ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests Widetracked Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

Discounted 1*2 parts
Re: Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

Good news, had the 4 wheel alignment done today

Turns out that one wheel had 2 degrees positive camber and the toe was 3 degrees out - no wonder the steering felt a bit dodgy!!

Just need to get some camber bolts as one got mangled when we took it off!

Discounted 1*2 parts

Finally got around to ordering an RS grille today so will be fitting that in the morning

Also got a cup splitter courtesy of clio_luke (thanks mate!!). It was broken into 2 pieces but have had repaired at our bodyshop - you'd never know it was broken!

Will give her a good clean tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be good (fingers crossed!) and post some pics :D

Discounted 1*2 parts

Also got a set of coloured coloured door strips on their way which I just need to get sprayed and a set of colour coded door handles on order from ebay :)

Discounted 1*2 parts

New grille came today

P1030388.jpg

Front bumper off and swapping grilles over

P1030387.jpg

Bumper back on :)

P1030389.jpg

Cup splitter..

P1030390.jpg

Picture of where it was repaired

P1030391.jpg

Fitted to the car

P1030392.jpg

I will wash it at some point lol

P1030394.jpg

P1030395.jpg

P1030396.jpg

GW 200T

As youve spent all ur ays off on sat putting bits on it and its hers send her out with some warm water and a spounge

Discounted 1*2 parts

Get some washer jets in those holes!! (or some filler and a red marker :p)

Gunna get some stubby megane washer jets at some point

Got the colour coded door handles fitted today and sent the door mouldings to the bodyshop to be sprayed :)

Discounted 1*2 parts

Colour coded door mouldings now fitted

Rear disc conversion to be done in the next month :)

Am hoping to fit a mk3 sport steering wheel too when i get the sabelt RS one fitted to my 200 :)

Clio 2.3 dCi 80

Waou !! look so nice !!

i got the Same car, same engine and same wheel drive ...

But i got some questions :

do you compare the dCi and RS subframe?
i searched everywhere, i know the refs are not the same, but do you compare the size between?

I hesitate to change mine, but i keep the dCi subframe when i mounted my from RS wheel drive.

Thanks for your answer :)

Discounted 1*2 parts

Waou !! look so nice !!

i got the Same car, same engine and same wheel drive ...

But i got some questions :

do you compare the dCi and RS subframe?
i searched everywhere, i know the refs are not the same, but do you compare the size between?

I hesitate to change mine, but i keep the dCi subframe when i mounted my from RS wheel drive.

Thanks for your answer :)

I used the RS subframe purely because it had everything already bolted to it, however I have read a couple of posts on the forum that say you can use the standard DCI subframe and just bolt the RS parts on to it.

Clio 2.3 dCi 80

i confirm that you can keep dCi subframe and just bolt the RS parts on it ;)
i searched the info on french forums, but nobodies compare RS and dCi subframe, i hope you'll did it ;)

Thanks for your answer.

Discounted 1*2 parts

Latest pics including colour coded door handles and door mouldings

P1030455.jpg

P1030457.jpg

P1030458.jpg

P1030459.jpg

P1030461.jpg

P1030462.jpg

P1030467.jpg

P1030468.jpg

P1030469.jpg

P1030470.jpg

P1030461-1.jpg

Colour coded the interior dash strips too although made an epic fail on my part!!

P1030466.jpg

P1030464.jpg

Not sure if I like the red dash strips or not yet - may do them in a gunmetal colour instead??

FUTURE MODS:
  • Fit front arch liners
  • Spray diamonds and bullets (thinking gunmetal or gloss black)
  • Fit rear coilover height adjusters to raise it 10mm
  • Cup spoiler
  • Spray RS grille black

Looking very nice now, have you thought about some washer jets for the bumper, not connected?

Discounted 1*2 parts

Looking very nice now, have you thought about some washer jets for the bumper, not connected?

Yea gunna get some megane washer jets (the short stubby ones) just to fill the holes in, not fussed about having them working - after all they'll prob just leak everywhere anyway!!

