ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What BHP does a Clio RS 200 typically have?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I've done a little research, but I'm looking to see truthful figures.

My car is on 12,000 miles which I pick up tomorrow at 12:00.

How much BHP do these cars usually make? 185-195? Does my car need to be broken in more or should I just take it to a Dyno when I save a couple of quid? I know they don't make the quoted 200.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
My 200 did a RR at 184.6BHP.

2 others got within 2hp of my (one higher and one lower)

To be fair I think that's more than enough for me. I'll be sure to let everyone know when I get another itch though LOL. Where was it DYNO'ed?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
So many factors. If it's well run in and has lost that tightness most modern engines suffer from when new, has just been serviced and is running on good fuel who knows. Be prepared to be shot down in a Sun sized ball of flame if it makes good power though. It's why I won't dyno mine no-one believes the results unless they're low. I know mine goes well. Logging Interval times in both directions many times and then averaging them doesn't lie.

Last edited:
  Clio RS 200 Gordini
So many factors. If it's well run in and has lost that tightness most modern engines suffer from when new, has just been serviced and is running on good fuel who knows. Be prepared to be shot down in a Sun sized ball of flame if it makes good power though. It's why I won't dyno mine no-one believes the results unless they're low. I know mine goes well. Logging Interval times in both directions many times and then averaging them doesn't lie.

Unfortunately I'll have the car tomorrow and I'm really hoping the black box doesn't come yet so I can give it some good punch. I'll have three months before I can give it welly.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I can't argue with others comments regarding track days. One track day in my Cup and it had developed a nice growl under load and felt so much happier on the drive home. Same with the 182 before it. Enjoy the engine when the time comes I haven't seen a Smokey Sport yet despite all the knackered old 172's round by me. I'm sure they do exist but only due to servicing neglect or removing the rev limiter and being a bit silly.