ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

young sport drivers

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im 19 2 yrs ncb
clean license own policy etc
looking to go from my 1.2 so a 172 in a few months time,

basicly i was wondering what companys are best to try and get a quote from

cheers

Gonna be expensive, but try bell, admiral, elephant, adrian flux, quinn direct, cant think of any others, lol

K20 EG Hatch
20, with elephant.
I pay £2500 with 1 years no claims but that will be gone with the deer incident for renewal :(

Trophy 88/500
im 19 no ncb, 6 points for no insurance and no licence, drive a trophy and pay 2.3k and im only a named driver! i went through a local broker! i was going to be 4.5k in my own name. there are a few boys in my local area with 182s there is an 18yr old and he pays 1800 in his own name for a 182 with both cup packs!

K20 EG Hatch
thats against the law what your doing though isn't it! /\/\
i live in a pretty rough area too so that reflects on the 2.5k

Turbos.
Dan Page said:
thats against the law what your doing though isn't it! /\/\
i live in a pretty rough area too so that reflects on the 2.5k

So is not telling them about the deer...

Duty of Disclosure says you must inform the insurer of any changes (accidents, losses, claims, occupation, mods..).

I am with Directline at 21 and they were easily the best. Previously i was with Privilege (underwritten by Directline).

K20 EG Hatch
i did tell them about the deer lol, they did pay me out! They said my policy continues untill next year and when i renew it will probably go up because of claiming :(

But then again i will be 21 so this may help it and equal it out a bit? :s

Motorbikes
#i cant get anyless than £2200 on a 172 Cup. I'm 20, live in a fairl good area I think with 1 year NCB and 1 accident exactly a year ago on thursday. Thats with Adrian FLux I think, Bell wernt too far behind. Try Admiral, Bell and Elephant with their 10 months policy??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
im 22 3 points and one accident. for a 172 ist 1200 pa thats with elephant. If u get either ur mum or dad as a named driver on your policy with a clean history might drop it a bit it worked for me got me 150 off my premium. and the good thing is its not dodgy coz its your policy in your name all it is is that ur one of ur parents is a named driver. bonus

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm 18 and i pay £1600 fully comp but that only becuase i work for a company that spends £100k plus on insurance a year and the insurance broke is very keep to keep our buisiness.

Nike Lunar Elite's
I'm 22 with 1 year ncb, I haven't insured for a year yet (paid extra ontop of existing cover to swap from a 1.2 to 182) and am paying £239 for 4.5 months which works out to approx £640 a year. I got a few quotes for when I turn 23 and have an extra years ncb and was getting quotes as low as £300 from http://www.moneysupermarket.com.

Skoda Fabia VRS
My best quote was from Direct Line, I got it cheaper phoning them up than I did online.

(I was 26 the first time I insured it and it came to £1500)

I think insurance companies vary depending on what area you live in. So your best bet is to try everywhere you can! Insurers like TSB would insure me on a 172 because I am under 30!!!

I would think you will be lucky to get it for under £2500 though.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
im 21, have a 172 cup, no no claims, got insured fully comp with direct line for £940. if you play the companies off of each other they sometimes budge considerably. live in ayrshire btw

182 RB FF
21, 1 Year NCB, 3 points TS10 (failing to complay with traffic lights...more like bent copper) 182 full cup packs and i pay £1077 fully comp all in my name! Thats with Greenlight!

BMW 320d SE
25 (today :D), 8 years NCB, no accidents or points, fully comp with Adrian Flux - £535 (with ClioSport discount).
Although Greenlight were about the same.

Neil you gotta remember most young new drivers are now paying nearly £2000 on small engine cars! My insurance on my 1.6 is £800!

Monaco Blue Mk2
You're gonna struggle for much under 2.5k at 19. I ran a quote through on confused.com yesterday as if it was in a years time, so I was 19 with 2 years NCD. Was about 2.5k cheapest through Admiral. At 20 It was 1850. Adding mum brought the prices down to those mentioned above so it was dearer originally.

tbh guys I have been looking at getting hot hatches since I was 19, and the insurance isnt ever going to be near sensible untill your 21!

Clio 172 mk2
theduckeatspork said:
Neil you gotta remember most young new drivers are now paying nearly £2000 on small engine cars! My insurance on my 1.6 is £800!

It hasn't changed either since I started driving 13 yrs ago...used to cost me the same.

What bugs me is peoples desperation to get in these sports cars regardless of cost...i.e they'll buy brand new on tick and pay 1000s of insurance.....you have to ask yourself is it worth it?...the monthly repayments must be astronomical.

At the end of the day it's up to people to spend their money on what thay want...I just remember all the s**tboxes I had to drive before I could move up to anything remotely decent lol

As father and son....
taylor said:
best quote i can get is 2280and i cant justify that
you're doing the right thing, there are better things to spend your money on to be fair, i really enjoyed my smaller engined clio and only moved up the ladder because my insurance quotes were now reasonable enough to allow me access to the hot hatch range. take it easy and enjoy the car for a while longer, time flies and makes fools of us all and im sure u'd rather enjoy the RS when you can properly afford to rather than scrimp and scrape and compromise other areas of your life all for a car.

For reference im 23 with 0 NCB (expired whilst at uni) and pay £890 on a Civic Type-R via a broker, fully comp under my own name. oh and 0 points

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
24 yrs old, 7 yrs ncb. 3 points. £540 full comp with protection for 182 with broker.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i definetely wouldn't spend 2k plus on insurance. the max i reckon i would spend is £800. Maybe look at another type of car instead?

horses for courses mind :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i said i would spend upto 1700 as thats what i payed on my 205 when i 1st started to drive, i have got my heart set on a 172 but i guess ill just have to wait a year or so

Trophy 88/500
im offshore at the moment but once i get home ill find out who he is insured through, and im not doin anything illegal with my insurance, i now have a licence and have had for over 2 years, i got cought driving my friends car at 16 and got charged with having no licence and no insurance. my points come off 10 months! cant wait!

As father and son....
technically your insurance is fraudulent if you're a named driver but are in fact driving the car more than the primary policy recipient