Disastra Coupe

F***ing LOL at the gear stick haha! Class.

Btw, the car looks amazing. I really do like it, best looking DCI i've seen.

Clio 182 FF

Hi,

I saw you bought a new grill. Could you tell me where have you bought it ? :eek:
me and some hungarian renault club mates searched a lot, but we couldn't find RS grill. if we found one, that would be in poor condition or too expensive. :dapprove:

Thanks!

Discounted 1*2 parts

Hi,

I saw you bought a new grill. Could you tell me where have you bought it ? :eek:
me and some hungarian renault club mates searched a lot, but we couldn't find RS grill. if we found one, that would be in poor condition or too expensive. :dapprove:

Thanks!

I work at Renault so bought one through work.

Unsure of postage costs to Hungary but the grilles cost around £50 ish

Clio 2.3 dCi 80

I work at Renault so bought one through work.

Unsure of postage costs to Hungary but the grilles cost around £50 ish

You work at Renault, nice, i was apprentice for 2 months at renault too ;)
So, i have a little requests, i contact you by PM ;)

Clio 182 FF

Good Night,

My Hungarian club mates asked me to, ask you.
He want to change his grill to RS grill, but he has a Campus front bumper.
Some people here said, the campus grill doesn't compatible with the RS grill.
Is it trough, can he change the Campus grill to a RS grill ?
Thanks!

Clio 2.3 dCi 80

Good Night,

My Hungarian club mates asked me to, ask you.
He want to change his grill to RS grill, but he has a Campus front bumper.
Some people here said, the campus grill doesn't compatible with the RS grill.
Is it trough, can he change the Campus grill to a RS grill ?
Thanks!

he can, but have to cut 2 little part to fix it on the Campus front bumper.
A member of the french forum did it ;)

Discounted 1*2 parts

UPDATE

Fitted front arch liners today, turns out that the sport liners don't fit very well on a non sport with sport bumpers (but we got there in the end!)

Rear wiper motor has started to pack up, suspected this a month or so ago so managaed to get one cheap out the 'for sale' ready to go on

Also tipped over 90k (never got a camera at the right point!) amazing how quickly the miles rack up it was only on 72k when i bought it in april/may!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

dont think the original non sport parts of the car are in flame red.
my dad has a dci 65 and the colour he choose when he bought it from renualt was metallic cherry red. ( looks exactly the same as the dull parts on your dci)

but you've managed to get the colours to match so great work m8.

Last edited:
  Discounted 1*2 parts

dont think the original non sport parts of the car are in flame red.
my dad has a dci 65 and the colour he choose when he bought it from renualt was metallic cherry red. ( looks exactly the same as the dull parts on your dci)

but you've managed to get the colours to match so great work m8.

It is flame red, i checked the colour code ;)

The car has never been washed or cared for properly in the last 5 years, so its slowly coming back to its former glory with some decent cleaning and polishing :)

low and smooth 1.poo

looks well nice bud. do the wings and skirts go on pretty easy? i am getting some thats all, but i am keeping my front bumper as its a smoothed mk2 ph3 one. i no there will be a tiny bit of gap where the bumper and skirt meet like a little triangle, but does everything else go on pretty easy?

Discounted 1*2 parts

looks well nice bud. do the wings and skirts go on pretty easy? i am getting some thats all, but i am keeping my front bumper as its a smoothed mk2 ph3 one. i no there will be a tiny bit of gap where the bumper and skirt meet like a little triangle, but does everything else go on pretty easy?

The wings were a pain in the arse to get off, check out my pics a way back in this thread and you'll see the whole front on the car had to come off!

The ph3 bumper kinks down a little at the wheel arch end so you will be left with a triangle gap, however i have seen people add a bit of fibreglass to the bumper, smooth it and spray it to match the wing.

The skirts were pretty simple, just drilled a hole at each end, bond the clips on and a few more holes drilled in the sill