ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why I love Apple.

Had one experience of them so far and was chuffed to bits. Bought a reconditioned 16GB iPhone 3G straight from O2 (I say 'bought', it was free on my £25 contract), a week later the Wifi started playing up...took it to the Genius Bar and after 5 minutes they unwrapped a new one and handed it to me, job done. The 'new' one may also be reconditioned, who knows, but it was great to have it sorted so quickly/easily.

Nothing spectacular, but I was expecting a fight considering it was a reconditioned one anyway. Hugely pleasant experience as it turns out, and I'm now a complete convert.

If only other stores/companies would realise that exceptional customer service will probably actually help their bottom line in the long run.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Cant say I,ve had the same great service tbh, My 3g 16gb white (player model) had a few hairline cracks on it around the mute switch..about a month down the line the switch packed in so rolled down to apple Trafford, on the way the M62 was closed, called the store to let them know I would be late by around 30 minutes...they said no worries, alot of people are in the same boat we have moved 45 minutes forward!

Got there 10 minutes before the re arranged appointment time and let the genius bar know I was there, got a sort of acknowledgement back and continued to wonder round the store looking at stuff. About 15 minutes later I hadn’t been called to the bar so went back over to be meted by some Asian grumpy slut who said "your 50 minutes late, you will have to re book for a other day" I politely advised them that I had called to re arrange the appointment due to the M62 being closed. She argued that you cant call the store to move appointments and that there was no record of my call...after about 15 minutes of persuasion they agreed to see me in a further 20 minutes.

20 minutes was up and she took the phone off me, grunted with a smirk and disappeared into the back for about 10 minutes to return with a manager who just said "sorry customer misuse, this has been dropped. Just claim on the insurance"

I had dropped the phone but that didn’t cause any of the cracks, just chipped the bottom slightly, the hairline crack were just the usual ones that I saw pics of on the internet.

We argued for a long time until the best deal he offered was a replacement phone for £115. I didn’t take the offer and still have a f**ked mute switch!

I had this same problem with my iphone and got the same response, but I didn't let down and they gave me a brand new iphone. Search for 'hairline crack 3gs' on here to see the thread.

Ben

Tesla MP3 2021
Cant say I,ve had the same great service tbh, My 3g 16gb white (player model) had a few hairline cracks on it around the mute switch..about a month down the line the switch packed in so rolled down to apple Trafford, on the way the M62 was closed, called the store to let them know I would be late by around 30 minutes...they said no worries, alot of people are in the same boat we have moved 45 minutes forward!

Got there 10 minutes before the re arranged appointment time and let the genius bar know I was there, got a sort of acknowledgement back and continued to wonder round the store looking at stuff. About 15 minutes later I hadn’t been called to the bar so went back over to be meted by some Asian grumpy slut who said "your 50 minutes late, you will have to re book for a other day" I politely advised them that I had called to re arrange the appointment due to the M62 being closed. She argued that you cant call the store to move appointments and that there was no record of my call...after about 15 minutes of persuasion they agreed to see me in a further 20 minutes.

20 minutes was up and she took the phone off me, grunted with a smirk and disappeared into the back for about 10 minutes to return with a manager who just said "sorry customer misuse, this has been dropped. Just claim on the insurance"

I had dropped the phone but that didn’t cause any of the cracks, just chipped the bottom slightly, the hairline crack were just the usual ones that I saw pics of on the internet.

We argued for a long time until the best deal he offered was a replacement phone for £115. I didn’t take the offer and still have a f**ked mute switch!

Your screen is 80% smashed, I think a broken mute switch is the least of your worries. Just buy a new phone you cheap prick.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Suzuki Ignis
My macbook packed in this week. I have a mastercare plan, through Curry's who then outsource the work to a company called Equinox.

I phoned them to book it in and Equinox are meant to phone me to arrange picking it up. Call never came. Phoned and had to book it in again, same thing, no call.

Third time I got across how pissed off I was getting and they finally sorted it out, came and picked it up today but I have to wait at least 10 day before they can even check on the status of the repair.

If its beyond economical repair I have to pay £49 for a replacement or I think I can have payout of the cost of the machine, which is what Ill do as I want a desktop now.

Ill use the apple brand insurance thing for the new machine though, heard nothing but praise for them.

So to continue where I left off...

Equinox have said that its beyond repair so they are sending me vouchers to cover the value of the most current macbook. Yay.

When I was booking it in for repair I asked about having the old HD back as I can transfer the data at uni. I didnt do it before it got sent off as they said to put a note in and that can be done no problem, plus I didnt wanna rip the macbook apart and damage the security tags or anything. But they have now said that they have to charge me £47 just to have the hard drive back :mad:

Slightly annoyed I didnt transfer everything before I sent it off. But the cheapest macbook is £816, which is £200 more than I paid for it.

Now do I get a pro?

Ill be using it for photoshop, illustrator and looking to edit movies in the near future, as well as usual things.

Or will an imac be more suitable?

And what do these mean? -

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics vs. ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB

2.66GHz vs. 3.06GHz

Whats the difference between these?

