ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AirPod Pro issues

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Exactly. So if they’re working perfectly with another device (the air pad), maybe it’s an issue with your phone. Do other Bluetooth devices work ok with your phone?
Yes, other Bluetooth devices work fine. They behave the same with my iPad as they do with my phone.

Have you tried putting the above serial number in the apple site. - https://checkcoverage.apple.com/?locale=en_JP
This has to be positive surely…?.
6993D0AD-7A11-434D-A234-B21A3BD8B0C2.jpeg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Ok so you have checked and the serial number comes up on the official apple site (So did my fake ones so don't get too excited)

Now if I was you I would be making an appointment at the genuis bar to ask them to 100% verify the AirPods and if all comes back OK and they are 100% genuine apple units then show them the issues you are having with your phone and see what they suggest.

Little unlikely but there has been a couple of iPhone updates so there could be a glitch with the phone software and the pods but I would not hold my breath.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ok so you have checked and the serial number comes up on the official apple site (So did my fake ones so don't get too excited)

Now if I was you I would be making an appointment at the genuis bar to ask them to 100% verify the AirPods and if all comes back OK and they are 100% genuine apple units then show them the issues you are having with your phone and see what they suggest.

Little unlikely but there has been a couple of iPhone updates so there could be a glitch with the phone software and the pods but I would not hold my breath.
I will as soon as I have time. This next week or two are mental busy so will try get an appointment soon. I will keep this thread updated!

RenaultSport 182FF
So I never actually managed to buy a pair but on saying that my mates mate had a f**k load of these and was selling them for £75 a box.

I bought 5 of them and put the the serial numbers into the Apple warranty checker and they came back real but they where actually fake.
The box, The package, the wrap, leaflets everything was perfect right down to the font and colour of writing and every full stop.

After about 4 days they would not connect, They would just start doing all things from calling people, stopping music and all sorts.
Mate took them all back and gave me my money but im guessing you have maybe got a pair of these AAA+ Fakes

P.s

My wife's airpods 3rd generation which are genuine work fine as they would but we compared the packaging along with everything we could and it was bob on.
Probably ought to write something here rather than everyone speculate over it.

I have messaged Sash re the AirPods. These were genuine AirPods. I would like to say that I completely agree with what Marc B is saying re the fakes and the accuracy of them, but as mentioned they are quickly blocked and your iDevices are quick to either 'not connect' or advise that they might not be genuine.
The Airpods in question were sold to Sash two years ago and I believe they were around 6 months old when they were sold.

After reading the thread it does seem to point towards the phone being the issue as the iPad still works fine. It strongly suggests a bug in the software which usually are resolved in revisions of iOS.

The reason for the message regarding 'support options' not being available isn't because they aren't genuine, but because of them firstly being out of warranty, (if they were in warranty this would load) and secondly because there is no repair program for airpods. In warranty they are simply just replaced and if they are out of warranty you have to purchase new ones.

Apple are becoming less and less helpful with things like this, granted I can understand why they don't repair airpods but for things like macbooks and iphones etc they advise the consumer that they can repair the item but in reality they are quoting the price of a new device, sadly going to the apple store is simply going to be a wasted trip, they are 1.5 years out of warranty they will just advise nothing can be done other than to purchase a new set.

Sorry to bring a downer to the scenario.

Sorry Sash :(