ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 182 Trophy
Booked it in to get the decat fitted... and put up a wanted add for a normal cat as I can already imagine what's going to happen [emoji23]

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Changed the 8.8 tensile bolts holding my seat brackets to the subframe with 12.9 tensile strength, fitted an extinguisher under the passenger seat, removed the bolt hole hasp from end of harness straps on driver side, undid the webbing and fixed the harness to the roll bar cage with aid of a 3 bar slider - this to change away from fixing the rear harness straps to a bolt in the floorpan

All this on advice from members of this Club

Cheers Guys :smile: (not aware of any female member assists as yet- I live in hope)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Gave it a Hoover after the grass that entered it at CSF.

Oh and took the wife out in it for afternoon tea, she wasn't impressed...[emoji23]

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Took me preferred route home this morning as the road works have finished. It's has a nice little country stretch which is now beautifully smooth black top and great at 4.30am[emoji16]

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Spent the day with @Dr Jekyll in London taking pictures of the car.

Great day and a fantastic chap.

One of Mark's many pictures. :cool:

36797281626_c71734cf0a_b.jpg
IMG-20170902-WA0010 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

BMW 320d SE
Changed the antiroll bar drop link on the wife's Mondeo after I heard it snap driving down the pavement off a driveway. Cost less than a tenner and took less than an hour to fit so not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Cup
More of a weekend project, Friday eve had 4 new Uniroyal rainspout 3's fitted. Saturday was a hoover and wash with a quick polish. Checked fluids and various bits and pieces. Today, compete in an Autosolo. Ended up 3rd in class after dicing with another 172 cup all day.

Will copy and paste this final bit in another thread but have had intermittent problems with the squiggly line fault light and the car holding 2000rpm.
Had clean out the pedal box and thought it had cured it, but today it was going into limp every time i used it. So i decided to strip the throttle body off and give it a clean, this turned out to be a big mistake as upon refitting the car held 3000rpm and then spluttered. It then cleared and idled perfectly for around 3 mins then 3000rpm again. Stripped it off again and slightly bent the pins that the plug goes into, put it all back and phew it worked. The car performed faultlessly for the rest of the day.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The massively time consuming bumper light swap out earlier on. Tbh, the original picture doesn't really show just how yellow and discoloured the original lens got.

Nice swap-out for a couple of quid and about ten seconds of effort. Clearly needs another damn wash too!

upload_2017-9-7_14-35-33.png

upload_2017-9-7_14-36-15.png

danterzza

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
30695b1345840697822a6e96910c095f.jpg

Took it into work to fit some Jon Foz lowered seat mounts and bleed the brakes after cooking them on the last night rack day.

Bloody hell bleeding the brakes was a nightmare. I made 100% sure I kept the master cylinder topped up but air got in somehow lol, too ages to bleed.

In the end checked online and there are loads of clio sport threads with people in the same position, good, glad I ain't the only one.

Had to borrow this from next door.

acdbc4dc39777a92845631c8f7ce1ce2.jpg

Then took it for a blast and got the abs kicking in and then bled it again, finally the pedal started to firm up nicely.

On the plus side I did no actual work apart from messing about with my own car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The massively time consuming bumper light swap out earlier on. Tbh, the original picture doesn't really show just how yellow and discoloured the original lens got.

Nice swap-out for a couple of quid and about ten seconds of effort. Clearly needs another damn wash too!

View attachment 1333960

View attachment 1333966

I did this two... and within a few weeks the new one looked exactly the same as the old one! :neutral: didn't bother again.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Just picked up the 200 EDC from Renault, coolant change, brake fluid change, new front discs and pads.