ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

They confirm that a PAYG handset will be available so that is good news.

I just spoke to o2 to cancel my contract and apparently I'm out of contract and eligible for an upgrade.

The retentions department said I could have the new iPhone delivered to me on release day, but obviously would have to sign up to another 18 months. I told him to shut that b**ch down and I'll just buy it on payg and use my orange simplicity sim in it instead as I ain't signing up to another contract.

contracts are for the poor, a bit like finance. I'll pay full price for the phone and not be tied into anything thank you. he then started trying to offer me this and that so I would stay so I told him I'm off to oz in august and we had a good old chat about his brother who's over there. o2 contract now cancelled.

he did say that there are so many muppets phoning up about the new iPhone asking about what the upgrade deal will be, and said everyone in the call centres is getting fed up with people that can't just read the website and wait. even people just asking if they'd be eligible for it. but from the amount of people on this forum that are saying they've been phoning I can imagine what they're going through. muppets.

Tesla MP3 2021

Yeah but their website doesn't mention anything about Simplicity, thats why I phoned up ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yeah but their website doesn't mention anything about Simplicity, thats why I phoned up ;)

Simplicity is like any other contract, the only difference is it is only a 30 day contract which means you are free to cancel or upgrade at any time.

mines now down to £360! instead on £855 hmmmmm tempted!

Surely you might as well just buy it payg and use your remaining contract?

It's not a very good deal. £20 a month for every month left. Why don't you just drop it to their lowest tariff which is £15 a month, that would be even cheaper. Thats what I did when I stopped using my O2 contract, dropped from £45 to £15 a month.

Mini Cooper S

What happens if you lose your PAG phone, can you take insurance out?

Tesla MP3 2021

Simplicity is like any other contract, the only difference is it is only a 30 day contract which means you are free to cancel or upgrade at any time.

Indeed, I just wanted to hear it from someone at O2 lol

Mondeo STTDCI

The key part people are missing is that if you take up the early upgrade deal, there is NO change of mind period AND more importantly you go onto a new tariff.

Could be interesting to see what the new tariffs hold.

I can't get on o2 site at work (it's blocked - EPIC LOL)

Is the early upgrade offer that you just pay £20 per remaining month - so £120 to finish a 6 month contract early?

If so I'm f**king over the moon!!

Get an early upgrade for £120, sell my 3gs for £300 - cash in the pocket

Clio 182 cup'd

You'll still have to pay for the new phone aswell though. Probably £100 - £150 on contract, but yes it does make it easier

I can't get on o2 site at work (it's blocked - EPIC LOL)

Is the early upgrade offer that you just pay £20 per remaining month - so £120 to finish a 6 month contract early?

If so I'm f**king over the moon!!

Yes.

However, who knows what the new phone cost will be, and what tarrifs they'll offer.

The key part people are missing is that if you take up the early upgrade deal, there is NO change of mind period AND more importantly you go onto a new tariff.

Could be interesting to see what the new tariffs hold.

Yeah, that bit is dodgy. Especially as they didn't give out loads of discounts/freebies on iPhone tariffs, so it's not like they're just trying to cut those down.

I don't see what they're waiting for. They'd save themselves loads of hassle/calls if they just released the details. They obviously know. Unless they're all waiting to see what network goes first..

Mondeo STTDCI

Yeah, that bit is dodgy. Especially as they didn't give out loads of discounts/freebies on iPhone tariffs, so it's not like they're just trying to cut those down.

I don't see what they're waiting for. They'd save themselves loads of hassle/calls if they just released the details. They obviously know. Unless they're all waiting to see what network goes first..

I'm on the £45.00 tariff. I'm not sure what I get in terms of minutes but unlimited internet and texts IIRC.

I'll accept the same tarriff or VERY similar but am wary.

I am hoping that there will be more competition between networks this time around. I dont HAVE to have it on release date though for once I'd like to. But if it means I get a better deal waiting for six weeks then I'll do that.

E87 118d M Sport

PAYG handset for me then if its £20 per month to pay off remaining tarriff

Muaaahahahahaha

£100 early contract cancellation fee + £60 for the iPhone 4 16gb on the same tariff I'm on now = £160
My 3GS is worth £260-300

So I can upgrade on launch day and be £100 in profit

f**king AWESOME

I could snog O2 and Apple

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

revels what was that site u posted that u can compare your trade in prices for recycling? o2 will give me £228 for my 3GS just wanna see if i can find better.

Tesla MP3 2021

Depending on the new tariffs I can see my self getting this in PAYG and just keeping my Simplicity contract going.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Earth mobile seem to get poor reviews. I might just stick to O2 recycle for the hassle. Does anyone know if you can do the O2 recycle thing instore?

Tesla MP3 2021

Think I will be sending my 3GS to O2.

1.8 Civic EX

Why is it.

Say you have 6 months left on your contract and you pay £35 per month normally.

You want the iPhone 4 early so normally that would cost you £210 to end your contract early. So from what I can see in this offer they would only charge you £20 per month.

Which would you pay...

£210 or £120...??

because my current contract is £20 a month lol doesn't matter to me anyway as said mine is up on the 14th...

Tesla MP3 2021

Tut, well why didn't you say!

Mk2 Golf GTI

Orange say you can add an iPhone to your existing account and only pay the one bill still. Does anybody know how that works? Would it be the same cost as the PAYG model?

http://shop.orange.co.uk/iphone/iphone-with-orange (bottom left)

It might not even be available on the new model but i'd be surprised.

Muaaahahahahaha

£100 early contract cancellation fee + £60 for the iPhone 4 16gb on the same tariff I'm on now = £160
My 3GS is worth £260-300

f**kING AWESOME

But they've not released the iPhone4 prices, or the 'new' tarrifs, so could be a lot more for the iPhone, or a lot more per month for the contract.

Personally, can't see O2 being this nice without a hidden clause.

Last edited:

Lou

Think I'll just buy PAYG again. Will stick with my 30day simplicity for iPhone tariff as suits me perfectly!

Mondeo STTDCI

Muaaahahahahaha

My 3GS is worth £260-300

f**kING AWESOME

Is it the same tarriff?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Payg for me, new tariffs are rubbish, half the minutes for the same price and no inclusive mms or international text anymore.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Think I will be getting rid of my 3gs and upgrading. £240 for me to buy out of the contract so will see what the PAYG prices are before deciding which route to take

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

Just upgrading my 3G to iOS4 now :)

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

Dunno my mate gave it me on a USB stick @ work today

Status
Not open for further replies.