ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the best clio to go for??

mk5 VDUB polo
looking to buy a 1.2 16v, i dont know all the different things about them but whats the best one to go for? and what do they have?

e.g expression, campus, billabong, dynamique etc.

i want ac and stuff like that if its possible

cheers for your help

S-Max
I was going to say a cup 172..... :)

Not sure to be honest mate, what about a Corsa 1.4sri for some fun? I had one when I was about 20 and great bit of fun!

mk5 VDUB polo
want a clio lol, if i was gonna get a 1.4 it would be a 1.4 clio. partly aswell cos my best mate has a corsa, want something different

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
the dynamique is the top of the range for a 1.2 really, the billabong is a special edition but the only thing extra really is different coloured 2 tone interior, i had 1 as my 1st car and they wanter mark badly which looks horrible, go for the dynamique, which ive got now, the darker interior is nicer!

you don't need aircon, you've got windows!
you'll have to keep a look out for one with aircon, especially a 1.2 as not many around when i was looking.

knowing what i know now id go for a 1.4, they've got near on 100bhp, but insurance i dont think is too much higher, they are that bit nicer because of the increased power!

good luck!

E36 M3. 182
probs a dynamique, you should be able to find the specs for different trim levels somewhere. thats why i got a 1.6 RSi:cool:

mk5 VDUB polo
yeh i was going to go for a dynamique as i thought they were the better ones. no, ur right i dont need aircon lol i just want gadgets!!

thatnks for everyones advice

pepsi69: thanks, i'd love a 1.4 but its weather my mum is prepared to fork out insurance, she says 1.2 is fine and to be honest......im not complaining

what is faster by the way, a new 1.2 twinport sxi corsa or the 1.2 16v dynamique??

mk5 VDUB polo
ollie_gozzett said:
yeh i was going to go for a dynamique as i thought they were the better ones. no, ur right i dont need aircon lol i just want gadgets!!

thatnks for everyones advice

pepsi69: thanks, i'd love a 1.4 but its weather my mum is prepared to fork out insurance, she says 1.2 is fine and to be honest......im not complaining

what is faster by the way, a new 1.2 twinport sxi corsa or the 1.2 16v dynamique??[/quote]

was than an answer to that lol??

TT
to be honest mate theres pretty much nothing in them. theres not even a massive difference between my mates corsa 1.2 and my clio 1.4, obvioulsy i beat him, but theres still not a huge difference, plus handling on clios better, so altogether youd prob beat 1.2 twin anyway

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
im not sure, after being in both cars, and considering ive got a clio id say a clio!
the twinport sxi has got 79/80bhp whereas a clio 16v has 75, but i think the clio is a sportier car, vauxhalls seem boring in a way, they dont react very well, whereas my clio feels nice and twitchy and goes where i point it, even with a fair bit of body roll!
but then again,on the topic of speed, they are both small 1.2's, so whether one is half a second faster to 60 or whatever, its a little car thats ideal as a first car, and they are never going to be fast, so go with the one you will be happiest to get in and out of for however long you will have it....

it depends on your driving style and preferences, i find the clio interior much nicer, especially the seats, and i think they are a lot tidyer on the outside, but its all personal preference to the driver. the only think i prefer on a vauxhall is the standard sound system, as the speakers are better quality, but at the end of the day throw £60 at it and the speakers are replaced!

your mums right! a 1.2 is fine, just the 1.4 offers that extra bit that you always want!!!

mk5 VDUB polo
cool, his has always seemed nippy so if when i get the clio its anything like that i'd be happy anyway! as much as i think his car is nice i do reckon the clio looks far better, but having not been in one yet really, i hope the interior is better. speed isnt really an issue for me anyway its just nice to have that bit of poke when you need it! and to have a bit of fun with now and again

thanks for replying everyone

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
as far as poke, from a standing start up to around 80 it aint bad, but doin 50-70 overtaking, prepare to be in 2nd/3rd gear to get her moving!

you'll have fun with it, the ladies love them, and i dont think they are seen as chavvy cars, whereas thats the image a fair few people seem to have of corsas!

good luck, and get the right colour, black!!!

Joe

RB 182
lol 70 in 2nd be running red on the speedo for that :cool: nippy car by the way much prefer em to corsas and the 1.2 16v is faster than a 1.4 corsas well as being a nicer car :)

mk5 VDUB polo
haha black is the only colour in my mind dont worry!! and no i dont think they are at all chavy, and yes, corsa's tend to be!

M2 Competition
Get a dynamique mate, lovely cars.

Also, up to motorway speeds, there is absolutely no difference in speed between a 1.2 clio and a 1.4, so stick with the 1.2 16v.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
keben6 said:
I was going to say a cup 172..... :)

Not sure to be honest mate, what about a Corsa 1.4sri for some fun? I had one when I was about 20 and great bit of fun!

Get a clio mate

ian
adcorsa.jpg

Fiesta ST3
look round for a clio 1.2 extreme 3 my mrs bought a 54 plate last year with 38 miles on the clock inferno orange, nice alloy wheels, sebring exhaust,all on as standard from the renault dealer only payed £5400 for it..

Blue Clio 182
I'd get a dynamique, (well i did :rasp: ) if your gunna get a 1.2 i wouldnt get a campus or anything else, Dynamique is the best, I have had 2 now and i wouldnt change it for anything

al

ST on the way...
If your wanting a none Renaultsport but a sporty clio then Dynamique is the one to go for, if your wanting extra toys and luxuries then get an initiale.

Golf R
i've had a dynamique 1.2 and a corsa 1.4 twinport. the clio was by far the better car and felt just as quick as the 1.4 which was the 90bhp version.

as a first car, you'll love a clio dynamique

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
spot on advice from everyone, and i love the advert for a clio posted by ian182!
(and i do know the car pictured is a corsa by the way!)

they are awesome, get some stiffer suspension and you WILL not be dissapointed!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Clio's are great cars.............. never drove a lower speced clio but Those cars move like there's no 2morrow 2.0 sport 2003

Renault clio 1.2 16V 2004
hi mate, i got a 1.2 16v extreme 3. Nice interior, handles gr8, and quite punchy upto around 80 (for a 1.2). insurance is cheap as chips aswell, 172/182 always going to be better but unless you plan on racing around like a d**k (no offence to 172/182 drivers!) then a 1.2 has more than enuf power

Renault Clio 05' 1.2 16v
Ive got the Clio extreme 4, it comes with air con like u want and also colour coded, alloys and nice interior as standard its also 1.2 16v lol everyfin you require!

80MPG BEEZA
go for the 1.2 16v or the 1.4 clio dynamique plenty of them round to buy, you can rag them round and there almost 100% sound as a pound, i got the 1.2 and i loved it so much i cudnt get rid of it so i dropped the 2.0 into it! BUY ONE

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
get a Dynamique, Extreme 4/Campus sport are cheapo models, they have the cheap funny coloured seats which dont have the funkey headrests (dont have rear headrests at all!) no rear speakers, electric/heated mirrors, exterior temp sensor as standard these are all optional extras! yes they are colourcoded but its a shite job its not proper colour coded where its nice and smooth and shiney like the bodywork, and it shows up polish stains!

if your anywhere near central scotland i'll take you out for a blast in mine and let you see that they are capable little cars!

Black 172 Sport
I have a 1.2 Dynamique and i love it, if your only 17 then it'll be right up your street mate.

Mines black and its not bad for nippyness (sp) gets a thumbs up from me ;o)