ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox 360 elite VS PS3??

Roadster Coupe
I want to buy a new console but not sure what to get. either a xbox 360 elite or a ps3. they both have more or less the same games and I've heard people say that it is hard to tell the difference in graphics between the 2. but which console is the best bet to buy? has anyone compared the two consoles using the same game to see if there is any difference?

172 cup
PS3 is piss poor at the moment, shite games and a total rip off still. Anyone who has one over a 360 is gettin bummed if you ask me

clio...
If you want a 360, what for the new premium. Its what I am doing.

However, PS3 should be pretty amazing when the right games come out.

57 Clio Campus Sport
PS3 is the better console but 360 has better games and any games that come out on both come out on xbox 2 weeks before and it has xbox live which is way etter than PS3 online. Depends whether you want a blue-ray player. If not get a 360

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you get the 360, make sure it has a HDMI port (whichever model it is) as these are the ones with the new and improved chip.

As far as the console war between Sony and MS goes...

There's 2 days until it really doesn't matter anymore:)

Roadster Coupe
well im not that bothered not waiting 4 the new premium, it wont b that much quiter and anyways when i play games i like the volume 2 b high so it drown out the xbox noise anyway. lol i aint bother about blue ray either. im quite happy watching normal dvds at the mo. think i might go 4 the elite.

Guessing u mean the 2 days is when Halo 3 is out. I've been thinking about also getting the halo console. its a premium with hdmi! but doesnt have optical audio like the elite does.

GW RS200
I have both, and I'd say that while the PS3 probably has greater potential given time, the overall user experience of the 360 is probably a better one right now.

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Guessing u mean the 2 days is when Halo 3 is out. I've been thinking about also getting the halo console. its a premium with hdmi! but doesnt have optical audio like the elite does.

The optical audio is on the AV lead, they all have it.

Ask the retailer, most GAME's will have HDMI on the premiums now, but they'll still have old stock too.

2012 WRX Waggon
i bought the ps3 just for the blu-ray player - cheaper than most dedicated players $499 plus you get a games system attached!!

I prefer the 360 for games though, but thats just a personal choice - i cant split them graphically, and the PS3 is going through HDMI.

172 mk2 Iceberg
HD seems to be winning this silly DVD war so id get the 360

also 360 games out now sooo much better than ps3

Depends what you want, one is a machine that is likely to break down but is cheaper and actually has a good list of titles. The other is a well built machine that currently has next to f**k all to play on it but you can browse the web and play blue ray discs on it etc. I think personally you're better off holding out if you plan to buy a PS3 as it's an expensive paperweight in gaming terms at the moment. If you do get an xbox360 you may as well resign yourself to the fact that you've probably got a 50/50 chance it will f**k up though.

Revels Mum & Sister
Who cares its warrantied? The newer ones come with the better Heatsink which will go some to help sort it out.

I only bought my PS3 as a cheap Blu ray spinner. I cant remember the last time I played a game on it, I rinse the 360 hard though

IMO 360 for the Win at the moment

Roadster Coupe
well from what you all said i 99% made my mind up and im gonna get an xbox 360 elite. but what are the graphics like compared between the xbox 360 and ps3, are they that much different?

SLK 350
can%20of%20worms.jpg

Personally I'm happy with my PS3, much more versatile and reliable than a 360. But depends on your milage.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's a mixed bag, Xbox's now have a 3 year warranty. Keep the receipt and you can take it back to the shop and exchange it there and then.

Mine is 2 years old and apart from the odd freeze up, it's been as good as gold (touch wood as Halo3 is tomorrow!!)

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
PS3s are much more reliable
Have a lot more potential
HD Ready (Come with HD Media Player)
Wi Fi

360- Been out almost 3/4 years and the hardware is still faulty
IMO it has reached its peak. The top/good looking games out/out soon (Halo, PGR4, Mass Effect ect).
Your charged extra for things that should be included from the start (wi-fi connection, decent sized hdd, rechargable battery pack, hd dvd player ect).

Its funny because those ppl that come out here and say that the ps3 is a rip off should do some calculations!

The reliable PS3 Costs £425 and includes - 60gb hdd (can easily be upgraded for a small price), 2 wireless pads , 1 or 2 games, Wi-Fi & High Definition dvd player

The not so reliable 360 costs £300 (i think) & includes - 120gb hdd (thats as high as you can get em) 1 pad, 1 head set......i think thats it.

Im sure if you were to add all the lil extras to that 360, the cost would be greater that the ps3!

360 can be got for slightly over 200 279 for elite with a game (id avoid the elite at all costs)

hd dvd drive £100 with 6 free films

SLK 350
Hate to put your nose out of joint McB, but for a start the drives are 110 quid from pretty much everywhere, not one of them included any free movies - that deal (5 movies) is US only.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd go for PS3, for the blueray drive and compatibility as an entertainment unit (you can hook up ipod and stream music etc). Games are better for xbox at the mo, but it's been out longer. Plus GT5 won't be out on xbox.

VaVa
All Xbox 360's can do 1080p can't they? Pretty sure mine can (My tv can't though lol) And you can plug you Ipod in, stream music, video, HD vidoe etc etc browse all the pictures etc on your PC using the Media Centre - The Xbox is excellent as a media centre.

If you just intend to use your console for gaming then get a 360. It's just simply a better gaming machine at this moment in time.

The cost for comparison is a moot point - The 360 is about on par with the PS3 when you add wireless and HD DVD.

The advanatge of this is that a lot of people aren't arsed by Wireless, big HDD's and HD DVD. It's nice to have the choice imho whereas the PS3 is an al or nothing affair. And spending £430 on a console is simply against my religion. lol

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
new elite has 1080p resolution mumbo jumbo which is the same as ps3

and once halo 3s out as said before.. who cares.

ive never played a halo game & tbh i dont really see this as a real console seller (Gears of War was a console seller. It brought a unique style and fun style of gameplay!!!). In terms of gameplay (im going by various clips/review ive read/seen) Halo doesnt really add anything new to the 1st person shooter genre (correct me if im wrong) whaereas, Call of Duty 4 Does!!

Mito Sportiva 135
PS3 on paper is a better console spec wise but 360 all the way for games - both at present and the next year or so at least.

Only Ps3 game that looks interesting to me at the moment is Haze. 360 has a dozen great games at least already and plenty more on the horizon. Plus Live is still where its at.

PS3 is good value, but remember you are paying a lot towards the Bluray player which still isn't a proven technology in terms of longevity or support so may die like the Minidisk did.

SLK 350
Guess that depends how much money you have :)

But seriously, I think it's an alright deal. Less the extra contoller, 2 games, you're looking at £310 for a BD capable media system.

Not wishing to start or get involved in some argument over it, but I think it's an alright price if you're in the market for one. Come November shops will start hustling for Xmas sales so I expect further savings to be had.

R

rich[182]

The growing trend in the format war now has large majority of analysts stating that BluRay will win as theres some major concerns over support & backing of HD-DVD, for those who don't want to pay a small fortune for a standalone BluRay player then the PS3 is a damn good price all things considered, and theres some quality big titles out in near future. The "crap titles" argument will be old hat soon

The Hoff - bet you never thought I'd say that !!