ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whistling from door

Flamer
Not entirely sure where to put this,

iv started to have a whistling like coming in through my drivers door. Just started happening for no reason. It starts when I'm driving about 20/30 mph an gets worse the faster I go an obviously motorway driving is annoying as hell.
It even does it with the window down an sometimes sounds worse.

I have looked for rips or tears or the likes in the seals on the door. Can anyone help or shed some light on the situation, is this a common fault? how should I fix it? anythings to look out for? Other than turning my music up so I can't hear it. It's driving me mental

thanks Gemma

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to ask if it was the usual whistling noise - but as it's just started, clearly it's something else.

I'd wipe down all the door rubbers and make sure that all the edges of the front windows are clear of crap. Do you use both doors often? Or just the drivers side?

I'd check the tail-gate rubbers too - just in case the sound is transferring forward?

D.

Flamer
Thanks il check all them. I do need a wing mirror cover on my passenger side but genuinely think the noise is driver side as its right at my right ear. Could be wrong though

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
As above gems, check the door rubbers and the one by the screen.

If you can here it in your right ear then id say that was it.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
The hole under the wing mirror causes a whistling, doesn't it? It's where the temperature gauge is on the passenger side, but on the driver's side it's just en empty hole. Not sure why it would have just started for you now, though, maybe it's always been there but you've only just started to notice?

Flamer
Oh I'd have noticed it! Definitely! Soon as it started I was like what the hell! I notice change in noises etc. as this one is doing my head in!

PMSL @GAZ. Definitely not that noise no! Lol