ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Witch to get-V6MK1-Meg225-Clio182cup

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Which to get-V6MK1-Meg225-Clio182cup

Hi everyone i have come back to pos getting a French car again! AKA Jay@automods! i had a Clio 172 CUP and loved it till i sold to buy my VX220, i Have a concourse Fiesta RS Turbo witch i brought and now im looking into buying>

-Clio V6 MK1
-Megane 225 RS
-Clio 182 with cup packs (Recaros if pos)

Im not sure what to get but as you can see (JayV6!) im kinda 90% on getting a V6! it will be a MK1 but next year if i like the V6 and get on with it il get the MK2 maybe!

I do know quit alot about the cars stated but just want to know what all you guys/gals think i shoud go for and why? Oh and lots of pics Vids and info i would LIKE it! if you can take the time to put up for me:eek:

Thank you and im glad to be a member again! even tho i havent Yet chosen witch to get, but as i said im pritty sure i want a V6!.

Jay

Last edited:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
hi fella welcome back. if i was to choose it would be the megane 225 or the v6 for me though it would would have to be the v6 225 if i could stretch to that. they look fooking awsome and you dont see many around. for info on the megane 225 try meganesport.co.uk and cliov6.net or something like that

Last edited:
  VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Yeah the Meg an V6 are to top choices but it will have to be MK1 V6 i love the look of both and if money was no worry it would be the 255 but id be just as much fun to own a 230 V6!

i like the look of the megane but i realy dont know what to do! i like the idea of the V6 more!

Other options welcome

If i had the choose one of those three it would be the V6 simply because they look awesome and you dont see as many about as the 225/182s, ive never seen a mk1 V6 in the north east area seen a few mk2 v6s loads of 225's and 182s tho

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Yeh im thinking the same as you i recon they look awsome and you dont see many about, i see alot of 182 almost 4 or 5 "different" ones a day (not that it makes me think any different about the 182 i think hey are great!) i like the fact that not many are about same as the VX220 but i dont see too many Meg225's tho and i was just reading the a Custom Re-Map made 267bhp and 360nm torque! £350 so quick easy and cheap to tune, but then im sure i could sort some nice bit for the V6!

Whats the Mpg on the Mk1 V6? im not counting on good results as its a 3.0 v6! but i wont kill me driving it everyday 40miles a day ish? town or motorway

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
jayV6 said:
Whats the Mpg on the Mk1 V6? im not counting on good results as its a 3.0 v6! but i wont kill me driving it everyday 40miles a day ish? town or motorway
Averages out around 23 MPG for most ... goes lower if you thrash it and all the way up to 30 MPG or so for folk who do lots of motorway miles. It's got a lot of grunt and so you can short shift and rely on the torque when driving on normal busy british roads, and save the screaming 7krpm behind your head stuff for the rare bits of open road.

If you dont need 4 seats its got to be the V6.

From what I have read they are bit 'challenging' to drive. I think the handling can be a bit unpredictable at times

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Personally for running costs vs performance I'd go for the 182. Don't get me wrong I'd love a V6 but would have to not spend any money on anything else to run one as I would want to.

All depends what you want from the car. If you wan't the presence, noise and money ain't a problem go for the V6 just for the hell of it if nothing else, otherwise I'd pick one of the other two.

IMO on proper driving roads you'll be quicker than the V6 and the 225 in the 182 and save yourself a few quid.

Last edited:
  VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Well 23 up isnt to bad! i wont be trashing it everywhere! but if i did its not like im going to be worried about saving fuel! iv only ever been in one Mk1 v6 and i was a passenger the noise of the standard filter sucking in!! was great and it did go very well all the way up to the limiter that was standard so im sure once i get a full system + race cats ect maybe remap after it will be even better! has any1 got vids and pictures of the V6 i would love to see some iv done a search but not alot come up...

Thanks alot

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Chad- see what you mean as performance of the 172/182 is great but its just somthing iv always wanted to get but alot of people that do go for the V6 (well in my case) i need to ask a few questions and see if i should take the leap! and get one, are they that much of a "Pig" to run? and do they com with traction control?

i have heard that they are a little hard when driven hard! but im sure it wont be a problem for me on town roads ect: i shall upgrade to a Mk2 one day!

