ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The (slow) changes of my BG 182

Just thought I'd start a thread showing the changes I have/will be doing to my car since I've owned it, which was at the start of January this year.
Firsth thing was 4 new tyres all round, hankook s1 evo's were the choice.
Then I fitted new Bosch aero blades as mine were torn up.
3D9CED11-3515-4445-A90C-F76DF0008E2D_zpsvojo5vye.jpg

That's when I got it cleaned the first day it was back home.

And then last night me and a friend manged to fit a BMC carbon induction kit off his cupra 280 which was crashed into (part was never fitted to the car ) and this is the result:
F6A39A06-6323-40B0-8C1A-7F481270E5AD_zpsttihenla.jpg

699E6CB6-7F44-45A4-9456-D730A0BEF544_zpskav7g2ax.jpg

Think it fits rather well and sounds much throatier too!

And then we did this for no major reason other than 'yolo' unfortunately.
42BEFEDC-EAB7-4171-8216-85CBEFC52CE0_zpsbslu6tcx.jpg

Cleaned up the metal work underneath before fitting the carbon effect wrapped cover back! Not the best work but only a first attempt!

And now I'm waiting for some new lights to be delivered. A new license plate led light, a pair of yellow SMD LED fog lights & a pair of bright led side lights to match my xenons. Should be here next week.

So today I finally got my clio back from the garage
My car was in to have a squeak it had been suffering with since I had got it looked at, the source was found to be something slipping or being loose on the front left pad, so both front pads and discs were changed (needed doing anyway) and I had the high top mount looked at, as well as new led side lights fitted! Old -
06CEC84E-B837-437C-B3F6-06BE06E22D32_zpseo5rgbo3.jpg

New side lights -
A33FB733-2007-48CC-93EE-CDE0B2903493_zps0oqmpx2v.jpg

I feel they match with the xenons much better. I'll take some more pics later when it's darker!

Last edited:
This is the top mount that was changed last week. Bare in mind the car is on a kerb on this side hence why it is a bit wonky. ( atleast that's the reason I think it like that anyways haha)
00AEC3DF-8C62-4685-A515-DE76ADF71035_zpsrma47ibs.jpg

Old one flush to the metal
945B7CE3-9462-4C78-8223-AD14E87544E5_zpskkxlemuz.jpg

yh im going to go out a bit later on and see how they are in the dark! yh ive seen a few people on here do that, dont think i will be doing it though!
now waiting for my fogs and license bulb to get here -_-

Well, finally got the fogs fitted. Albeit only one as one of the bulbs was dead on arrival -_- but another is being sent out to me
E08563EE-44B7-484D-A5FB-1F83CFCD40D8_zps1fcptlwn.jpg

This below is me and a friend the other night, his 1.2 extreme was no match ;)
26230681-45DA-4F2B-ABC4-D2ECCEF05038_zpsn49vq6xs.jpg

Can't wait to get the other one in when it arrives.

many things have happened since i last posted on here!
firstly, managed to get the second yellow fog in and both now work.
i got a new license plate bulb, and LED one which looks good! also ordered carbon effect steering and dash inserts and a fabia splitter!
the splitter has not been fitted as of yet though.
2 weeks ago though, my alternator packed in and my car wouldnt start! managed to get it going and nursed it to my local garage, and following a 10 day (!!!!!!!) wait for the parts including a new fan belt tensioner, it was finally all fixed and is no good!
the only downside to this is that i think which the battery being unplugged and the ecu being possibly mucked around with on accouint of the electrical malfunction, my car has lost its supposed remap from the last owner! i can tell it isnt the same! not as respionsive down low and doesnt quite get the same speed in the gears as it did! for example i now only hit 62 in second before i have to shift, whereas before i could comfortably get 65 in 2nd gear :/
going to be looking at a de-cat exhaust system and 172 cup shocks and cooksport springs, as well as a re-map and maybe a pop&bang one ;)