ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Inferno 225 cup
Gearbox on the way out. Car is rusting badly, paintwork is shocking, bumpers tatty etc. just calling it quits as its time to get a car with an interior. And that I fit in without modification. Looking at civic type r ep3
Not strip and track?

Replace parts over period of time?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Fitted a new manifold to cat gasket kit and gave it a wash...before the rain started!

On the plus side it no longer makes stupid noises when accelerating!

fitted this........utter b*****d of a job!
D22B3A4B-7AC6-44C4-9B61-641892844D79_zpsbmybazon.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Replaced both track rod ends. Step dad says they were the worst he has ever seen. Tbh they were shocking!!! However car is still making a horrible noise, probably the front wheel bearing

Clio 172 Phase 2
After fitting cooksport springs, new front shocks, pure motorsport top mounts, spacers all round, oil & coolant change the last couple of weeks, tonight just went for a blast, soooo good. ☺☺☺

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ordered a brand new power steering pump from renault parts direct....only one started squeaking in France two weeks ago.

Iceberg PH1 172
Recently its had.
New Brembo discs and pads up front.
Mintex Discs/Pads/Bearings/Rings on the rear.

Last week it had.
New Mobil 1 Dot 4 Brake fluid.
HEL Braided Brake Lines x 4
EVOL Engineering Yellow Dogbone.
New thermostat.

On order.
New upper gbox mount to hopefully kill some vibrations from the Evol mount.

Next month.
New Cup shocks all around and Eibach springs. :)

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
looked at it, considered selling or breaking............... lost motivation for now. not moved in over 2 weeks now, need another trackday to remotivate me

1.2 16v Dynamique
Nice to see someone else with a PB 1.2. Personally I'd lose the Sport badge though :wink:

I'd lose the Halfords 'Sport' badge and the sport decals too mate. The positioning of the CS.net sticker would drive me insane as well!

When I bought the car off of the previous keeper the sports badge was already on there, I mainly kept it on there as it became a running joke at college haha, I am planning on taking it off soon, just not quite sure how I would go about it?

I love my little Dynamique, my friends take the piss out of me for it but its my little baby :p

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
When I bought the car off of the previous keeper the sports badge was already on there, I mainly kept it on there as it became a running joke at college haha, I am planning on taking it off soon, just not quite sure how I would go about it?

I love my little Dynamique, my friends take the piss out of me for it but its my little baby :tongueout:
Of course, if you like it then keep it. If you want to remove it then pour some tar remover on there, let it sit for 5 minutes, get some fishing wire and go in behind the badge. It's only glued on.
Buff all the residue off after.

Let your friends take the piss mate, they're cracking little cars to be fair.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Mine is my baby too! Have a look here :smile:

Just pull, using even force on both sides very slowly.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/776199

I will have a looksy! and I might do it later (Whilst I am hoovering the car)

Of course, if you like it then keep it. If you want to remove it then pour some tar remover on there, let it sit for 5 minutes, get some fishing wire and go in behind the badge. It's only glued on.
Buff all the residue off after.

Let your friends take the piss mate, they're cracking little cars to be fair.

I agree with you entirely, they may take the piss but I love the car a hell of a lot, I would be sad to lose it.
I have some wire in the garage so I will go hunting for some, thanks guys :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I will have a looksy! and I might do it later (Whilst I am hoovering the car)

I agree with you entirely, they may take the piss but I love the car a hell of a lot, I would be sad to lose it.
I have some wire in the garage so I will go hunting for some, thanks guys :smile:
What do they drive?

1.2 16v Dynamique
What do they drive?
Fiat Punto
Vauxhall Corsa
One has an Focus St (finance)
We do have another clio driver, but his is falling apart so he is looking at getting a new one soon.

tbh I dont really care that they take the piss, I love my car at the end of the day

1.2 16v Dynamique
Does your mate know FIAT stands for 'Fix It Again Tomorrow'?
Corsa.. I don't need to say anything.

ST's are alright though to be fair.
The FIATs powered steering went so he had to fork out £500+ to fix that alone
Corsa is a Corsa, no more needed

The ST is a really nice car, very quick, scared me a lot when I first got into it with him driving!

Clio with a body kit
Picked it up from the body shop. Had a few little marks that were hidden when I got the car sorted plus some stone chips on the bumper touched in. Decided I'm going to leave it as long as possible before getting the front resprayed.
Here's the worst. I new it was there but didn't want the extra sill protector.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Im very happy with how it's came back.

BG 182 FF
My ultraleggeras arrived Tuesday, all the way from Italy after being held up at Calais... turns out they sent me the wrong size. FUUUUUUUUU.