ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wolfenstein - The New order

dk

911 GTS Cab
Out this month in a few weeks, anyone getting it?

looks pretty good, not sure it brings anything new to the table for fps, but not sure whether I need it with watchdogs coming out.

good news for the xbox one though, it's actually running 1080p and 60fps to match the ps4 this time.

My dad and I played Return To Castle Wolfenstein to death when I was younger. I really hope they manage to capture what those games were all about.

The trailer is quite tongue-in-cheek.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 + 350z
Just seen this thread and reminded me of my teen years playing wolfenstien enemy territory online, used to run a couple of servers on there for PC users. Did any of you play that?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen this thread and reminded me of my teen years playing wolfenstien enemy territory online, used to run a couple of servers on there for PC users. Did any of you play that?

Yep that and rtcw, played both for a fair amount of time. I was best man for a friend I met playing rtcw heh

Evo 5 RS
Doesn't look half bad TBH. I didn't really enjoy Ravens attempt at it (Wolfenstein). Hard to live up to the legend that is RTCW :D

Yaris Hybrid
From what I've seen it looks like average shooting mechanics but the story stuff looks wicked with some real messed up Nazi sh*t going on.

Bioshock Infinite was an average shooter but with a great story and I loved that so I am pretty much certain to buy Wolfenstein.

Never bothered with the original as I went straight to Doom but I enjoyed RTCW.

Arctic Blue 182
Mines arrived :)

As Toypop says im only getting it for the story really not expecting the game play stuff to be amaze balls.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah mine is pre-loading now.

Couldn't get the Doom 4 code to work but it did say that might not work yet.

Yaris Hybrid
Wow I'm absolutely loving this so far.

YET ANOTHER game that doesn't support SLI though, had it with Titanfall, TESO, Wildstar etc etc getting old now with this lack of support.

But aside from that it I am really enjoying it. The bit with the two Germans on the train with the photos was absolutely fantastic!

Arctic Blue 182
Yeah really good game. Playing it on Uber so dyeing quite a lot. Train bit was fun, so was the two massive robots and now i am stuck on escaping the prison as keep getting shot. Have a new plan to try tonight though as i am refusing to turn down the difficulty :)

Yaris Hybrid
No SLI support? That's 2/3 of my GPUs gone.

Yeah it runs maxed out on a single 780 though and I haven't seen it drop below 60fps once. Of course if you have a 1440p monitor or better or a 144hz monitor like I do then you can't get the best out of it.

I heard rumours that a new driver will be out soon that enables SLI but I read elsewhere on a forum that it will never work in this particular engine. So take your pick from those two options, I am not qualified to say either way.

Edit: Doh just saw you had 580's. In fairness one of those will run it at PS4 standard.

I have two GTX580 and to be honest if I hadn't read that it doesn't support SLI then I wouldn't have known. I'm running it maxed out at 1920x1080 and I'm very fussy about frame rates. Only once in a while does it dip to what I would imagine to be around 30fps. Most of the time it's 40/50/60. I'm sure I could knock some settings back and maintain 60fps.

It's not as system intensive as I'd been lead to believe.

More to the point, f**k specs and tech talk. The game is brilliant. Proper old school heavyweight shooter. Lots and lots of fun, and held together by a surprisingly decent story and very good voice acting. The audio and music is also top notch.

Don't think, just buy. Not to be missed.

Cool. Get it done. Give it a couple of hours of play though for it to get going. The first hour or so is not its strongest point. After that, you'll have a blast.

EDIT: Must admit, I'm thinking of buying a 780ti to bump me well over 60fps for the rest of the game and the inevitable replay :eek:

I reckon SLI is a dying technology among developers.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm long overdue an upgrade with regards to components, but have been boosting my server estate at home instead recently.

Yaris Hybrid
In fairness two of those bad boys ain't enough for a minimum 60fps on Ultra on a number of games, especially for the first few months after launch prior to all the driver improvements.. SLI is still needed even at 1080 with a 60hz refresh. Let alone 144hz monitors or 1440p and higher resolutions.

That being said I wish they could somehow build one of these cards with two GPU's on board that somehow combines the processing of the chips so that to all intents and purposes it just acts like a double fast single GPU solution and doesn't therefore have all the problems.

The more I play Wolfenstein the more amazing it is. I am starting to think it is a bit like Tomb Raider was last year. I feel they are both criminally under rated and when we look back at the end of the year after all the big pre-Xmas releases come out, it will be clear that the review scores back in the spring didn't do the game justice versus end of year releases that were over rated.

Arctic Blue 182
I'm really enjoying it. About half way through according to Xbox. Just stopped the train and at the end of the part of getting t-3 scientist out of the carriage.

Don't think it will ever be recognised more than it is already because of the taboo subject.

The more I play Wolfenstein the more amazing it is. I am starting to think it is a bit like Tomb Raider was last year. I feel they are both criminally under rated and when we look back at the end of the year after all the big pre-Xmas releases come out, it will be clear that the review scores back in the spring didn't do the game justice versus end of year releases that were over rated.

They are only underrated if you pay attention to the 'big hitter' critical reviews from the likes of IGN. The fact that hose guys rate Ghosts higher than New Order is a telling sign. Granted, one could argue they are aimed at a different audience, but give it a rest. New Order is indeed amazing. The more I play it, the more convinced I am that it's the best shooter I have ever played. And that's a BOLD statement.

Yes it has flaws, but I am digging it in a big way. Total breath of fresh air for shooter fans. Exactly what we needed!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
i think ill get this tomorrow. I hope doom 4 lives up to its name.
I am very tempted to purchase this, too... especially given the comments in the previous handful of posts.

As for Doom 4... it's not looking good at the moment. It needs a minor miracle from what I've seen / heard. :(

A SHED!
So i've been playing this on and off all day. Starts off slow, but yea it gets pretty damn good! It's very slick on ps4. Recommend it, 8.5/10. Enjoying it.

Turbo LY R27
They are only underrated if you pay attention to the 'big hitter' critical reviews from the likes of IGN. The fact that hose guys rate Ghosts higher than New Order is a telling sign. Granted, one could argue they are aimed at a different audience, but give it a rest. New Order is indeed amazing. The more I play it, the more convinced I am that it's the best shooter I have ever played. And that's a BOLD statement.

Yes it has flaws, but I am digging it in a big way. Total breath of fresh air for shooter fans. Exactly what we needed!

Completely agree, FPS shooters have been saturated with crap short story lines that last 5 minutes. This is how i remember great shooters being, proper good lengthy campaigns that immediately want to make you start it again. Before the online days i used to love playing these shooters like half life, red faction etc etc that go on for ages.

Nice to see a developer sticking to this as well and not tagging along with the MP for the sake of it!