.e if you have 6 months left, will they tack onto to your new 18 months and make it a year, or will they be wiped clean?

If the price difference isn't significant, then its probably just worth going PAYG and using up the rest of your 6 months? No?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I'll have 7 months left, will I be denied? Or is the 6months something you've picked out of the air?? Maybe they'll allow me to pay off one month and then and there to upgrade?

I just wasn't sure whether it was going to be closer to the new contract price, or to the PAYG price thats all.

Ah well, whatever way I'll be getting me one.

EDIT: I've just read back and had a think and yes my previous post was retarded... lol!

Last edited:

I'll have 7 months left, will I be denied? Or is the 6months something you've picked out of the air??

I just wasn't sure whether it was going to be closer to the new contract price, or to the PAYG price thats all.

Ah well, whatever way I'll be getting me one.

You'll be denied.

It's an educated guess. But there's no promise they'll do it next year..

E87 118d M Sport

The keynote said that AT&T were going to allow you to be eligible for an upgrade if your contract expires in 2010.

Citroen DS3 DSport

In America so long as your contract ends before the end of the year then you will be eligible for a early upgrade, it may be the same here.

1.8 Civic EX

I know I said in the other thread I wasn't interested in getting the 4 but that was before I knew my contract runs out on the 14th of this month! lol

I'm assuming all those on the simplicity won't actually benefit from this o2 upgrade offer we are hearing about as tecnically they aren't actually on an iPhone contract anymore?

I know I won't as my contract is a non iPhone one, I just bought the 3G and dropped my sim in it.

Issue for me is my current tarrif is basically even better than the simplicity tarriffs now. (I've been with o2 so long and had several discounts/bolt on's applied for free etc when upgrading/threatening to leave in the past)

I very much doubt I'll be able to carry over these dicounts/bolt ons if I was to change to an actual iPhone tarrif for the 4 so will have to wait and see pricess/tarrif details before I go for it :(

AK

M240i
At a guess if they let you upgrade early they'll more than likely make you sign a 25 month contract..?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

You'll be denied.

It's an educated guess. But there's no promise they'll do it next year..

Oh man, I'll be pissed, even stamp my feet and everything, then buy one PAYG and give the staff the finger afterwards. :cool:

From what I'd read they aren't offering upgrades to people after 12 months of an 18 month contract and just dropping what's left of your contract

They are doing an early upgrade option
The phone will be around £80 on a new 18 month contract

If you're 12 months through a current 18month contract you can do an "early upgrade" which costs about £300 for the phone

That's what AT+T do in the US

Tangoed Works

ipad is a waste of space if you actually use your brain to think about the purchase.

Defo going for the iPhone 4 as my 3G has been an awesome introduction to Apple. The iMac 21.5" I have has also been awesome. If I could use a MBP for work, I would as the screens just make life so much easier.

Cant wait, be warned for those on 02 however, when I upgraded last time they tied me into a 2 year contract that allows you to upgrade after 12 months. This time when you sign up to a new contract, they will not let you upgrade after 12 months, you will have to wait for 2 years.

Tesla MP3 2021

Just spoken to O2 and a nice, helpful chap there said that if you are on a iPhone Simplicity tariff/contract then you will be in the same position as someone who is eligible to upgrade FOC. Obviously he didn't know anything about the new prices, tariffs etc etc but according to him being on a Simplicity has no relevance.

Sounds good to me :), just need the 15th to hurry up so we can get the prices and more details.

Not sure if anyone else has posted this link, CBA looking back.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/howtoupgrade.html

1.8 Civic EX

O2 said:
Here's the offer:

Instead of paying off your remaining contract in full, simply pay a one-off charge equal to £20 for each full month left on your contract. This reduced cost offer cannot be combined with any early upgrade eligibility you may have as part of O2 Priority List.

thats pretty crap tbh lol

Yeah, but this is CS. Got to make things easy for people..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I've been due an upgrade since April, but it's been worth the wait.

Next year I'll have to buy the new device on a PAYG basis.

Tesla MP3 2021

thats pretty crap tbh lol

Why is it.

Say you have 6 months left on your contract and you pay £35 per month normally.

You want the iPhone 4 early so normally that would cost you £210 to end your contract early. So from what I can see in this offer they would only charge you £20 per month.

Which would you pay...

£210 or £120...??

Status
Not open for further replies.