ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2012 -- June 11-15

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
It's a lot lighter compared to my old 15" MBP - feel's like a large Air imo.

Will be great for travelling.

Only problem I have now is that the Migration assistance reckons it'll take 15 hours to transfer all my files across - hmm!

Copy & paste FTW.

Why drag down a new system? Just copy your personal data over, then put your apps back on. Done.

Windows?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Yep that's what I done.

Windows works fine, I've not got the LAN adaptor so can't try that out but wireless works perfectly!

I'll order the adaptor later on in the week.

No. I'm still feeling sick about the lack of a 17", but I know I will crumble. It all hinges on the Windows experience.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I can't find out how to change the battery indicator to show time remaining, at the moment it's showing percentage. I've tried everywhere!

I realised this afternoon that I don't actually have to transfer my iTunes library as I have iTunes match - it's great.

Boot time is epic, around 5 seconds!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nope

Screen Shot 2012-06-23 at 23.20.23.png

Oh you're orange again.

EDIT: PIA? Do it once. Done? My Macs have never once forgotten my preference TBH. Even after wiping everything possible, with Onyx.

SQ5
Will iOS 6 be an update on the phone or a download through iTunes as its a new version?

I'd expect all through the phone as hopefully that would solve issues people had before taking a day to get it to fully download!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Will iOS 6 be an update on the phone or a download through iTunes as its a new version?

I'd expect all through the phone as hopefully that would solve issues people had before taking a day to get it to fully download!

Not too sure really... I'd imagine it would probably be an over-the-air update to maintain Apple's "PC-Free” feature they announced in iOS 5.

Either way, with every major software update, I do a clean DFU Restore and install anyway. :)

SQ5
Yes I know, all of mine are over the air, just wondered of with it being a big one it would be iTunes only.

Cheers

Revels Mum & Sister
I had a play with one on Sunday gone. Lovely the retina display is. But £1700 makes my ass clench too much.

£1200 for a 13" and I could stomach that, but even selling my year old MBP would make it £1100 ish for the retina display one. They were lightening quick though

Go cry to your momma!
Well, it arrived yesterday. THAT SCREEN!
Can't say that I was fussed about much else, the weight didn't bother me and I'm a little miffed at the price of the TB to RJ45 adapter.

e5bd0012.jpg

86c0b202.jpg

Bus w**ker
I was playing with the new MBP in Bullring yesterday. My god that screen is something else, but the fact the whole device is so thin and so faaaaast. So glad I'd left my credit card at home by mistake!

Go cry to your momma!
Sorry for raising temptation guys.

Just do it, it's an investment ;)

Coming from the dual core i5 2010 MBP with SSD I can say that's it's identical on "snappiness" but the CPU is a whole league ahead.
Nothing stresses it, XP and W7 VMs run so much better/faster.

Tesla MP3 2021
With today's release of iOS 6 Beta 3 to developers, Apple has revealed in the update's change log that it is beginning the first stages of transitioning users from the me.com email addresses and Apple IDs available under MobileMe to new addresses using icloud.com.icloud.com email addresses are now available for iCloud mail users. Users signing up for new Apple IDs, or enabling Mail on their iCloud account for the first time, will automatically receive an @icloud.com email address instead of a me.com email address. iCloud users with @me.com addresses that have been used with iOS 6 beta 3 will receive an @icloud.com email address that matches their @me.com address.
Apple discontinued MobileMe in favor of iCloud as of June 30, although MobileMe users are still able to transition their accounts to iCloud for a limited time.

MobileMe and its me.com addresses were themselves transitioned in 2008 from mac.com addresses available under Apple's previous iTools and .Mac services, with MobileMe users able to send and receive email from mac.com and me.com versions of their addresses using either account.