ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A soft brush is key mate. That's what really brings the pile back. Really a wet/dry vac and an oven is best followed by a nice brush. The Raceglaze or SV brush are ideal.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't but it would clean the hell out them.

I like Fairy Liquid. Very hard to clean Alcantara imo.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have both the swissvax brush and the race glaze one, buth magic on leather, thought they'd be a bit tough on alcantara tbh but I'll give it a whirl. They also need a shave too, I see that Russ uses a machine I need to find out what it is.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yes. Those bobble off machines are fool proof mate. Transformed the Frp seats. About £5 of ebay.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good man. :) Need to give mine a fluff up, alcantara is always a ballache.

Merc
Bilt Hamber soft and regular clay (2x 200g bars)
Auto Finesse Tripple
Collinite 476

I bought the Collinite after reading good comments on this thread. Any tips or tricks on the application of this for a noob or is it straight forward?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's better, but better over a bare clran surface

You can use it with tripple but you wont get the full 6 months durability, as it reacts with the wax in tripple, with 476s being a hybrid

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
right lads, taking my engine out in a few weeks for a new one, i fancy polishing all the aircon , boost, engine mounts ect. what cutting compound/polishing compound do you's recommend ?

metal twins seems to have a good review

BMW E46 330i Touring
Just took advantage of the AF 3 for 2 and ordered some Mercury, Tripple and a finishing pad. That, plus a 3m spot pad for £27, bargain.

RS6 C7
Stocking up well for the summer!

AF imperial
AF Tough coat
AF Total
AF Clay
AF Iron out (usually use iron x but with 3 for 2 on AF at PB it's a decent saving!)
AF Revitalise Kit (expensive but seems to have most of what i was looking to buy in one kit )
Meguiar's wash mitt
Raceglaze brush set
Meguiar's applicator pads x 2
10 microfibre's
2 of the PB wash buckets (wanted the grit guard one's but the description and price led me to purchase these instead)

I picked a few other bits up at Autosport in Jan that I'm yet to try, Including some AF desire wax, Also have a tiny pot of "CAR SPUNK" that a mate picked up for me at Top gear so might give that a go.

Hopefully next weekend is this sunny!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've not used it before and one pot will probably last me forever, but my diesel exhaust needs a shine up!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Stocking up well for the summer!

AF imperial
AF Tough coat
AF Total
AF Clay
AF Iron out (usually use iron x but with 3 for 2 on AF at PB it's a decent saving!)
AF Revitalise Kit (expensive but seems to have most of what i was looking to buy in one kit )
Meguiar's wash mitt
Raceglaze brush set
Meguiar's applicator pads x 2
10 microfibre's
2 of the PB wash buckets (wanted the grit guard one's but the description and price led me to purchase these instead)

I picked a few other bits up at Autosport in Jan that I'm yet to try, Including some AF desire wax, Also have a tiny pot of "CAR SPUNK" that a mate picked up for me at Top gear so might give that a go.

Hopefully next weekend is this sunny!

Not to annoy you but with the 241 offer you can get the revitalise kit for £63 just without the box and pad prime. May be worth cancelling the order and re ordering?

Nice haul though!

RS6 C7
Not to annoy you but with the 241 offer you can get the revitalise kit for £63 just without the box and pad prime. May be worth cancelling the order and re ordering?

Nice haul though!
Why didn't I think of that!

Iv'e always been partial to a bit of box though ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
only bits would be the box, pad prime, tape, couple of microfibres and spurring brush.

ordering all the pads and polishes separately ypu can get them for 52 if added in the right order. it doesnt just take the cheapest items off automatically

Clio 182, Astra Sri
The af polishes could be cack, I for one am going to wait a bit longer till I see some people using and reviewing it

The likes of menzerna, meguiars and 3m have been around for years. I'd like to see how af have approached this market

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah I was thinking the same tbh. I've become a big fan of AutoFinesse but polishes are a funny market and it's only their first foray into it. I've no doubt they'll be very good and I'm confident they would have waited until they were right before releasing, but a lot of people have spent a lot of money in the last few days on them.

Brilliant marketing to be fair. Witnessed previously through Dodo Juice and GTechniq, AutoFinesse seem to have gone one step further.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not so sure they are doing spot pads, I read on DW that it is something they may consider in the future, to me that is quite a downfall to their system as there is only so much a standard pad do!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Odd decision not to release both together but maybe they'll wait and see how popular the range becomes. Wouldn't surprise me if a branded machine, etc follows in future.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Working on spot pads when I asked James. Have ordered pads as I preferred the flat pad to the hex in the end. Can see the polishes either working well with the kit or not at all.

Im sure give it a few months and the for sale section will start to be filled with people getting carried away with the 3for2 . Its what I'm waiting for anyway