ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

I ordered 3M car shampoo and glass cleaner on saturday, arrived yesterday. I couldn't resist at that price.

I've only used the glass cleaner so far and its pretty good.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
More detailing bits up for sale;
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...washing-bits-and-pieces&p=9264137#post9264137

Dodo Juice clearly menthol glass cleaner
Rain-X windscreen water repellent
Zaino Z6 quick detailing spray
P21's pre wax cleanser
Auto Finesse Hide leather cleaner
Auto Finesse satin tyre dressing
Auto finesse Toughcoat spray sealant
Auto finesse Power Seal sealant
Auto Finesse Tough prep paint cleanser
Auto Finesse Spirit wax
Zymol Glasur wax
GTechniq C2 spray sealant

Megane R26
Scissor Lift is next for me, to save my poor back from any more abuse. Some Detailers who have been at it for 10 years are really struggling with their backs now!

Clio sport 182
awaiting my order for this wenesday :approve:

Auto Finesse lather Shampoo
Auto Finesse Bug remover
Auto Finesse Iron out
Auto Finesse Glue & Tar remover
Tyre applicator
and a good old sweet shop air freshener

love the Auto Finesse Range :cool:

Not a 320d
Does anyone get to the point where they own literally everything they possibly want and need?

The single item I dont own is megs degreaser. I have everything else. Even a f**king electric metro vac dryer. Anything I buy now that I dont own is purely self indulgence.

i really want AF desire.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone get to the point where they own literally everything they possibly want and need?

The single item I dont own is megs degreaser. I have everything else. Even a f**king electric metro vac dryer. Anything I buy now that I dont own is purely self indulgence.

i really want AF desire.

I use about 20%, keep 30% just incase (in case of what? I don't know. Start a detailing business? TooDamnEclectic!)
And about 50% just sits on the shelf looking pretty.

Once one product gets superseded I seldom use it again.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Hey, I was hoping some of you guys would help me with all this stuff as I have little knowledge on this subject.
I have just bought a Storm Grey 200 Cup and I have never washed a car properly before! I have been doing a lot of researching in regards to technique and what products to get.
I have been on I4D and have come up with this list. I thought before I buy it all, I should ask on here for some advice.

ScreenShot2013-01-23at155712_zpsaf2d888d.png

Does this look like a good selection of kit to start with?
Any advice on this be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
  SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
I was thinking for now that I would just leave the paint how it is, and just focus on keeping the existing wax/sealant in good condition over the rest of winter. Then in the summer I will buy a cleanser and clay when I strip it all off and start again.
Is that about right, or is there a better way of doing things?
Thanks

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I was thinking for now that I would just leave the paint how it is, and just focus on keeping the existing wax/sealant in good condition over the rest of winter. Then in the summer I will buy a cleanser and clay when I strip it all off and start again.
Is that about right, or is there a better way of doing things?
Thanks

Without a cleanser etc the durability of the sealant/wax will be majorly effected.

Clart I get my Tardis on ebay.

Where can i buy a litre or so of g101 / tardis?

People should technically warn you away from eBay for this sort of product, mainly due to postage issues/danger. Hence PolishedBliss sell the tin cans of 5l capacity of Tardis.

However, buy off eBay, type it in, best cash price etc

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at buying a load of 50ml sample pots, then taking a nice 40ml sample out for myself and selling off my waxes. Im not going to finish all the pots however i can't seem to find the will to get rid of them all and not be able to use them at some point!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking at buying a load of 50ml sample pots, then taking a nice 40ml sample out for myself and selling off my waxes. Im not going to finish all the pots however i can't seem to find the will to get rid of them all and not be able to use them at some point!

List of waxes mate. Great idea by the way.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Auto Finesse Rejuvenate or Werkstat Prime

Fair shout mate. Go for rejuvenate, works better via machine and has a few fillers.

I'm back loving lime prime. It's such a superb product via machine but you need to watch the oils.

Rejuvenate by hand is good. Imo they are 2 different cleansers. Check out my sticky mate on cleansers.

Danny: Looks ok to me but I'd choose megs endurance trye gel, get some 30l buckets from B&Q for £5 each and those foam applicators are not very good.
You can get the same one's from china and you get 12 for about £2. Get a nice applicator for waxing and use the chinese ones for trim and tyres.

Edit: have a look at these exactly the same as the cyc ones but much better value for money.

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Fair shout mate. Go for rejuvenate, works better via machine and has a few fillers.

I'm back loving lime prime. It's such a superb product via machine but you need to watch the oils.

Rejuvenate by hand is good. Imo they are 2 different cleansers. Check out my sticky mate on cleansers.

Rejuvenate is my favourite Af product, used by hand and machine and think it's fantastic, don't even use my prime or DJ lime prime anymore.

I like the sound of 50ml pots, I want to try a few more waxes.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I think if i can get enough people interested and the admins were ok with it i may start doing a samples thread. Like on DW, ill be doing it profitless (except from the small sample i take from the product) therefore people will be able to try a variety of products at a much cheaper price.

It would benefit the beginners as they can try the higher priced products cheaper and then hopefully realise why it is worth paying the extra. It would probably be prudent to stay away from auto finesse products due to them being the sponsors however if it comes to anything then i can always speak to them!

Out of interest if people are interested in samples, what sort of things would they be looking for?

Individual samples
Waxes
Chemicals
Kits

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
I think if i can get enough people interested and the admins were ok with it i may start doing a samples thread. Like on DW, ill be doing it profitless (except from the small sample i take from the product) therefore people will be able to try a variety of products at a much cheaper price.

It would benefit the beginners as they can try the higher priced products cheaper and then hopefully realise why it is worth paying the extra. It would probably be prudent to stay away from auto finesse products due to them being the sponsors however if it comes to anything then i can always speak to them!

Out of interest if people are interested in samples, what sort of things would they be looking for?

Individual samples
Waxes
Chemicals
Kits

I personally wouldn't bother unless you're going to advertise them on DW as well. Don't think there is enough of us that'll be interested just on CS.

Only had 2 interested in me breaking up my Glasur, and a few claiming they were too expensive when they would have been at cost plus P&P.