ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What the most BHP some one has had in a clio ?

Phase 2 172 Sport
Really good read tbh with you and realised there are some abnormally quick Clio's about for what they are.

Pretty sure though that with time, money and patient's most thing's seem possible. Along with the know how and knowledge.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
LOL.

Woundered a typing error?

Jesus christ Chip, slow clap. Clown.

Looks like wondered with an extra u, so yes it looks like a typo to me.

Even if that actually is how he thinks wondered is spelt though with a random U in it, why on earth would you care enough to feel the need to point it out on a car forum?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Really good read tbh with you and realised there are some abnormally quick Clio's about for what they are.

Pretty sure though that with time, money and patient's most thing's seem possible. Along with the know how and knowledge.

Time and money can do a lot, but its a case of realising what the limitations of the original engine are though. The F4R has some fairly major design flaws (in the context of a big power engine) which mean that big power isnt very attainable in N/A form.

Phase 2 172 Sport
Time and money can do a lot, but its a case of realising what the limitations of the original engine are though. The F4R has some fairly major design flaws (in the context of a big power engine) which mean that big power isnt very attainable in N/A form.

Yeh I totally agree.

I know a few people who have spent big money on N/A Williams engines trying to get big power and there is almost a ceiling limit of what kind of power can be reached !!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeh I totally agree.

I know a few people who have spent big money on N/A Williams engines trying to get big power and there is almost a ceiling limit of what kind of power can be reached !!

Biggest issues the F4R has:
Poor bore to stroke ratio which means that piston speeds get too high at high rpm
Terrible rod ratio, the piston acceleration rates get ridiculous at high rpm
Valve sizes are not big enough, and there is a pretty limited scope to improve them by much

Also the lifter arrangement is hard to swap to solids, although can be done with plenty of money

The F7R williams engine shares the geometry issues and the valve size issues, but at least the lifters are far easily to upgrade.

emc

172 Cup
Search for Andyrg's project thread, he fitted Megane head, pistons etc to Clio bottom end. Sure I've read Fred say its possible to put the Megane engine in but gearbox is very tight fit.

Thanks, will read the thread. Was wondering how difficult it could be considering there's probably not THAT much of a difference between the two engines.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Looks like wondered with an extra u, so yes it looks like a typo to me. Even if that actually is how he thinks wondered is spelt though with a random U in it, why on earth would you care enough to feel the need to point it out on a car forum?
Because its a joke that in this day and age the Queens english cant be exercised! Its a fcking joke! Lazy is what i'd call it, i dont give a toss if it is a car forum or not!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
This is one thing that's really putting me off cliosport, what could be a decent thread turned into crap with people bickering on at eachother over silly things, its getting tedious and boring, get a life lads.

As for the OP, theres plenty of highly tuned f4R's around, If it were me I'd be running a fully forged engine on low boost, less risk and more reliable. I'd say 270-280bhp would be a nice figure for all round usability, whether it be track, daily, 1/4 mile etc.

Have a search for Owen:s, he put a 225 lump in my old ph1, worked very well apparently but I never got the opportunity to go out in it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
197 head on the 172 bottom end works really well to the lower the cr, and the pistons in the F4RT arent any better than the rubbish in an F4R anyway, so no real advantage using them.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Because its a joke that in this day and age the Queens english cant be exercised! Its a fcking joke! Lazy is what i'd call it, i dont give a toss if it is a car forum or not!

FLOL at starting that post with "because" when harping on about Queen's English. I won't correct all the apostrophes and capitals you've missed.

As long as you can read it without struggling who gives a s**t about a typo.

Rb Clio 182
God i wish there was a block button on here as i hate people like him ") Always spoils a good thread if you don't like my english or grammar please do me a favour .... Stay the F**K of my thread ") and we will all be happy now stop commenting unless it's about the thread please ")

And thank you every one for your help been very helpful .

And Chip the f4rt and f4r pistons are a little different the top of them are different ") If you search there are threads on hear about it .

And i was going to get a megane 225 low millage ;) and a low milage clio block and crank and use all the megane parts i need most Forged tho ,

Just unsure on the box atm as T.TROPHY said if you are going 300+bhp use JC5-128 DCi box and up to 300bhp use the standard clio box .

But as said before as much help as possable is welcome cheers

Rb Clio 182
I have always wanted to build a sleeper/show car ( not something with a stupid body kit and big spoilers and stupid lights ) some thing which looks like its just came out of the factory untill you open the bonnet and then you know it haven't but i want it like show room condition and done proffessionally :)

There are alot of sleeper's around where i live E.G - Corsa Vxr with a Astra Vxr engine , Mx5 with a sr20det pulsar engine ") just wanted some thing different .

Just wanted to find out what it's like running big brake in clio and what do people recon could be put in to a clio and still be driven as a daily and a tidy drive aswell ")

BMW 535d
Things like the clutch is a big factor. The helix paddle clutch is a big piece of s**t to pull away with. I had a 172 clutch in the Williams and hated driving in traffic. Stalling all the time. I went to get the tracking done on it once and the berks at the tracking place could NOT drive it. Took me to drive in onto the bloody tracking machine after 20 attempts.

Power isntalways there dont forget, There will be temptation 24/7 to gun it though, So responisve, no lag really and boom you are doing 110mph. SO really I wouldnt go much higher than 250 for a daily. Maybe with a special little button that tips it over the edge?

182 Turbo
really.....

Well kinda, I mean obviously it has an intercooler and the wastegate noise (don't have a DV) it doesn't look anything special,

c3416e31.jpg

And wag I know exactly what you mean about the clutch, I've got a helix 4 paddle and it's a ***** lol, although I have absolutely no problem driving it now, just like anything u get used to it, I've even perfected holding the car on an incline with the clutch, which is fking hard lol!

Mind you, I jumped in my mums 1.2 clio the other day and found myself pulling away at 5000rpm rofl, can't drive normal cars now!!

Rb Clio 182
Still unsure what to aim for as i wont be doing silly miles a month in it just on the odd occasion i would be using it ")

BMW 535d
Go all out then. I wanted more than 283 from mine by the end. Do it properly the first time and you wont regret it