ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm not surprised he got nudged into the wall at Copse tbqh. Sounds a bit ambitious to me, but good luck with that one.

I'll be there anyway Mark.

I wouldn't worry about it Mark! He sounds optimistic only losing 1.5 secs from slicks to road tyres. Just looked on TSL and his quail lap last year was 3.7 seconds slower round brands than the clio cups on slicks ;)

BMW Z4
That means I have to come second then Tony :) But yes you're right. I am going to approach Silverstone differently to how I did Brands.

BMW Z4
After the front wheel bearing failed I have decided to replace both drive shafts with new Renault ones. The ones on the car have done 80k after all.

Clio 172
Blimey what a read. I have said this before but I envy you guys going racing, something that perhaps one day I'll be able to do. Love the build of this car it looks like a proper race car with the wrap on it. Good luck with the season and I hope you don't get to visit any more gravel traps and get your car buggered up.

Just out of interest PH1 race guys where do you mount your front tow strap? I have just bought one and was wondering if the mounting point from Renault is ok or will I end up with the front of my car buggeerd up if I park it in the kitty litter on a track day?

BMW Z4
If you put it where I put mine and they drag you out sideways then yes it will bust up your front bumper! I am moving mine to the left a bit into the lower grill area and then cutting out the grill.

Mark.

PS
Yes it is a bit of a read LOL

182cup & 172 racecar
Just out of interest PH1 race guys where do you mount your front tow strap? I have just bought one and was wondering if the mounting point from Renault is ok or will I end up with the front of my car buggeerd up if I park it in the kitty litter on a track day?

Ours is in the standard place, been pulled out twice now and no damage done.

Mark was unlucky with the way they did it.