ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serious misfire!

monaco 172
Hi guys. My 172 now sounds like a Scooby..

I just ran a quick scan with a cheap reader and I'm getting p0141 fault code.

I thought this was related to the rear lambda sensor which doesnt affect fueling?

Was expecting to see an injector misfire fault code.

I've checked the plugs and leads which seem fine and the front lambda is an almost new Bosch unit.

Anything else to check which could relate to that code. I know It needs live data but I don't think there's any competent Renault mechanics near me who would have clip.

PH2 172
Hi guys. My 172 now sounds like a Scooby..

I just ran a quick scan with a cheap reader and I'm getting p0141 fault code.

I thought this was related to the rear lambda sensor which doesnt affect fueling?

Was expecting to see an injector misfire fault code.

I've checked the plugs and leads which seem fine and the front lambda is an almost new Bosch unit.

Anything else to check which could relate to that code. I know It needs live data but I don't think there's any competent Renault mechanics near me who would have clip.

Swap them round.
If you get the same code, it will be a wiring fault.

monaco 172
Sorted. Rear lambda wasn't plugged in from when I fit my new cat last week.

Strange as I was always under the impression that the rear sensor doesn't effect the running of the car. I ran my old 182 without a rear sensor plugged in for years, but that did have an rs tuner map on it if that makes a difference