ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wolfenstein - The New order

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Do you get the higher trophy for just changing difficulty on the last level? I finished the whole game on medium I think and only struggled on one part of a level. Should have played it on hard.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Do you get the higher trophy for just changing difficulty on the last level? I finished the whole game on medium I think and only struggled on one part of a level. Should have played it on hard.

You can play the entire game on Easy and get all the relevant trophies/achievements then simply change the difficulty to Hard/Extreme for the final level/boss and get that main trophy/achievement too.

Completed this today. Brilliant, but seriously challenging at times. I switched to easy on a couple of occasions but played the majority of the game on the middle setting. Including the ending.

Without giving anything away, anyone who watched the credits right to the end would hopefully draw the same conclusion as me...well and truly open for a sequel?

Started it over again on über difficulty. Even more enjoyable!

EDIT: obviously chosen the alternate timeline for the second play through.

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
Bought this at the weekend. Loving it. Proper old school FPS and I love the constant scavenging for Ammo. Only had a quick blast. Stuck on the bit where you are with the Polish family clearing out the checkpoints and two massive robots are killing you.

Stuck on the bit where you are with the Polish family clearing out the checkpoints and two massive robots are killing you.

Use the far building as refuge. You can shoot them through the door and windows. Just be aware of the energy ball explosions. Keep clear of those and you should find it pretty easy.

Arctic Blue 182
If your quick you can press the button in the back of the Van that one of em jumps out of. That blows him up nice and quick.

Also if your struggling on that it gets a lot harder :)

172 cup
Quick question on the PC version if anyone can help - do the control options have a southpaw / lefty option for using the Xbox360 controller?

Revels Mum & Sister
Sure it does get harder and sure I will manage! If not I won't lose any sleep over it ;) I tried a couple times late last night and then gave up as I was tired.

Sure it does get harder and sure I will manage! If not I won't lose any sleep over it ;) I tried a couple times late last night and then gave up as I was tired.

Doesn't really matter anyway mate. It's easy to adjust the difficultly when needed. The important thing is that it's the best shooter made in a very long time.

Revels Mum & Sister
I don't think that this part is that hard as such. Just figuring out a tactic to despatch of them.

I agree with you on that. Loving it. Wish I had picked it up sooner to be fair.

Doesn't really matter anyway mate. It's easy to adjust the difficultly when needed. The important thing is that it's the best shooter made in a very long time.

172 cup
He has a point. Wolfenstein plays very much like a shooter optimised for K&M. A breath of fresh air actually.

I appreciate that Roy, and agree.

I still need to know if you can go southpaw/left handed on the controller setup though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't find that section too bad tbh. I think used a few of the tesla grenades to stun them and dismounted the turret guns. Using the large building for cover. Took out one at at time, picking up armour before killing the other.

I'll probably buy this when it's reduced as I lent it off my mate. I'd like to play the alternative storyline
One part I found particularly hard..

The part where you smash through a window after coming back from the moon. You are armed with your lazer and a pistol iirc. There are a fair few enemies, some shooting you from the balcony. Took me a while to get through that. In the end I think I just ran through to the end of the room and dropped in to a hole.

Should have upped the difficulty for the last boss too as I found that fairly easy.

I'll probably buy this when it's reduced as I lent it off my mate. I'd like to play the alternative storyline
One part I found particularly hard..

The part where you smash through a window after coming back from the moon. You are armed with your lazer and a pistol iirc. There are a fair few enemies, some shooting you from the balcony. Took me a while to get through that. In the end I think I just ran through to the end of the room and dropped in to a hole.

Should have upped the difficulty for the last boss too as I found that fairly easy.

The alternate storyline is worth playing, but mostly simply because the game is just so much damn fun anyway. The alternate story is exactly the same in terms of gameplay. Just different dialogue. Still excellent though, and definitely a cool incentive to replay the game.

As for the part in spoiler tags. Yes that's a very tricky section. Probably the hardest bit of the whole game.

Revels Mum & Sister
What are you playing it on, lover? It feels very much like a PC shooter. I guess you're rolling on cunsole?

Middle setting? Cannot remember what it was called. Sorted it first time last night. Jumped in the vehicle and destroyed the first one. Then tesla grenaded the second one and picked up the turret smashed him with that. Over the other side, picked up the turret and smashed him with that one. Then hid in the building to finish him off with the rifle.

Put another chunk of time in. Quite a bit further along. Really liking it. It does hark back to the days of PC FPS. Yep on Sexbox One. Reminds me of our chats about PC hardware back in the day Munson. When I was cool haha

Yes those were the days. I remember when my PC kept blowing up whilst playing Half-Life 2 episode 2 lol :cool:

New monster power supply fixed it, and proved you correct in your diagnosis :approve:

Revels Mum & Sister
Well I don't like to brag but I am kind of a big deal haha.

I have thought about a PC but in all honesty I just dont have the time and too many hobbys already. Xbox suits for pick up and play.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm more into cunsoles these days for social lounge gaming. Saying that, I'm rocking SLI GTX780ti in my PC, simply because that's how I roll.

I haven't yet purchased a 'next gen' machine, although I will probably end up with a PS4 around the time that GTA V and Destiny hit the shelves :cool:

White APE
The alternate storyline is worth playing, but mostly simply because the game is just so much damn fun anyway. The alternate story is exactly the same in terms of gameplay. Just different dialogue. Still excellent though, and definitely a cool incentive to replay the game.

As for the part in spoiler tags. Yes that's a very tricky section. Probably the hardest bit of the whole game.

I did notice in the 2 story lines there is a variation in picking locks. In one it's crossing wires in digital locks, the other you are picking barrel locks.

Also that section "return to London nautica?"is a pain in the ass!!

Yeah you're right. Only it's mildly less annoying than the "fifteen pints" hot wiring. It's still not really an alternate game. I suppose some things are a bit different, but not enough to have a big impact on the way it plays. Just enough to offer a valid incentive to play it all again, but an incentive isn't really necessary.

White APE
Yeah. Certainly kept me hooked to see all the tweaks like the different characters in the resistance etc.

F82 M4
Same ^^

Absolutely loving it. Old school shooter, reminds me of HL2 in a way. Love the story too. Think I'm about 3-4 hours in now :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
So it seems they are bringing out a prequel to this 'Wolfenstein: The Old Blood' which is out on May 5th, can't wait.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. Really enjoyed the last one.
I thought they would have made a sequel though
with the crazy woman, she doesn't die iirc in New Order
Maybe they will.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just looked at the PS store. It's available for Pre order at £14.99 which would make it a very short game, much like Blood Dragon from the Far Cry series.
8 chapters and two interconnected stories.

I hope there is a full game sequel due out soon.