ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you spend £3000 on mods for your clio track car?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Ph1 interiors can be had for pennies, get yourself one, carpet, door cards, seats, the lot, and just bolt it back in.

The shell on my ph1 isn't the tidiest and the car has been in a crash. This always plays on my mind too.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
vmax coilovers
Might I suggest if you're going for more power, cage, seat's etc, you do the suspension right next time? Sorry if that sounds harsh, but for a track car that half arsed suspension. It genuinely staggers me that people will lavish money on power, and then skimp on the most important aspect of a car.

DCi 100
Might I suggest if you're going for more power, cage, seat's etc, you do the suspension right next time? Sorry if that sounds harsh, but for a track car that half arsed suspension. It genuinely staggers me that people will lavish money on power, and then skimp on the most important aspect of a car.

Flol, but what you say is completely true!

I'll remember what you say about the AC and other bits in acouple of years time :)

182cup & 172 racecar

I have never seen you talk so much sense all in one thread Warren,well done.;)

182cup & 172 racecar
People just get carried away with what they think they want,without actually knowing what they want,and then listen to to many people on here.It's easy to say "YEAH go do it,strip it to death"when its not your car and you do not have to live with it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Stripping the car won't (imo) make a difference to 99% of us.

I have just put the half of my rear interior i took out back in, took it out to fit wheels/jack/general crap in the back and couldn't be bothered putting it back in until the other day. Like a new car now, so refined and nice to be in.

From what I have done to mine, some people will think i'm mad/stupid but however I havent done what I have done to my car to be quicker than someone else on track/road. The feeling of driving something pretty mental/crazy still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive my car and if i'm enjoying myself then tbh sod everyone else. If you have the money/time/patience then go for it!

Discounted 1*2 parts
People just get carried away with what they think they want,without actually knowing what they want,and then listen to to many people on here.It's easy to say "YEAH go do it,strip it to death"when its not your car and you do not have to live with it.

agree'd :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd put money on a well driven standard Cup/182/whatever, will be as good if not better on track than 90% of CS 'stripped track cars' tbh. Only real thing that would need doing is uprated pads imo.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
I'd spend the money on brakes and suspension. No point going for more grunt if you cant stop properly or go round corners. I made this mistake when I 16v'd my 205, and it scared me. Was certainly fun though for a bit!

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
From what I have done to mine, some people will think i'm mad/stupid but however I havent done what I have done to my car to be quicker than someone else on track/road. The feeling of driving something pretty mental/crazy still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive my car and if i'm enjoying myself then tbh sod everyone else. If you have the money/time/patience then go for it!

Exactly this/ My 106 xsi just had Bilsteins, Rallye wheels and a homemade exhaust that popped and banged. Fitted ZX 16v brakes and had as much fun as in my 172. Owe'd me less than 1k and I thrashed the tits off it withour fear of it denting my wallet. Regret selling it.

182cup & 172 racecar
I'd put money on a well driven standard Cup/182/whatever, will be as good if not better on track than 90% of CS 'stripped track cars' tbh. Only real thing that would need doing is uprated pads imo.
I have said this on so many occasions that I am now board with it,but it is very true.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Yeah, get out there and do some driver training days, and some laps with experienced drivers. Also, I went to RWD for 8 months in an Eunos Roadster, and thats made me a much better, smoother driver.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Saw this coming a mile off lol ... & for once, im not the only person saying that people should learn to drive before stripping/suspension, etc. How refreshing ;)

If you need bits for a PH 172, ie interior & such like, might i suggest pm'ing budgie (or checking his for sale thread) as we broke his on Saturday. 90% of parts are still available.

Nippy white cup
My Cup is 90% track but I'm a CS pauper (sp) with 2 kids so money is tight. Stripped it with a few mods (std cams tho) and it is pretty quick on track but I have no illusions that I'm a race driver. Tony would paste most people on here in a standard car...but in a modded one the difference would be greater still.

I have Pagid blue pads with brembo discs seem to stop me pretty sharpish and Eibach springs not as flat as coilovers but still corners well. When I was using some worn A048 I got hold of it was brilliant at Oulton Park and I had a great few laps blast with JT driving an R26 Megane....I guess I'm more a 'some of the gear and some idea' lol

Last edited by a moderator: