ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is THE best single game you've ever bought and why?

2014 Focus Titanium
Just to check, how many of you lot have actually NOT played either Half Life or Half Life 2?

I have a few mates who have never heard of them (console fags). It makes me sad that they have never experienced the game that revolutionised gaming into the way it is today. IMO, COD probably wouldn't even exist if there was no Half Life, Half Life showed the world and other game developers what games and technology are actually capable of.

This man speaks the god damn truth! Half Life > all. MASSIVELY.

Got so many to choose, couldn't possibly choose one -

Pokemon (wasted many hours on the gameboy)
World of Warcraft (Again wasted so many hours)
Starcraft 2 (Never got to experience 1 but play this for hours on end)
Football manager (Any of them, spend hundreds of hours per year on it)
Shenmue (WOW! Probably have to be my pick if I had to choose)
Counterstrike (played at a high level, was in a division 1 team on Enemydown)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For me, it's GT3:A-Spec on the PS2.

Spent three years with that hooked up to a Logitech FF wheel taking part in online racing leagues (submitting replays for race performance verification).

Never been into driving to any degree before GT3 came along, learned a lot from taking part in the league, then my wife bought me a trackday, and I've been 100% addicted to trackdays and just driving in general ever since.

All because of GT3!

Clio 182, BMW 645
Has to be CS for me. I would hate to think of the years lost playing it. And then the years lost playing source too....

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Too many to mention!
Mine + reasons.

Counter Strike 1.6 - Very addictive. Said to myself ill only play a few rounds, and several hours later will still be playing. Huge fan base, lots of available content to spruce your game up if needed. One of the greatest, if not THE greatest online FPS of all time.

Half Life + Half Life 2 - Again, as others have said, revolutionary games, both of them. Played through both numerous times, and still find a different way of playing them, and use different tactics. Waiting for a 3rd installment, but doesnt look to be anytime soon!

Dare I say it, Portal, and I am very much looking forward to Portal 2 - Mainly because its different. I love Valves games, including TF2. But this stood out, mainly because its different, no one has ever made a game like this, and no-one has ever made a puzzle game so much fun IMHO. Thouroughly enjoyed numerous playthroughs, and looking forward to number 2 as it looks Epic!