Ibiza FR
Really pleased with Apple today, was having trouble with the sleep button on my iPhone, went into Solihull store and got it swapped over for a brand new one straight away, no questions asked! First time dealing with them, and has definitely encouraged me to buy more of there products in the future :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I went in because my charger broke last year on my Aluminum Macbook. The guy poked around with it for a bit and fixed it.

"It seem's to be just one of the pins where bent mate, I've fixed it, but I cant be certain if it will be a permanent fix. So I'll grab you a new charger"

Epic service, as always from apple. Buying the thing was such a nice transaction too. Felt like buying a new car the way it was made to my spec, made me feel warm inside :).

-
Back of mine has cracked where the charger goes in and the volume buttons on the side have gone awol!

Its unlocked and im in chicago. I have an app on there which can change the name of the network to anything I want so could mask the fact its unlocked. Do they plug it in at all and have a nose around?

-
I bought it from a mate unlocked originally on 02 I think. Could I lock it to Vodafone? Which is my UK sim.

If it's officially unlocked then it doesn't matter. They will just swap it and unlock your next one.

If it's jailbroken etc and it has Cydia and whatever else on there, then you don't get any company cool aid and Steve inserts a rectal probe.

-
No, I think it was Originally on 02 but he had it unlocked for his orange SIM. Can I un-jailbreak it then and delete cydia?

Tbh I don't really need it Jailbroken. And I would much rather avoid the rectal proble if possible.

-
OK so if I back-up the phone, restore and install latest firmware I should be ok? And it will still be unlocked?

smi20.gif

How/Who unlocked it? Was it done via o2 properly? Or was it done via hacking the device?

Your best bet is to do this http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html (if it's not been done already) and then you can restore/update via iTunes and it will be fine. You can then go to Apple, have it replaced and it will still be unlocked.

If it was unlocked via hacking the device, then when you update/restore, you'll lose that unlock.

-
It wasn't done by 02 no. So I will have to do that first then? Says it takes up to 14 days to do it aswell!

Well you don't have to, but otherwise when you restore it will be locked to o2 again.

Unlock it online. Wait until it's confirmed (it doesn't take 14 days) and then restore. Your sim will still work no problem and then you can book an appointment with a Genius and get it replaced.

-
The info it asks for, do I enter my current details or the details of the number, person who had the contract with 02?

-
"Thank you. Your request has been sent to our customer service team and we'll get back to you by email in the next 28 days with details of what you need to do next.

If you've asked for your iPhone to be unlocked, we'll text you in the next 14 days."

Hope to f**k it doesnt take that long!

-
"Thank you. Your request has been sent to our customer service team and we'll get back to you by email in the next 28 days with details of what you need to do next.

If you've asked for your iPhone to be unlocked, we'll text you in the next 14 days."

Hope to f**k it doesnt take that long!

Got the txt. Said they were unable to unlock it! :dead:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I have never taken any product back to Apple before but yesterday i got sick to death of my temperamental home button on my iP4, its always been dodgy since i bought it on launch day but i just put up with it.

Anyway took it to the Arndale Center yesterday and is per normal the guy at the Genius bar had no problems with it but gave me a new phone anyway :) well happy with the new one. It feels a lot more solid

Apple are f**king awesome. Period. Their software is good enough to convert even those with a most hardened pre-aversion to anything Apple.

They're not perfect by any means, but at least they're forever pushing for perfection in their design & engineering. Fastidiously engineered and manufactured hardware, running brilliant software. Yeah.

mini cooper s
Sounds like their customer service is also spot on. Shame more companies couldnt be like this.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Apple are f**king awesome. Period. Their software is good enough to convert even those with a most hardened pre-aversion to anything Apple.

They're not perfect by any means, but at least they're forever pushing for perfection in their design & engineering. Fastidiously engineered and manufactured hardware, running brilliant software. Yeah.

Amen!

Monaro VXR

My mums went like that, took it in and got it replaced. Took around 45 minutes and was covered under warranty. Apparently very common on them.

Replaced the lower bezel and the bezel around the screen. Think my invoice states it was around £13 in parts or something. So nothing very expensive even if you do have to pay.

A red missile

Tru dat. They're pretty good at design as well, I've always said that the pc would still be a beige box had it not been for Apple bringing out the translucent iMac eons ago.

Monaro VXR
Wife's is exactly the same, must be a design flaw. It's well out of warranty mind, and because of the crappy design, you have to replace the whole part, keyboard + palm rest = £100ish from memory.

Will pull out the invoice from when my mums was done. Wasn't any where near £100 though. Maybe different years have different designs,

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just to update this for me...

My Sleep/Wake button on the 27 was playing up, so I called Applecare. They collected from my house on the Tuesday, overnighted it to the repair centre in Surrey, then overnighted it back to me for the Friday.

Since the new iMacs are Unibody (of sorts), a button replacement means literally gutting the machine from the LCD side and fitting everything into a new shell. No short task.

Again, one happy customer.