ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 172
4100s with race spec springs, just been out and Jesus wept it harsh on the road, that's with full soft damping all round. I felt sick when I got back, lol.

Nice, waiting on my 5100 with adjustable top mounts to be dispatched lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2002 172
My first little purchase has arrived today.

Floor mats to go in as well as gear gaiter, headlight washers and the infamous boot trim screw that I couldn’t find! Not much but a nice start to my time with the 172!

Attachments

• 03BFEAA5-B500-45DD-8391-5983FEDF18EB.jpeg
    03BFEAA5-B500-45DD-8391-5983FEDF18EB.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 118
  BMW 320d SE
Replaced my led sidelight bulbs as one was flickering on and off, with regular bulbs. Found out, whilst I was down there, that my headlight motor had become disconnected in the passenger side headlight. That would explain why for months I’d thought that the headlights were crap!

Clio 172 ph2
Dropped the car of today at c&c exhausts Hillington to get decat and custom backbox fitted[emoji2].

BMW 320d SE
I’ve had the Clio making an awful squealing noise from the front for the last few weeks. Traced it to the front driver’s wheel area. Took the wheel off and found this:
Pretty sure you’re not supposed to be able to see the actual ball bearings in the wheel bearing!

Attachments

• C1CFF95E-6B35-419A-B1AB-379FDC4ADCD1.jpeg
    C1CFF95E-6B35-419A-B1AB-379FDC4ADCD1.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 115
I’ve had the Clio making an awful squealing noise from the front for the last few weeks. Traced it to the front driver’s wheel area. Took the wheel off and found this:
Pretty sure you’re not supposed to be able to see the actual ball bearings in the wheel bearing!
Get those rings changed as well whilst you're at it, lol.

BMW 320d SE
Finally took the 182 to Rentech yesterday after weeks of putting up with a grinding, squealing wheel bearing and ABS rings that were making the ABS cut in every time I stopped. Ended up as a pricey day out though; two ABS rings, two front wheel bearings and a near side front spring as my old one had snapped. :disrelieved:

Clio 172
Clip back together after having AST 5100 and adjustable top mounts fitted inc. northloopcup modified hubs, along with a PMS strengthened rear axle and PMS bearing conversion.

200 RS 2010
Renault dust caps, Renault badge black covers, plugged in and checked odb2 sensor works and syncs with my phone, new 12v to 2x usb plugged in and wired to my phone using new air vent phone holder, put tyres to correct 34/31 pressure, filled screen wash and water, filled tank with sainsburys super unleaded £55, washed alloys, altered all the stereo setting for bass, treble, fade, etc so its all driver focused, reset all old trip data and collected new Heko wind deflectors, centre caps and black wheel bolts to fit tomorrow.

Iceberg PH1 172
Finally got it back on the road with fresh MOT after the best part of a year.
It was back in the garage a day later for an unknown knocking noise which turned out to be a part loose hubnut on the drivers front wheel.... Not too pleased about that.

Then yesterday i managed to crack the windscreen while removing an old air freshener from the rear view mirror..
IMG_20171105_114215.jpg
Pissed is an understatement...

In other news shes just clocked 77777 miles today..
IMG_20171105_091303.jpg

And looks clean again for now :)

IMG_20171105_114339.jpg

Still needs rear exhaust mount swapping for new, oil pressure switch renewing, and 1000 other jobs...

Monaco 172
Decided to replace my broken rear wiper arm, visited and scrappy broke all 4 i tried to take off ffs... I've got a wiper puller as well but they were all seized solid. So i need to stop being tight and buy one from Renault i think.

I did pick up non sport door pulls and hazard switch panel for a fiver. not a bad price considering I've now got spare window switches and a spare mirror switch.

200 RS 2010
Picked up new headlight bulbs, went to 2 garages who told me it was a bumper off only job, they'd charge me for a full hours labour, then the bloke in a Halfords autocentre change the pair in under 20 minutes for £15! Got lots of "hmmmmmm french cars" comments (in a bad way)

Just picked my car up from EFI after having 197 cams, EPAS, PMS top mounts, black poly bushes to wishones, inner/outer ARB , also had the aircon deleted.

Feels like a totally different car now and the performance is night and day over the OE cams and map. Revs its nuts off all the way to 7.5k rpm without dropping off. Will be testing it at Oulton next Saturday but i think the mods will make a huge difference, coupled to my recent fitting of ASTs.

Big thanks to Carl aka @bloke for his awesome work, he always kept me up to date on the progress and his standard of work is spot on . I'd highly recommend him to anyone for work on the 1*2. Also a big thanks to Chris at EFI for the excellent mapping of the car.
2017-11-11 18.31.38.png

Last edited:
  200 RS 2010
Got up at 7 am and had a 2 hour drive around the Mendip hills and Cheddar gorge enjoying the hell out of my 200. It's the dirtiest I've ever made a car lol wash day tomorrow:laughing: