ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS transmission issues

2014 Clio RS
Hi

My 2014 Clio RS is (I think) having transmission issues. It had been driving normally but as I went to take off again from stopped, it flashed a message about checking the auto gear box and now won’t catch on to gear. Fluid has leaked out the bottom and I’ve a couple of warning lights and a message saying “check anti pollution system” - any ideas?

2014 Clio RS
Hi

My 2014 Clio RS is (I think) having transmission issues. It had been driving normally but as I went to take off again from stopped, it flashed a message about checking the auto gear box and now won’t catch on to gear. Fluid has leaked out the bottom and I’ve a couple of warning lights and a message saying “check anti pollution system” - any ideas?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds pretty bad. You were driving around with it leaking trans fluid out?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Id be trying to see where the "fluid" has come from. The edc cars are prone to playing funny buggers with the gearbox and other electrics if the battery is on its way out too, though the fluid sounds bad.

2014 Clio RS
Not sure that it was transmission fluid, tow truck driver reckoned that was just water coming from the a/c - I don’t think there was any leak when initially broke down, I think that was just when I was sat idle with the air con on having pushed the car round the corner

2014 Clio RS
Update: the car is running again (but has the same error messages)

I reckon it’s the electrics - on hot days the electrics have been a bit dodgy, radio controls stop working and recently the indicators have been impacted. I think a recent run of hot weather has made it overheat and now it’s had the chance to cool down, it’s back working.

Anyone had similar problems with theirs? Is a big job to fix up?

Thanks

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Update: the car is running again (but has the same error messages)

I reckon it’s the electrics - on hot days the electrics have been a bit dodgy, radio controls stop working and recently the indicators have been impacted. I think a recent run of hot weather has made it overheat and now it’s had the chance to cool down, it’s back working.

Anyone had similar problems with theirs? Is a big job to fix up?

Thanks
Yep! Been there done that got the Tshirt. Mine would throw up check auto gearbox when the ambient temperature was high. A new TCM solved my issues with the gearbox.

2014 Clio RS
Yep! Been there done that got the Tshirt. Mine would throw up check auto gearbox when the ambient temperature was high. A new TCM solved my issues with the gearbox.
1703058356502.png

Booked in with Renault Servicing on Friday

2014 Clio RS
Not sure about the load test result.

Latest, tried it again tonight - all warning lights have gone but petrol gauge showing empty (it wasn’t empty and definitely wasn’t petrol that leaked out when I broke down)

Keen to see what Renault say in the morning

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
4k for just a auto gearbox computer Is alot.
The computer is around £1200 quid
Depending on where the OP lives (I’m guessing Australia) $4k is about £2k. £2k for the TCM + programming at a dealer probably isn’t too far fetched.