ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

young sport drivers

im 20, 1 yeard ncb, insured in my own name, live in a good area, and have mum,dad,gf as named on the policy, and pay £1680 fc etc etc

just renewed, 21 3 years no claims mum and sister as named drivers 3points SP50 - 905quid with directline

T

Tom1D

well, im 17, have a 1.4 16v, and the cheapest i could get newhere was £1985 from Norwich Union, however i get 9 months instead of 12 plus wen i renew in about a months time my premium is £901 quid.

X224 OBP said:
well, im 17, have a 1.4 16v, and the cheapest i could get newhere was £1985 from Norwich Union, however i get 9 months instead of 12 plus wen i renew in about a months time my premium is £901 quid.

threads about renaultsports though?

Golf R/Leon FR
ive just got a quote from priviledge 23yrs 4 yrs ncb Teesside postcode on the ph-quick
no points or accidents £530

Clio 172 mk2
a was 19 when a got my 172

went with admiral 3 yrs no claims came out at 1100 one of payment
but with interest on paying it up came out at about 1400

car is off the road due to insurance

renewal quote of 900 when 20

or wait 2 months till am 21 and its only 540 with 4yrs no claim

that was with direct line

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I'm 21 with no NCB's - Paid £2k on a 182. This year (or when its due), i'll be 22, and have 1 year NCB - touch wood! It looks like its going to be around £1400, so not too bad.

Tyson.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Direct Line is definitely the way forward. Bought my 182 for my 21st birthday and pay £1050 fully comp with 0yr NCB and 0 accidents with them.

Gibson172 said:
a was 19 when a got my 172

went with admiral 3 yrs no claims came out at 1100 one of payment
but with interest on paying it up came out at about 1400

car is off the road due to insurance

renewal quote of 900 when 20

or wait 2 months till am 21 and its only 540 with 4yrs no claim

that was with direct line

19 with 3 years no claims.. how did you work that out? suprised their computer didnt flag it up.

you could only have a possible 2 years if you passed your test on/near your 17th bday?

Clio 172 mk2
done my pass plus and they insurance company gave me over 50% no claims

so after 2 and a bit years they ended up giving me 3 years no claims

wasn't going to argue with them and when a got the slip through and sent it to ma old insurance they were happy to accepte

3 of my mates were the same

original insurer was direct line

BMW 320d SE
^^^I had a similar thing happen with my insurance. I asked for my no claims certificate thingy after my first years insurance when I was 18, and the certificate came back with 2 years on it instead of one. The next insurance company never said anything about it! :D
The only downside was that online insurance forms won't accept it.

Fiesta ST/172
Jays172 said:
girls piss me off

didnt mean to :dapprove:

thats with direct line, but like ive read on here most people seem to be getting good quotes with direct line
tesco wanted £20 more, they were offering £20 of clubcard vouchers at the time, but i went with direct line cos i got reward points online.

wish i had taken insurance out now with tesco - £50 of petrol free :eek: