ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what other engines will fit in a MK2 PH2 clio

Clio 1.2L16V MK2 PH2
Hiya guys,
I want to put a better engine into my 1.2L, 16V, 51 reg, MK2, PH2, Clio-Expression and i was wondering if i could fit a V6 engine into it or something similar.
Also can anybody tell me if i would be able to fit a Honda V-Tec engine in it. if you can then which one would be the best, performance-wise, and also that would fit nicely.
Any infomation would be greatly appreiciated!

How big is your imagination and budget?

Whatever route you go down is going to cost you, so how much do you want to pay?

Buy a CTR

big boost cup
depends how much wedge you have. there has been a TT lump, Cossie lump or the sport engine in the non sport

07 Campus Sport 1.2
if you put a more powerful engine in, youd need to uprate a lot of the stuff already on the car, a 1.2 isnt built to deal with high power and torque, knowing renault build quality the subframes would probably collapse so youd need to do all that too. really not worth it, save up, sell your clio, and buy a car thats designed with a vtec! or buy an rs!

Clio 1.2L16V MK2 PH2
well i was kinda hoping it would just be a case of putting a V6 in and off i go :p lol... can you give me a guestimate of how much it would set me back if i wanted a V6 in it???

Suzuki Jimny
Yeah. That sounds like a cheap and easy option.

1.2 still on da log booik sow cheep ensurence. Etc.

07 Campus Sport 1.2
take the value of your car, and add a zero to the end and thats probably how much it'll cost you, and afterwards itll be worth naff all

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
well i was kinda hoping it would just be a case of putting a V6 in and off i go :p lol... can you give me a guestimate of how much it would set me back if i wanted a V6 in it???

If you could do it yourself then maybe, but you sound like you have absolutley no idea, so it will all have to be done by someone else.

Start at the price you could buy a decent CTR for, and go from there.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im not starting any baiting here but maybe speak to someone whose had it done already (vickyx)

Why would you bother doing that when 3k would buy you a 172 and sell yours for insurance? Its utter lunacy

Milltek'd clio 182
ive seen a mk 1 clio with a cosworth engine, init running at 400bhp, the whole car had to be altered even the panels right down to the boot, an that was a 97 reg, an went for 10 grand, depends on what your budget, but if you can drop a v6 init, i would love to come and have a look. drop a williams init that be good

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Love to see (And hear) a clio with a 2J... *drool*

Personally the costs of implementing any of this on a daily (Assuming it's a daily) would not be worth it, you would have to replace pretty much everything on the car not to mention the insurance, extra fuel for the engine, servicing, the reliability you get from DIY.

Keep saving the pennies and treat yourself to a full car chief

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Im pretty sure Renault done a Clio V6 at somepoint? This thread is retarded, sorry.

Yeah okay. I think a few more of us would have heard of that mate. It wouldn't even fit in the front, they would have to put it in the back you r****d!

wow thankyou for brightening my day, you know what makes your car even quicker then putting a front mounted v6 in it? driving it off a cliff with you in it, now take your utter incompetence away from this thread and put it to some good use, like an audition for the jeremy kyle show. pfftt

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You theene' my batheball?

30555-24020.gif

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
That isnt lbrench in my avatar, thats some other feckless gobshite that crashed on his way to buying Megane coilovers, what of it?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
wow thankyou for brightening my day, you know what makes your car even quicker then putting a front mounted v6 in it? driving it off a cliff with you in it, now take your utter incompetence away from this thread and put it to some good use, like an audition for the jeremy kyle show. pfftt

Easy now.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I love threads like this and every car forum gets them. "I've got a 1.2 and I want to fit twin turbos to it"
Putting different manufacturers engines into cars will cost you a lot of time and money but if you are serious I'd recommend doing lots of research and learning some basics. Once this is done sort things the proper way on your car - brakes and suspension first not just a huge motor....or indeed just buy a standard renault sport and save money.
Prior to that happening go back to watching fast and furious.