ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why I love Apple.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: Why I love a Apple.

Personally, I would have told you to get fcuked! :rasp: A non-working Maccy is one thing - a slight colour fault is completely another.

Then again, Apple have a reputation to excel with customer services. If they can deal with a case-colour issue, it bode's well for when serious problems arise.

Good on you Chrissy for trying and getting a result though. I don't think I'd have the front to even try something that anal. ;)

D.

LOL.

:eek:

odd, coz they were absolute cnuts with riad when his new 900 machine kept shutting down for no reason

it got to the point where i had to go in, it got sorted.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They replaced the screen on my 09 13" MBP last Sunday due to a rogue piece of dirt having appeared under the glass in the middle of the screen. Excellent service.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I bought a 8Gb 3G from someone off of here last year with the mute button missing, I didn't mind as I never used it.

I dropped the phone on the floor in December last year, a few days before I was to go on holiday.

I found out that I had 2 days remaining on the warranty so I booked it in to see the Genius Guys who said they would replace the screen there and then!

I mentioned about them missing button and they said they would jsut replace it for a new "reconditioned" phone! I couldn't believe it!

2G > 3G for build quality.

Saying that, my 3GS doesn't have any cracks. Are you f**ks using them as hockey pucks or something?

Oh and Applol are s**t.

Nothing at the mo :(
ive had the same experience with my ipod touch.. it wasnt reacting to movement

book a genius appointment at apple in brighton.. went in there.. 10 mins later i got a replacement.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A day's use today and the smell of my new Unibody and keyboard is wearing off. :(

They should sell the scent, in store. I'd buy it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
New keyboard as well? LOL, dude, it's a new MBP with your old HDD in. No??

Nah doubt its a new keyboard, its just been cleaned.

I'll take a picture of my receipt. It states new case/keyboard + fitting.

Smells new as well. :eek:

Either way I'm not fussed, it was faultless anyway.

It's still my MacBook though, it has my scuffs on the base. lol.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
My WMB had discolouration and cracks so took it in to see them.... was an hour late for the appointment so I sat down for 20 minutes until there was a quick space to look at it. They told me that it'll get replaced under warranty so left it with them. Thought it would take ages so had a quick look around the shops then just as I was leaving the (expensive) car park to start the hour trek home I got a phone call - it's ready. BACK I go and pay the stupid car park fee's and good as new :)

Sorry CBA with paragraphs gotta rush

I've got a few scratches (and a slight crack) on the screen, and one split at the back near the dock connector on my 3G - reckon they'll just swap it for another if I walked in with it? years warranty runs out 5th May.

Never really been bothered about getting it sorted tbh, but if its as easy as you lot make out then I might as well.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
My macbook uni body has developed some wierd 'flaking' where i normally rest my palm, right on the edge of the body just to the right of the mouse. I think i will take it in and try my luck!

Suzuki Ignis
My macbook packed in this week. I have a mastercare plan, through Curry's who then outsource the work to a company called Equinox.

I phoned them to book it in and Equinox are meant to phone me to arrange picking it up. Call never came. Phoned and had to book it in again, same thing, no call.

Third time I got across how pissed off I was getting and they finally sorted it out, came and picked it up today but I have to wait at least 10 day before they can even check on the status of the repair.

If its beyond economical repair I have to pay £49 for a replacement or I think I can have payout of the cost of the machine, which is what Ill do as I want a desktop now.

Ill use the apple brand insurance thing for the new machine though, heard nothing but praise for them.

Suzuki Ignis
Oh and Im stuck on a shitty windoze machine that is 10 years old till I get it back/paid out.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Why didn't you take out AppleCare?

Curry's are shocking at pretty much everything, from my experience with them.

I switched on my gaming PC today and Windows ate its own head. Couldn't see this. Couldn't find that. It's a pristine Windows 7 install that was fine the last time it was booted. Took me f**king hours to sort it out. I know nothing about Mac OSX and yet I have never had a single problem with it.

Suzuki Ignis
Why didn't you take out AppleCare?
Coz I bought it from Curry's and I bartered almost £200 off it when I got it.

To be fair I had a camera repaired through the Curry's insurance and they did a good job on that.

The machine is 3 years old now and it was getting very hot even on idle it was 70°c+, the fans were on full blast constantly, I was expecting it tbh just hoping they payout or a get new one that I can sell on.

Mountune Tractor
Obviously a cracking service you get from Apple, but c'mon it's not as if they can't afford to give you that service. They bum rape you for the product in the first place 9/10 times.
You don't automatically get great service for paying a premium though so fair play to Apple for doing so.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Cant say I,ve had the same great service tbh, My 3g 16gb white (player model) had a few hairline cracks on it around the mute switch..about a month down the line the switch packed in so rolled down to apple Trafford, on the way the M62 was closed, called the store to let them know I would be late by around 30 minutes...they said no worries, alot of people are in the same boat we have moved 45 minutes forward!

Got there 10 minutes before the re arranged appointment time and let the genius bar know I was there, got a sort of acknowledgement back and continued to wonder round the store looking at stuff. About 15 minutes later I hadn’t been called to the bar so went back over to be meted by some Asian grumpy slut who said "your 50 minutes late, you will have to re book for a other day" I politely advised them that I had called to re arrange the appointment due to the M62 being closed. She argued that you cant call the store to move appointments and that there was no record of my call...after about 15 minutes of persuasion they agreed to see me in a further 20 minutes.

20 minutes was up and she took the phone off me, grunted with a smirk and disappeared into the back for about 10 minutes to return with a manager who just said "sorry customer misuse, this has been dropped. Just claim on the insurance"

I had dropped the phone but that didn’t cause any of the cracks, just chipped the bottom slightly, the hairline crack were just the usual ones that I saw pics of on the internet.

We argued for a long time until the best deal he offered was a replacement phone for £115. I didn’t take the offer and still have a fucked mute switch!

ITB'd MK1
Cant say I,ve had the same great service tbh, My 3g 16gb white (player model) had a few hairline cracks on it around the mute switch..about a month down the line the switch packed in so rolled down to apple Trafford, on the way the M62 was closed, called the store to let them know I would be late by around 30 minutes...they said no worries, alot of people are in the same boat we have moved 45 minutes forward!

Got there 10 minutes before the re arranged appointment time and let the genius bar know I was there, got a sort of acknowledgement back and continued to wonder round the store looking at stuff. About 15 minutes later I hadn’t been called to the bar so went back over to be meted by some Asian grumpy slut who said "your 50 minutes late, you will have to re book for a other day" I politely advised them that I had called to re arrange the appointment due to the M62 being closed. She argued that you cant call the store to move appointments and that there was no record of my call...after about 15 minutes of persuasion they agreed to see me in a further 20 minutes.

20 minutes was up and she took the phone off me, grunted with a smirk and disappeared into the back for about 10 minutes to return with a manager who just said "sorry customer misuse, this has been dropped. Just claim on the insurance"

I had dropped the phone but that didn’t cause any of the cracks, just chipped the bottom slightly, the hairline crack were just the usual ones that I saw pics of on the internet.

We argued for a long time until the best deal he offered was a replacement phone for £115. I didn’t take the offer and still have a f**ked mute switch!

Glad someone else thinks they're c**ts on the genius bar. Going with a mate to try nd fix a problem on his 3gs tipped me into the NEVER buying apple catagory

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Speak to Apple Ben, i'm sure they won't be impressed if they hold customer satisfaction in such high regard.