ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

BMW Z4
I think its £50 for an additional driver but you can pay on the day. Be good if you have a quick blast to see what you think of the setup.

Clio172cup rally car
Powerflex = Rubber crap

Pure = Solid spheric bearings

Ye I had the same problem with the powerflex bushes. I've spoken to them and they are going to revise the design and are putting thicker sleeves in. They are sending me a set in a couple of days so will put the pictures up as soon as they arrive. Plus im getting them for free :)

BMW Z4
So I had a good day on Saturday in the garage and got loads done. The new wishbone bushes were a bit harder to fit than I thought so took a bit longer and then i got the wrong orange paint but I'm sure no one will notice ha ha.

How do i fit these as they are 102mm but look way too large to me.

SNV82300.jpg

SNV82301.jpg

SNV82302.jpg

SNV82303.jpg

Some softer Mintex brake pads

SNV82306.jpg

My nice new solid wishbone bearings and stiffening plates and new Renault drive shafts both sides.

SNV82291.jpg

SNV82293.jpg

SNV82294.jpg

I wanted to lower my steering column so added some spacers but then had to make up a new dash panel to lower the dash doh

SNV82295.jpg

Fitted some nice carbon door handles and also some rubber trim to stop my side windows rattling

SNV82298.jpg

Finally how do I fit these pop it vents?

SNV82304.jpg

SNV82305.jpg

I have ordered a new windscreen as custom cages ruined mine with welding spatter the fools. The heated screens are out of stock at the moment. £450 thanks for the sake of a piece of cardboard thanks for that!! Also got my new 205/50/15 Direzzas coming this week.

Mark

So I had a good day on Saturday in the garage and got loads done. The new wishbone bushes were a bit harder to fit than I thought so took a bit longer and then i got the wrong orange paint but I'm sure no one will notice ha ha.

How do i fit these as they are 102mm but look way too large to me.

Mark

You need the 76 mm ones, did the same thing got 102 then reduced the size..76 fit the hole fine

and the pop out vents...squeeze the open ends towards each other and just ease it into the opening...it's really flexible...

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Some nice work there.
I'm still debating what to do regards wihsbone mounts, I bought the powerflex ones ages ago, they're in but the sleeves haven't been welded so not commited to anything, might enquire about the revised ones.

Whats the delivery date on the heated windscreens?

BMW Z4
4 to 6 weeks on the heated screens so for the time being ive gone with a normal one as I want better vision for Silverstone.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Not too bad, I was looking at ordering one soon so hopefully be back in stock by time I get round to it.

Still piss poor that they've wrecked your current one, did you not try and take up the matter with them?

Oil Burner
Trouble is I only noticed on a sunny day at Brands and by then it was way too late.

Is it really worth it?

Certainly with all the TOCA supports, the screens are absolutely covered with stone chips and cracks by the end of a race weekend. I would of thought you may as well leave the current one in until it gets damaged and then just replace it with the heated version. Maybe Tony/burpspeed guys can advise differently.

Car is looking superb as always.

182cup & 172 racecar
We have a standard screen, already got a crack in it from gravel being thrown up. £125 job done. Stuff paying £450 a time for one.

The car's coming on well Mark :)

Where are you getting the screen from? I used heated windscreen.com (or something like that) and i'm sure I paid £205, Might be worth checking out if it will save you a few quid :)

BMW Z4
Hi Ash

Yeh rang them and they are out of stock for 4 to 6 weeks. Ive paid for the new one now and booked it in for Saturday not sure they will let me cancel and give me a refund. Autoglass.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
some good work there, PITA about the air feeds, i actually need to purchase some larger ones as mine are too small for the fog holes in the phase 1 bumper, where did you get these ones?

good shout on the windscreen, i am also looking at a heated version from heatedwindscreens.com, top bloke and usually gets big orders in, just have to wait some time

BMW Z4
Great to meet you today Tony, really enjoyed your company. It was a good day even though I still have video gremlins dohhh

I don't run their camera system Jack just got the dash, data logger and video sync but it's pretty useless at the moment the only bit working properly is the dash and very basic data! Nearly bought a two camera system a few weeks ago and glad I didn't!

Pretty sure Mark run's the two camera system but I'm sure he will be along to clarify :)

It would be awesome if it worked as it should but just seems like so much effort to get working! I'm hoping to get it all working next week when I have some time to play and test the car :)

BMW Z4
I run

Dash2
DL1
Video 4

I originally ordered the 2 camera license and then upgraded to the widescreen 4 camera license. My issues are

1. Intermittent recording at double speed. Tried everything and cannot find the trigger for this.

2. Main high res camera looks very grainy and low res with sort of heat waves on it

3. The small monitor I bought to focus the cameras does not work. Ask Tony how frustrating it was to do it by recording and then playback adjust method LOL!!!!!!!

The car works perfectly and I spent all day with Tony trying to get the camera system working (even missed lunch). I guess I would rather have it this way than the the other way around though :) car is more important than video but it pains me I have spent 3k and it does not work.

I will upgrade to Motec and sell this lot when they fix it for me.