ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 182 cup'd
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

Its not the same as 3GPP video calling

Its using VOIP/Streaming video of a MUCH higher quality. Eats bandwidth.

Why bother introducing it then? Why not use what every other phone on the market uses. Sounds lazy, or is it Apple "doing it the right way" again.. yawn!!

I'm sure 3g unrestricter will get around it though asumming a jailbreak will be possible! :)

Yawn is quite accurate for you.

It's upto the networks to support it. Not Apple.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)

So glad I decided against upgrading 2 months ago to a 3GS and sticking with my god awful N96, the iPhone 4 looks mega!! White 32gb for me!!

fiesta 1.25

I just rang o2 for jke to see what priority iam while he was checking i started a convo about the iPhone.

him "ooohh the new 4GS"
me " yeh thats the one, if i can upgrade 23rd earliest would i be able to pre-order any earlier?"
him " no, theres no date set for pre-orders yet you just have to sign up on the 15th to get information"

Serious.

Clio 182 cup'd

Yawn is quite accurate for you.

It's upto the networks to support it. Not Apple.

Resorting to personal insults again because I make a point that doesn't quite fit with the fanboys?

Don't get me wrong, I like the new phone and will more than likely be buying one on the launch day, however I'm not stupid, FaceTime is a load of crap!

If what you say about it being up to the networks to catch up, then why not make it 4G? Because that would be a waste of money right...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

You're contradicting yourself massively there lol

It'll be £90 on a £45 a month tariff

Sooo... sell yours for lets say £300 - and pay off 6 months remaining on contract
Then pay £90 for phone and 18x45 for contract = £900
OR add £200 to the £300 you have and buy on pay as you go + 6x45 for remainder of contract = £470 - and then after that you can chuck £10 a month on in top ups and save yourself a load of dosh

Also then when iPhone 5 comes out in 12 months - your not stuck in an 18 month contract again LOL

I suppose it depends if people use loads of texts and minutes - if so contract is the way forward.
But I just use mine for data and you get unlimited free data on pay as you go now too

Thats why I could never go PAYG, I hate the idea of worrying about credit etc, and I muller texts mainly.

Renaultsport Clio 182

there doesn't seem to be that much difference between the 4GS and 3GS really?

HD Video is a nice touch but i can live without that

Video calling is only available of wi-fi for starters - pointless is an understatement on that one!

5mp camera is a nice upgrade but only an LED flash i mean come on - the sony cybershot camera phones have been rocking xenon flash's for donkeys yrs now so surely apple could have done a bit better on that front.

multitasking - my 3GS does this
Folders - my 3GS does this

dont get me wrong it looks very nice and all that but i cant really justify upgrading to a 4GS from what i currently have on my 3GS for a few little tweaks (half of which my 3GS does just fine)

i think i was expecting a bit too much maybe but i'm slightly disappointed to be honest....

Resorting to personal insults again because I make a point that doesn't quite fit with the fanboys?

Don't get me wrong, I like the new phone and will more than likely be buying one on the launch day, however I'm not stupid, FaceTime is a load of crap!

If what you say about it being up to the networks to catch up, then why not make it 4G? Because that would be a waste of money right...

You have to have something to criticise.

I'm not sure how 'yawn' is a personal insult, although if you're so sensitive you might want to rethink labelling everyone 'fanboys'

4G is years away in this country.

Video calling is only available of wi-fi for starters - pointless is an understatement on that one!

5mp camera is a nice upgrade but only an LED flash i mean come on - the sony cybershot camera phones have been rocking xenon flash's for donkeys yrs now so surely apple could have done a bit better on that front.

dont get me wrong it looks very nice and all that but i cant really justify upgrading to a 4GS from what i currently have on my 3GS for a few little tweaks (half of which my 3GS does just fine)

i think i was expecting a bit too much maybe but i'm slightly disappointed to be honest....

For a start, it's not a 4GS. It's a 4.

It's miles miles miles better than a 3GS.

Mk4 .:R32

will the 3GS come down much in price? looking to buy one next week

Clio 182 cup'd

You have to have something to criticise.

I'm not sure how 'yawn' is a personal insult, although if you're so sensitive you might want to rethink labelling everyone 'fanboys'

4G is years away in this country.

If I can see through something I will critacise it, and why not. Is this not a forum made up of IMO's anyway? If everyone had the same opinion it would be a boring place.

I tell you what, try not to compare me to a yawn, and I will try not to compare you to a fanboy? deal?

