ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you pay for insuring an rt

on a 1.4RT, N reg, no no claims, new 18 year old driver, parked on a drive, 8000 miles per year, only driver on policy AND pass fn pluss, direct line quoted me £1500 tpf&t

a mate has a 1.4i renault 19, and his quote is £800 tpf&T, he lives 2 miles away, in a rougher area

i asked the bird why the difference, she said clios get stolen more...

anyway, what does everyone else pay, and who should i try?

cheers

i have a 1.2, first year was £1150 fully comp in mums name same conditions as you, that was from direct line BUT direct line dont let you mod that car if ur under 21, which i learn the hard way (car sitting on drive for a week with brand new alloys and me unable to drive it).

Im currently wiht CIS, my m8 has just got insured ona 1.6 golf, 1990, and they gave him a 25% discount for some reason, my insurence on my 1.2 is currently £800 wiht 1 years NCD.

i got a 1.4rt - insured with CIS and the deal is:

Insured in my dads name BUT me as the main driver (i get a NCB when it comes to taking out my own policy)

All non performance enhancing mods are fine i.e alloys etc.

Im payin 1000 pounds fully comp!

Hope it helps

carl.

93 Clio RT 1.4, in a rough area of Leeds, 3rd Party fire and theft, £2100.

19, zero no claims. f**k it, should drop slightly next year ;)

i am payin 950quid fully comp, with liverpool vicotria, thats all my mods declated, alloys,tints,zorst,suspension,sound system, air filters and 10mm ht leags, bucket seats & harnesses ive just turned 19 and i have 1yrs ncb

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

K plate RT, 20 years old, No NCB £690 FC. Thats with Liverpool Victoria, who dont add anything to the policy when you declare mods

my first year was £929 F/Comp with liverpool victoria and no mods this year Im insured with Endsleigh for £625 with 1yrs NCB and all mods declared. they do GREAT deals for students and dont add money on for mods!

oh and Im 21 and I have a 99 1.4RT and its parked on the rd and its right beside edinburghs DODGIEST housing estate...! liverpool-victoria are great for a first quote but they only dropped £50 this year so I told em where to go!

xx Debz xx

thanks, carl, would you mind doing an online quote with CIS and seeing if you get the same quote please?

as they just quoted me nearly £2000 tpft

:sick:

I paid £850ish when i was 18 tpft on my N reg 1.4RT. with pass plus theat was with provident.

I now pay £480 fc at 20 with elephant.