ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what clio to go for?

Clio 172 cup
hi all,

lately ive been thinking about upgrading my car.

I have a 2003 clio 172 cup at the moment but i find it quite bumpy for everyday use. i do have 17inch wheels on it though which might make it abit more bumpy to drive (205/40/17).

I want something with more luxury and more comfortable to drive, so i been thinking about buying a clio 182 ff with very low mileage?or the trophy?only downside to the trophy is its red and they say it will fade?

maybe a megane 225?

any feedback would be great :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
red paint only fades if it isnt looked after properly, im also yet to see a tropy with faded paint tbh

Iceberg 172
17's will be the reason yours is so bumpy. Mine was quite low on coilies and wasn't that bad on the std 16" Turini's.

Clio 172 cup
would love a r27 but it out of my budget. would you say a clio 182 ff is a upgrade from my clio 172 cup and more comfortable etc? or do i look for a different hot hatch?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Do you have modded suspension?

Standard is spot on for everyday use IMO.

Clio 172 cup
no the car is standard apart from brembo discs and ferodo pads, itg panel filter. it must be the 17'' wheels that are maiking it too bumpy then?

but i am looking for an upgrade to the value of 6k but dont know what?has to be a hot hatch though.

Evo 8 MR
hi all,

lately ive been thinking about upgrading my car.

I have a 2003 clio 172 cup at the moment but i find it quite bumpy for everyday use. i do have 17inch wheels on it though which might make it abit more bumpy to drive (205/40/17).

I want something with more luxury and more comfortable to drive, so i been thinking about buying a clio 182 ff with very low mileage?or the trophy?only downside to the trophy is its red and they say it will fade?

maybe a megane 225?

any feedback would be great :)

Yes that's the best Clio to go for. :S

There is no hot hatch better than a 172 cup, imo.

The standard suspension isn't harsh at all.

Clio 172, Clio 200
Seems like a lot of money to spend just for ride comfort when changing the wheels will probably solve that. On the other hand changing your car is always fun...

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
All hot hatchs have bumpy susepension when you compare them to "normal" cars, Its so they have a sportier feel and drive. If you dont want a bumpy ride dont buy a hot hatch buy something more else.

The Clio is generally not to bumpy, have you checked your rear shocks because these may be leaking and when this happens the ride gets harsher. And as said bin 17's

Clio 172 cup
yeah have fitted new shocks recently. sounds like it just me being fussy lol. im looking for somethig newer anyway :)

Clio 1970000000
would love a r27 but it out of my budget. would you say a clio 182 ff is a upgrade from my clio 172 cup and more comfortable etc? or do i look for a different hot hatch?

Get a standard 197. Cheaper and still very capable

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
197 FF... thread ended ;)

Although I drove a meg 225 with standard (non-cup) suspension the other day and it was sooo comfy compared to my 197 cup pack..... although it was a little rolly for my liking