ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst Modification?

ph2 172
I could never understand people spending hundreds of pounds on 'go faster' mods, then throw half a ton of hi-fi in.
Also hate to see the big 'MAX POWER' fibreglass bodykits. They never fit properly, are always cracked and looked naff anyway.
Has been mentioned earlier about driving around with front fogs (chav lights as i call em) on in day time. Not a mod, but not cool. Front fogs are pointless anyway.

PH2 Flamer
Worst mods ever, cutting standard springs down to lower the car. massive camber shims. Jap style number plates on a non jap car. Every single body kit available in the market. Lexus 'style' lights. Matt black body work.

And DVD players earthed so they can be watched whilst driving. Damn right stupid!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
looopdonnyprimacorsa1.jpg

I liked it

Clio Mk1 Ph1
I think a lot of people need to chill, there's a lot of anger on this forum :p

You have to take into account the drivers view of the car, I hate stretch tyres and bonnet bras but I don't burn with rate when I see it or go to great lengths to deface them.. To embrace any part of owning a car is to appreciate everything on the road, when you see mods you hate just take it as a reminder that your car looks smarter as you drive past ;)

And like fine wine I think your ideas of a 'good modification' matures with age...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I can understand some of the anger - Cosmetic mods are one thing and deffo down to personal taste but when you get a 17yr old wanting to bolt a C20LET into the front of a 1.2 Corsa without any consideration for updating other stuff it becomes dangerous... Some mods need doing right or need not doing at all.

So glad I'm not a performance product shilling "tuner" because I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

RS Clio 182
Well they do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder..Although you do seem to think that some people need a trip down to specsavers..
On the flip side iv seen projects as works in progress and thought bloody hell theres no way that will look good, but, when finished they look pretty sweet..I also think micKPMs comment about engine swaps but not upgrading suspension,brakes etc to suit is properly foolish..stuff like that needs to be done in one go so nobody is put at risk on the roads..inc the driver..

LY 182
I'm sure it's been mentioned.. But people with 4 door fiestas arranging "cruises" around shopping centres and similar.. That annoys me. Not knocking 4door fiesta ownership.. But covering it in stickers and halfords accessories does not make it a race car.. Surely they are embarrassed to be doing this????

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
that wouldnt be too bad if they didnt put that stupid glitter in the paint and fillered the cracks... and better wheels :p

My thoughts exactly.. if i was black or something, with proper wheels then it would look fine. shitty paint and wheels ruin it though!

OEM+ is the new body kit :)

meggy coupe
I dont post much on here, i prefer to just browse but.. Modification has always, and will always be about personalising something to your tastes. There is a LOT of "my opionion is better than yours" on this forum and tbh its why a hell of a lot of people don't post and just browse.

I don't like huge body kits etc, I will say I don't in public, but I think the lengths some people go to on here to "be right"through utter pig headed prejudice is massively sad...

Ps, Scott? Stfu, how much money and time did you sink into a 10yr old Megane? And you didn't even follow it through!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Ladies calm down or I will start dishing points out. No need for it in here have your romantic b**ch fits with each other through PM.

Listerine & Poledo
when i got my car their were alreddy stripes onit.

there not that bad, but no won likes them

BG 182
Apex springs. Shocking, firm, crashy, generally shite. Keep pulling over to check my dampers haven't fallen off! Lol

Inferno 182
I hate it when a friend of yours has really bad taste in cars and modifications, but you feel to bad to say their car is awful when they ask how it looks, so you just have to agree and say you like it feeling like a traitor to yourself!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It adds negative weight. Whack it on a few panels, fire the back seats down and you're unstoppable.

Clio 182
What's wrong with taking your back seats out? I have the bottom part out and the rest down and I havnt had to give anyone I dont like or really know a lift in months without feeling bad, I'd say that's justified

BG 182
What's wrong with taking your back seats out? I have the bottom part out and the rest down and I havnt had to give anyone I dont like or really know a lift in months without feeling bad, I'd say that's justified

I might take the front seat out so my girlfriend has to get the bus!

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
What is the point in cosmetically altering your car to look garish, especially when it is a 1.whatever! Save the cash and buy something with a bit more grunt!