Renaultsport Clio 182

For a start, it's not a 4GS. It's a 4.

It's miles miles miles better than a 3GS.

for a start there's no need to be pedantic - i was just being lazy as 4GS is quicker to type that "iPhone4" to give it it's proper title.

i'm sure it is better in many ways (faster processor, better screen etc) but it's not a million miles apart from a 3GS really

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Why bother introducing it then? Why not use what every other phone on the market uses. Sounds lazy, or is it Apple "doing it the right way" again.. yawn!!

I'm sure 3g unrestricter will get around it though asumming a jailbreak will be possible! :)

Apple is making the video calling an open standard, anybody else is free to implement it. Video calls are crap over the phone network because of it's inherent limitations, apple have just avoided a substandard implementation by creating something up to date.

for a start there's no need to be pedantic - i was just being lazy as 4GS is quicker to type that "iPhone4" to give it it's proper title.

i'm sure it is better in many ways (faster processor, better screen etc) but it's not a million miles apart from a 3GS really

Just type 4 then? Typing R is quicker than typing Revels, doesn't mean you should do it..

Yeah, it is a million times apart. The gap from the 3G to 3GS wasn't that big. This is much bigger. It's a better phone in every aspect.

fiesta 1.25

shoot me now

DB.

BMW 440i

I think the 3GS with the new OS update will be quite similar to the new iPhone4 tbh. (Other than Video calling which im not overfussed about)

I won't be desperate for the iPhone 4, although it would be nice. Ill get what ever updated version comes out next summer.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

For me:

Camera, awesome, xenon flash would have been nice, but then it couldn't be used as a light could it?? (Never owned a phone with xenon flash so don't know if it can be kept on constantly)

Video calling thing, its a nice novelty, not much use to me but I imagin it could be a good laugh with the mrs if she gets one too... :eek:

The new quality screen, should be amazing, being able to play HD video, class.

Recording in HD? Extremely nice touch, but I'll wait on seeing how fast etc it is until I really comment.

Battery, hopefully being bigger it will last longer.

Faster processer :)

Should be a quality piece of kit.

I think the 3GS with the new OS update will be quite similar to the new iPhone4 tbh. (Other than Video calling which im not overfussed about)

I won't be desperate for the iPhone 4, although it would be nice. Ill get what ever updated version comes out next summer.

Quite similar. Without the screen/processor which are the biggest upgrades.

How some of you manage to dress yourselves amazes me.

DB.

BMW 440i

Quite similar. Without the screen/processor which are the biggest upgrades.

How some of you manage to dress yourselves amazes me.

Ahhh, forgot that as well. The new Retina display looks pretty cool to.

And obviously the shape of the iPhone itself!

Clio 182 cup'd

I think the look of the 3G/3GS has had its day. The 4 looks alot fresher when pictured together

The processor is the biggest thing for me. The 3GS isn't slow but after using an iPad for an hour or so and going back to my iPhone it was frustrating.

That A4 chip is ace.

DB.

BMW 440i

Except for in looks IMO.

Does it have a dedicated camera button like it was rumoured too? Haven't see that yet...

Doesn't look like it.

DB.

BMW 440i

The processor is the biggest thing for me. The 3GS isn't slow but after using an iPad for an hour or so and going back to my iPhone it was frustrating.

That A4 chip is ace.

Faster than the difference between a 3G and 3GS? (Which is quite noticeable IMO.)

Renaultsport Clio 182

shoot me now

care to elaborate on that? if i've posted something that's incorrect or you don't agree with then please voice your opinion as i'm interested in what other people's views are - that's the point of a forum fella ;)

DB.

BMW 440i

Yeah, the lack of camera button (Other than on screen can be annoying)

Especially when i was trying to take a pic of my Morph Suit to send to a mate in the Marines! lol! Managed to get it to work in the end.

I had my dad's old 3G next to my 3GS and did things on them at the same time and the difference was huge

fiesta 1.25

care to elaborate on that? if i've posted something that's incorrect or you don't agree with then please voice your opinion as i'm interested in what other people's views are - that's the point of a forum fella ;)

I don't think i need to explain which bit was incorrect.

I can't wait my 3G is sooooo slow, its going to be such a difference.

It must do everything instantly then, as apart from web pages the 3GS doesn't ever lag.

Awesome if the 4 is that much better again.

The iPad is properly rapid.

Obviously I've not used a iPhone4 yet, but I'm expecting the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.