ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

BMW Z4
Well what a fickle world we live in. Apparently it was an Aprils fools joke and there is no contract in Dubai. Back to racing then :)

BMW Z4
I can imagine many things but not quite selling my beloved :) Not just yet anyways, of course one day it will go when I change to do something else but that day is a long way off yet.

182 track, Mk7 ST
Saw your car on a trailer going the opposite way to me on the way home from work this afternoon...LOOKS f**king AWESOME!!! I had to take a double glance as thought I recognise that and then realised it was yours haha :)

Guessing it was spending a bit of TLC time at Bubble & Kick's place? (I work just down the road in Laindon lol)

PH1 172 (Track Car)
Well what a fickle world we live in. Apparently it was an Aprils fools joke and there is no contract in Dubai. Back to racing then :)

Ha - I must admit, I did wonder! Good news, as I've been enjoying the thread - don't want it to end just yet :)

BMW Z4
I just remembered I have not posted any pics of race day at all LOL. OK here are some plus some others after my investigation in my garage this weekend into my off at Clearways and then being dragged out the gravel sideways.

SNV82220.jpg

SNV82221.jpg

SNV82222.jpg

SNV82223.jpg

SNV82224.jpg

SNV82225.jpg

SNV82226.jpg

SNV82227.jpg

SNV82228.jpg

SNV82230.jpg

SNV82231.jpg

SNV82232.jpg

SNV82233.jpg

SNV82234.jpg

SNV82235.JPG

SNV82236.jpg

My damned ballast!!!

SNV82237.jpg

SNV82238.jpg

SNV82241.jpg

SNV82242.jpg

SNV82243.jpg

SNV82244.jpg

SNV82245.jpg

SNV82246.jpg

SNV82247.jpg

SNV82248.jpg

SNV82249.jpg

SNV82250.jpg

SNV82252.jpg

SNV82253.jpg

SNV82254.jpg

SNV82255.jpg

Assorted supporters

SNV82256.jpg

SNV82257.jpg

SNV82258.jpg

SNV82259.jpg

SNV82260.jpg

SNV82261.jpg

SNV82262.jpg

SNV82263.jpg

SNV82264.jpg

SNV82265.jpg

SNV82266.JPG

SNV82267.jpg

SNV82268.jpg

SNV82269.jpg

SNV82270.jpg

This is what you look like after a race :)

SNV82271.jpg

More to follow.

Mark

Last edited:
  BMW Z4
So my left front bearing was seized which I suppose contributed to my spin at Clearways but I'm guessing this didn't help either! Not sure if that happened before or after they dragged me from the gravel but my steering rack had also moved too.

Going to fit this carbon splitter to the front as it looks nice :)

SNV82272.jpg

SNV82273.jpg

SNV82274.JPG

SNV82275.JPG

SNV82276.JPG

This is my new lightened flywheel which is going in this weekend

SNV82277.JPG

SNV82278.JPG

SNV82279.JPG

SNV82280.JPG

Must move this tow strap so that does nto happen again

SNV82281.JPG

No wonder my steering was washy

SNV82282.JPG

SNV82283.JPG

Nice new front bearings, quite why I didn't do these when I rebuilt the car i dont know, just forgot

SNV82284.JPG

SNV82285.JPG

SNV82286.JPG

SNV82287.JPG

SNV82288.JPG

SNV82289.JPG

I noticed the clutch had grabbed in 3 places on the cover when I removed it, like burn marks but equally spaced. Cleaned it up. Is that normal? It's a Helix organic

Mark

TrackCar & F30 330d
Some cracking pictures mark!

If the wishbone and actual Lilly bush are ok just ring powerful ex and get another metal sleve! They gave me replacements for free.

The flywheel looks quality. You'll have to weigh it and the old one.

Thats a bit of a shame about the front bumper! Where do you think you'll move it to?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
some great pics and write up...

i take it they pulled you out the gravel sideways passenger side first, hence the damage?
ideally it needs to be in the middle?

The car looks great Mark (Pre spin) Looks like a nice setup that Bubble and kick have!

I got towed sideways the other day at Brands and luckily it hasn't damaged the bumper after seeing you photos though i'm going to cut the little upright from the left hand side of my tow point! This is where we mounted mine
306b036e.jpg

Whats the plan with the bumper cable ties or new bumper? Hope you get it sorted soon :)

M135i and the shed
Bubble & Kick, interesting.

How do you find them? Personally had my own issues with their standard of work so would be interesting to know if they've improved.............

BMW Z4
We all have our issues with companys that are supposed to know what they are doing ;)

For Race support they are totally great as you can see from their setup. Living in Switzerland I just have not the time to drag the car around and do all the unpacking etc so for that they are perfect for me.

As for work on the car I get them to do small things but as I am such an OCD perfectionist large jobs I do myself at home and they drop the car off. Why would I pay someone ££ to change my flywheel when i can do it myself is my motto. To be honest I am not overly happy about anyone but me working on the car for obvious reasons. They are never going to do it just how I like or want it. Only Chrispy is really allowed to work on it unsupervised ;) and I had to train him in OCD LOL :banghead:

I am going to get these

http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=167

Mmmm very nice too.

The carbon splitter will keep the bumper together nicely as its bolted on with 15 bolts and large washers along the bottom of it. It comes with self tappers as the fitting kit LOL. I shall move the tow strap to the left a bit so it does not foul anymore.

Yes Ash they dragged me totally sideways through the gravel and I am guessing that is what moved the rack and also knackered the wishbone too.

Mark.

PS
New bumper on order, this one has been glued and then bolted at the bottom with the splitter so quite ok now.

For Race support they are totally great as you can see from their setup. Living in Switzerland I just have not the time to drag the car around and do all the unpacking etc so for that they are perfect for me.

I am going to get these

http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=167

Mmmm very nice too.

The carbon splitter will keep the bumper together nicely as its bolted on with 15 bolts and large washers along the bottom of it. It comes with self tappers as the fitting kit LOL. I shall move the tow strap to the left a bit so it does not foul anymore.

Yes Ash they dragged me totally sideways through the gravel and I am guessing that is what moved the rack and also knackered the wishbone too.

Mark.

PS
New bumper on order, this one has been glued and then bolted at the bottom with the splitter so quite ok now.
They do sound like they fit your needs perfectly which is great :)

Sounds good with the wishbones, all the PMS stuff we have gone with seems great so i'm sure you'll be happy with them!

Lol about the splitter holding the bumper together for future... I like your thinking ;)

Ouch it's amazing how so much damage can be caused by the smallest of details! Glad your all sorted, I was hoping to come along and watch at Silverstone but something has cropped up so I will look forward to seeing the next report!

BMW Z4
When they dragged the car sideways I literally heard the subframe go crack as it moved on its mounting bolts so I am not surprised the rack moved and the also the wishbone too.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Those Powerflex bushings are pure shite, mine did the same thing at first. TIG welded them all the way around then they deformed badly. Now Im running the Puremotorsports kit, IMO nothing else will do on a race car.

Cheers

That's interesting to know about the powerflex bushes! I've got a set for my wishbones but I think I'll go with the pure Motorsport kit instead.

BMW Z4
Any ideas on removing the rubber bushes from the steering rack and making it a more solid fit? I am looking forwards to fitting the new bearings in the front. I already have them in the rear axle. Tony what is a good time round silverstone NAT please? What am I aiming at on my test day?

182cup & 172 racecar
Any ideas on removing the rubber bushes from the steering rack and making it a more solid fit? I am looking forwards to fitting the new bearings in the front. I already have them in the rear axle. Tony what is a good time round silverstone NAT please? What am I aiming at on my test day?