ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is THE best single game you've ever bought and why?

F82 M4
Just to check, how many of you lot have actually NOT played either Half Life or Half Life 2?

I have a few mates who have never heard of them (console fags). It makes me sad that they have never experienced the game that revolutionised gaming into the way it is today. IMO, COD probably wouldn't even exist if there was no Half Life, Half Life showed the world and other game developers what games and technology are actually capable of.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Half-life, stayed in the top 10 games for years and various decent mods where made from it along with other 'source' spins off along the way, epic.

Arctic Blue 182ff
The game I spent the most time playing, ever, to complete to 100% was GTA3. I'm pretty sure it almost ruined my life :)

Gran Tourismo? PMSL. OK if that's how we're rolling, I choose Peggle.

When the first one came out it was amazing, I couldn't believe anything could look so real. Granted I said the same about Driver, and that looks like raw dog penis now.

oh, and its Gran Turismo. Serial.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Halo.

But then Halo 2 because it had online play!

Then Halo 3 was f*cking epic too!

Now, Halo Reach - its just fantastic!!!

Black 172 PH2
Shenmue (Dreamcast) - One of those games that pushed things forward, and I loved every minute of it.
Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast) , the first worldwide online console game. Such addictive game play, lost many hours to this game.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Goldeneye... amazing in one player as well as multiplayer. Still get the urge to play it to this day.

Read a poll somewhere about this question also and Half Life 2 won it, I must play that at some point, I loved the first one and it's extensions.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just to check, how many of you lot have actually NOT played either Half Life or Half Life 2?

I have a few mates who have never heard of them (console fags). It makes me sad that they have never experienced the game that revolutionised gaming into the way it is today. IMO, COD probably wouldn't even exist if there was no Half Life, Half Life showed the world and other game developers what games and technology are actually capable of.

Surely games like doom, duke nukem and star wars dark forces started that type of game though?

Ph 1 172
FF7. Counterstrike, half-life, gta San Andreas and gt3 would be my selection o and alex the kid on master system

frozen white clio172
mw2, my mrs wanted to split up over it.
i dont mean to laugh mate but i was with my ex for 11years along came MW2 and constant 12months of gaming she left me for a married man lol
there was a bonus out of it i got into the top 20 ranks in the world, i no longer play games as i'm concentratin on my nursing course :-(

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
FFVII without a doubt, everything about it was and is awesome.
Then probably Enemy Territory imo still the greatest online multi-player shooter. almost failed my 2nd year of university because of this game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, FFVII is amazingly good.

I so missed the boat with that one. And the sole reason why I still have my PS1 packed up in a rucksack somewhere in meaning to play it!

Start off all eager to go. Disc access and some rambling story about a spikey-haired deewarf with a big weapon. Plenty of disc access. Compulsory side-kick gets machine-gun upgrade. Fight a few battles - machine-gun guy missing targets 10ft in front of him. More disc access. Not really got a scooby-do what the hell is going on. Bit more disc access. Switch off console.

I've gone through that procedure about half a dozen times and get frustrated with myself that I just don't get into the game at all. I know it's epic - I remember my m8 pouring hours and hours into it on release. But a bit like footy management games - I just don't think the FF series is for me.

D.

RS Clio 182
Bioshock.

But completing my best ever would be stuff like :

Half-Life 2
Buggy Boy
Gran Turismo
Pro Evolution Soccer (ive played this series more than anything else ever)
TOCA 2
Sonic 2
Mario Kart (even though i never owned it or a Nintendo)
Command & Conquer : Red Alert
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil

A SHED!
resident evil, doom, killzone 2- recently ruined by 3. uncharted series, street fighter series, old mortal kombats,onimushas, assassin creeds and double dragon...lol. too many to pick from. killzone is probably the longest played game i had, playing in a clan etc. i still have doom for ps1.