ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Great result well done!

Which part of the gearbox mount did you break the "stud" type part as I did the same going over the crest of "the Mountain" at Cadwell park..

Also which mount was it as I have some Vibratechnics ones to fit but not so sure now..

BMW Z4
Video looks great! so much to watch :) shame the track gps thing in the bottom left is abit out.

also that clio right at the start, what was he playing at!

Yeh I have raised an issue with the track map to support. Just glad the video worked, now I can tweak it and make it better. As for the Clio I think he was on a roll after overtaking me and forgot the corner LOL. I was lucky to drive through it all without incident.

The engine mounts are vibrotechnics and it was the hanging gearbox one that snapped the bolt that goes through it.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ah like I said the same thing I managed to do, but mine was on standard 120k+ mounts all round..

I'm guessing you probably have but did you chang the bottom gearbox mount as mine was very worn and I think that certainly didn't help matters..

BMW Z4
The bottom one was old and has done 80k miles. I shall change them all now and add an extra dogbone and extra engine mount too for good measure.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Sounds like sensible option.

I noticed that Tony, limiter seemed ideal just touching it as you were getting onto th brakes..

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I keep thinking of raising mine as keep touching the limiter on "avon rise" but mine's no racecar!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
That's what I was planning on using tbh..

Also meant to ask but what is the 205 running? Holds it's own quite well in a straight line with you.. and certainly got some interesting braking balance!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yeah consistency beat him in the end!

I did watch the whole video as well, I'm jealous of your camera setup :eek:

BMW Z4
Yeah consistency beat him in the end!

I did watch the whole video as well, I'm jealous of your camera setup :eek:

Yeh a lof of people have said that. It will be better next time out too. Gonna move the forward camera next to the screen to help with its focus and make the image sharper, and also move the rear camera central too.

Got the box out now ready for the new box with gripper and shorter final drive. They will all get a shock at Cadwell :) Oh and to top it off I have a nail in my front tyre LOL. So lucky to finish. Ordered a recon rack and saxo power steering pump today with the reservoir built into it.

LOTS to do and ten weeks to do it all.

Some pics for you all...

My new third camera

SNV82309.jpg

Fitted a nice carbon sheet for the DL1 to sit on

SNV82310.jpg

Tony having a snooze

SNV82311.jpg

And again :)

SNV82312.jpg

Some of the brake dust off the 1155's
SNV82313.jpg

This fell out of the calipers
SNV82314.jpg

SNV82315.jpg

SNV82316.jpg

SNV82317.jpg

Having my arches rolled
SNV82318.jpg

SNV82319.jpg

SNV82320.jpg

Fred the man
SNV82321.jpg

SNV82322.jpg

SNV82326.jpg

SNV82328.jpg

My mate Darren who drives the S3
SNV82339.jpg

My first trophy
SNV82341.jpg

The fast Pug guys
SNV82342.jpg

Even mum put in an appearance
SNV82343.jpg

And Frieda Pinto my fiance
SNV82345.jpg

The Bubble and Kick team

SNV82346.jpg

SNV82348.jpg

SNV82351.jpg

SNV82353.jpg

My busted mount
SNV82354.jpg

And my pin falling out
SNV82357.jpg

205's
SNV82358.jpg

My little splitter
SNV82359.jpg

My new M3 mirrors
SNV82360.jpg

SNV82361.jpg

SNV82362.jpg

SNV82363.jpg

Nail :(
SNV82364.jpg

Snapped bolt
SNV82368.jpg

SNV82371.jpg

Mark

Last edited:
  Clio
Pics aren't working for me, your engaged to freida pinto?! as in the actress? or have i just made myself look like a bit of a dick lol

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
Some good pictures there, the trophy looks like quite a good size!

Have you moved house now? Looks like a different garage!

Why have you not got a sun strip too?

Used to have a set fitted to the Caterham and they wobble like mad and are too small for the clio IMO :( I need to sort out a mirror as my cage slightly blocks the vision
I'm gonna try 16's with 225's FTW
Good on you mate for trying something different :) Interested to see how you get on with the 16's

Great photo's from Silverstone and once again great result!

Lionel Richie
na not needed, the engine HAS to have some movement, you'll just break stuff (as you already have) if you try to reduce its movement too much, we snapped all sorts on the cup cars, but they were abused engines etc, the rods fell out the bottom end most of the time LOL

BMW Z4
Ok im toying with the idea of refitting the ABS system to see what the difference is in feel. Tony do you use ABS on yours? Does the ABS pump just take a live power feed? I guess it needs nothing from the ECU as it has its own computer in it yes?

Mark