ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you use to edit your photos

Inferno 182FF
I was just wondering what you all use to edit your photos?

As a newbie to photography I can't bring myself to spend the £ XXX on photoshop?

Thanks

iPhoto for light editing and cropping. Lightroom for tweaking the colours and for editing that's requires a bit more time. Got photoshop too, but since I got Lightroom, I can't recall using it.

I use Photoscape, free to download, has plenty of options and as a newbie to editing, I haven't got bored after a year.
Photoshop is far better though, I'm just too pikey to pay for it!

Photoshop Elements and Snapseed Desktop is a nice combo, Elements is great for dust removal and more in-depth work etc, whilst Snapseed is ridiculously easy to use if you want to play around with colour/style etc but find PSE a bit too much like hard work for that side of things.

Lightroom is superb IMO.

Once or twice I could have done with something a bit more powerful to do some more heavy duty editing but it's rare that LR doesn't do the job. I've not felt the need to get anything else.

Inferno 182FF
Couple of questions
How do you set photoshop to offline? Is it a case of disconnecting from the Internet before use?

Can this be used with Lightroom aswell?

Mainly want it for touching up exposure and white balance as said in the guides on here

Not sure if I can post this so feel free to delete if needed.

Run Notepad as administrator then open up C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts - hosts is the file

add this in at the bottom:

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com

Save, job done.

RIP Dan
Aperture as its cheap and PS Elements.

I process through Aperture and rarely use PS unless its to remove a lamp post or something.

Inferno 182FF
127.0.0.1 is the local host computer so it just tells it to use that ip address for the updates instead of finding the real site so when it can't find it it times out and the request for an update fails

I shoot in RAW and edit in Lightroom to recover exposure mostly - if at all.

I use Photoshop to sometimes improve shadows/hightlights and improve saturation levels.

Lightroom is money well spent!

Photoshop, unless you're using it for a living, I wouldn't recommend so much - unless you get an older one. Even the older photoshops are good and will deliver the results you want. :)