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
gazcaddy-realy dotn think i can! i wish a could but i havnt seen then anywhere near 15k! lowest iv seen one was 16-5k odd

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Haha u must have been watching me! iv just come off pistonheads! there is some realy nice ones and at gd prices too i like the Red MK1 wow that is nice a differesnt than silver. but im liking a couple of the silver ones and the one with the "V6 SWL" number plate! MINT

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would have a meg cup just to be different and then chip it.Look at the new f1 version in blue with the black wheels.Awsome looking car

ian

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Yeah i see one of the F1 Megs go past me the other way and it looked realy nice and very different loving the Black wheels!

i work with Renault every day as i work at a dealer that only sells Renault cars (not a Main dealer), so i get them trade! i havent yet driven a Meg 225 but so i may have a drive and see how it goes it just doesn't have the appeal of the V6 but im sure its easyer to make quicker and a set of Coils will sort the car out..we have had an offer a guy has phoned up and offerd us a V6 to buy or sell for him so im in two minds!

BMW E46 330i Touring
V6 for me, just been one of my dream cars since it was first released. The Meggy or 182 doesn't have anywhere near the same impact...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I'd love a V6 the running costs and practicality (or lack of) would do my nut, so if you don't mind the increased purchase price I'd go for a Meg 225 cup :)

I had one for a few hours last year and it was great, would chop my 172 in for one tomorrow if someone offered :)

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Well thats the thing i didnt rely want to spend that much and if i did id go for a Clio V6 255. i bet the megane is a great car it has four seats and stil goes very well and looks great but im finding it hard to say no to the V6 and it will be a MK1...im not shutting the meg out just yet as i need a drive first but the only 225 i could get would be Full Fat normal one!

th one that iv been offerd (v6) has only got 3,000miles on the clock!! and has been kept since new im told (i shall check my info is correct) and is concourse. so CAM BELT change isnt a worry! and service should be ok as im in the trade?? MOT should be fine and fuel lol well who buy's a 3.0V6 and asks "how come i keep having to stop at the petrol station every other day!! well im sure its not that bad if i was to fill it up im sure a mix of hard and soft driving should last at least 3 days or 4? am i wrong?

Any other things like brakes ect should be 200-300? but they arent having to be changed to often for road use?

Please fill me in on anything else pls

thank you

MINI JCW
jayV6 said:
gazcaddy-realy dotn think i can! i wish a could but i havnt seen then anywhere near 15k! lowest iv seen one was 16-5k odd

I know what you mean mate, IMO the 255 look so much better and from what Ive read (as I havent driven any) the 255 is significantly quicker and handles better

I would go for the MK1 over the meg 225 though as they are more rare and special

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Wow what a week!! (just got back:dead:) lol anyway

Im off tomorrow so im going down the my local Renault dealer to waist there time! as il be buying trade!:clown: im going to test drive a 225 (not sure if its a cup or normal) and ask around to see where the nearst V6 is (not private cos i dont want to waist there time! no way) and make my choice! iv been thinking hard and i just dont know as i was going to go straight in and buy a MK1 V6 but now i think i could wait 4-5months and save up a little more (3-4K) and get a MK2!??:eek:

Is the Mk2 ALOT better than Mk1? i know its a little quicker and handles better when driven hard but is it worth the leap in price?

Oh and i have looked into a Trophy but i think it may have to be one of the two.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Get a 225 cup, it really makes a diff, or at least ge tthe £500 cup pack!

Better brakes, wheels, tyres, steering, esp etc :)

1.2 clio grande + 172bhp
the 225 is alot of fun to drive. very quick once that turbo kicks in. i used to go on test drives in them when i was working at my old garage

I'd go for a 225Cup or F1. I had a good look at a 255V6 the other day and frankly I personally thought it looked rubbish. Dross panel gaps and the fine detailing was shite. It looked like a 182 with big wheels and a (crap) body kit. I appreciate it's a fantastic car to drive, but for me it just looks rubbish and costs too much. The 225F1 I saw minutes later looked far more sexy and was cheaper.

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Mmm interesting i havent looked at a 255 very close before and wasnt aware they are that badly built iv been in a Mk1 but the "impact" it gave me when pulling up to the driveway it was parked on was great! its lokks awsome, im definitly go to go drive a Meg 225 hopfully a Cup version and give a good test! and then jump into a V6 if i can find one in Kent-Canterbury is where i live if any1 knows where the nearest V6 is!? it will have to be a garage/dealer

Anyways i (should:S) know by tomorrow what i like most!:rolleyes:

jayV6 said:
Mmm interesting i havent looked at a 255 very close before and wasnt aware they are that badly built iv been in a Mk1 but the "impact" it gave me when pulling up to the driveway it was parked on was great! its lokks awsome, im definitly go to go drive a Meg 225 hopfully a Cup version and give a good test! and then jump into a V6 if i can find one in Kent-Canterbury is where i live if any1 knows where the nearest V6 is!? it will have to be a garage/dealer

Anyways i (should:S) know by tomorrow what i like most!:rolleyes:

Whitehouse Renault have the last unregistered V6 in the country in their showroom (well, the did a few weeks ago?) and a Platinum Grey SEAT Leon Cupra R that by all accounts they can't shift for love nor money!?!? :evil:

Elise/VX220/R26
if I was in your situation m8 ie already own a VX I would get a megane, I cant really see that a clio v6 will give you anything the VX doesnt already. The 225 would be great company to the VX, a total polar opposite car really but might refresh you after giving the VX a workout on the weekends ;)

Alternitively you could swap your VX for my 225 if you want :)

jayV6 said:
th one that iv been offerd (v6) has only got 3,000miles on the clock!! and has been kept since new im told (i shall check my info is correct) and is concourse. so CAM BELT change isnt a worry!

Its 72000 or 5 years, whatever comes first. If the age is coming up for 5 years it will still need changed.

Focus RS
My mate has a clio v6 and the fun we have had in it is unreal and just by him fitting the viper induction kit gives it that extra grunt, running costs are just daft as he likes to put his foot down so fuel bills are silly, he has been trying to sell it for the past month or so but no interest, don't think he wants it to go really but 9 points on licence says it has to. I just got me a 182 and thats just as much fun although yep it would have to be the v6 for me as nothing else looks that mean.

VX220 - Fiesta RS Turbo
Thanks for your coments guys it has help me alot;)

Since then i have been down to my local renault and i have to just say WOW to the F1 megane:cool: it is so cool i luv it! but i just cant put that much money into a car right now! at a price tag of £19500!:eek:

i have looked into a Megane Cup or Trophy but yet to test drive them so im still at square 1 as i havent even driven a V6! so watch this space and il keep you lot posted on what i get!! but i shall be on here asking silly questions about the V6 and rounding up lots of info so to help me choose:D but just sitting in a Megane F1 and standard 225 made me look harder into it but my Girlfriend seens to think a V6 is the way to go its just a one off and would be cool to own one! (even tho she isnt going near it!:rasp:

Mark 1 Clio V6

I've had a mk1V6 and a Meg 225 and they are (after the initial excitement of owning a new car) both fairly dull and uninspiring.

V6 looks better than a Megane and sounds better, but the Megane has practicality and better build quality.

I for one have now had enough of Renault's reliabilty issues (constant trips to give my car to Renault technicians who know not how to fix the car) and bought an Astra VXR.

Elise/VX220/R26
yeah tis always the case with renaults, some of the guys on meganesport.net have had lots of probs with the 225 (only 3 or 4) but the bad ones tend to be really bad, just typical renault niggly faults like coil packs and noisy suspension, things that really they should have learnt to do properly by now. I seem to have a good one as I've had no problems with mine at all bar it having shagged brakes when I bought it (6 months old and thrashed lol) TBH 99% of 225 owners have no probs I would say.

if your looking to buy new go to www.buymynewcar.co.uk 15k for a phase 2 with full leather and cup chassis? Nothing else touches it for that sort of money IMO